Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Dji Fly App fails to start
7642 35 2020-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mezzosardo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197795 ft
Austria

Hello to all,
this is my first post.
I have my Mavic Mini now since March of this year and everything works well but ....
Since today when I try to open the Fly App it opens for one second and then closes immediately.
That happens on my Iphone 6 and also on my Ipad Pro.
A restart of the devices doesn't change anything and also a new installation of the app changes nothing.
That means I cannot use the drone although I needed it today for a birthday party.
Any suggestions ?
Regards Mezzosardo
2020-7-10
Use props
SemperFiGuy
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45643 ft
United States

Mezzosardo, I am having the same problem.  I just tried to open DJI Fly on my Iphone 11 and then on my Ipad Air 2, and the same thing happens.  I click on the DJI Fly App, the app opens and then immediately terminates.  I can't figure out what the problem is.
2020-7-10
Use props
SemperFiGuy
lvl.2
United States

Mezzosardo, I am having the same problem.  I just tried to open DJI Fly on my Iphone 11 and then on my Ipad Air 2, and the same thing happens.  I click on the DJI Fly App, the app opens and then immediately terminates.  I can't figure out what the problem is.
2020-7-10
Use props
SemperFiGuy
lvl.2
United States

2020-7-10
Use props
SemperFiGuy
lvl.2
United States

2020-7-10
Use props
SemperFiGuy
lvl.2
United States

#Quick Reply Here#Mezzosardo, I am having the same problem.  I just tried to open DJI Fly on my Iphone 11 and then on my Ipad Air 2, and the same thing happens.  I click on the DJI Fly App, the app opens and then immediately terminates.  I can't figure out what the problem is.
2020-7-10
Use props
fansf013e324
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Having the same issue with DJI Go4 and Mavic 2 Pro on my iPhone 11. Out on a job, flying all morning without issue, now app won’t open!
2020-7-10
Use props
Gian Luca8
New

Italy

i have same problem with app..it opens and close in 1 second..what happens ?
2020-7-10
Use props
DaveP
New
Canada

I am also having the same problem on iPhone 6s and iPad mini, for my Mavic Mini, looking for issue?
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_psdD9P7sTxav
lvl.1

France

Same problem on iPhone 7
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_psdD9P7sTxav
lvl.1

France

Same problem on iPhone 7
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_IUsNpHIiJPAe
New

France

i havre the same problem, the app open during 1 second and close.....Iphone X
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_DLHbgHYMnzlo
lvl.1

United States

having same issue today for mavic air 2 on DJI fly app, iphone, iOS 13.5.1.  All firmware/software up to date;  even unistalled, rebooted everything, reinstalled, same issue.   If someone figures this out please post, and I'll do the same.
2020-7-10
Use props
59 North TV
lvl.3
Flight distance : 20456 ft
United Kingdom

same here and at a very inconvenient time too
2020-7-10
Use props
patrickpatros15
lvl.1
Indonesia

same here on iphone xr with mavic air 2
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_8NmKIWI3isdT
New

United States

DJI we need answers today plzzzz
2020-7-10
Use props
derrydave
New

Sweden

same here, was working last night!
2020-7-10
Use props
zacupuncture
lvl.1

United States

I guess there's never a convenient time, and... i get this is some first world problems, and..... Damn, that was some sweet ass light I missed at sunrise this morning, looking down on the clouds running through the mountain chase like a river runs through it.  would'a'been some great footage.  
2020-7-10
Use props
SerhiiS
New

Ukraine

I have the same issue on DJI Mavic Mini + Iphone XR. Since this morning the app is randomly crashing but i was able to run it and then it also crashed randomly.
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_VkBWtBuNBVQ1
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem, please answers!
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_VkBWtBuNBVQ1
New

United Kingdom

I have the same problem, please answers!
2020-7-10
Use props
fans1dadaf71
New
France

I can use now. It came back for me
2020-7-10
Use props
djiuser_IUsNpHIiJPAe
New

France

ok for me
problem solved
2020-7-10
Use props
derrydave
New

Sweden

app deleted and re-installed several times, sorted. Also seems to have sorted motor speed error. ( also updated all apps on phone)
2020-7-10
Use props
zacupuncture
lvl.1

United States

yup, working for me too now.
2020-7-10
Use props
UweE
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

it was the fault of Facebook SDK, not DJI!
Other IOS were affected, too

Problem is solved now
2020-7-10
Use props
AirSpace21
lvl.1
Flight distance : 295673 ft
  • >>>
Austria

Hi have the same problem, mayby the app cerification on DJI side did run out ;)) had that once with an app we did for a client....should not happen on an app distibuted on the App store.
2020-7-10
Use props
darryl.veghgmail.com
New
United States

Didn't work this morning at around 7:15AM ET, but it works now.  Someone is paying attention at DJI and fixed it.  Thank you!
2020-7-10
Use props
EHEA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363960 ft
Germany

People have reported (see the App sub-forum) that putting phone in Airplane mode (no internet connection) before starting the app prevented the crash. Good to know, because my understanduing is that this can happenagain  any time (including when in flight !!) and is caused by some communication of the app with the outside world going wrong.  I hope the next update of the app will make it more robust against problems like this....
2020-7-10
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I thought the app wasn't supposed to need any internet connection.... Unless this went along with syncing with DJI. Did you all have that set to auto sync?
2020-7-10
Use props
Mezzosardo
lvl.4
Flight distance : 197795 ft
Austria

EHEA Posted at 7-10 05:54
People have reported (see the App sub-forum) that putting phone in Airplane mode (no internet connection) before starting the app prevented the crash. Good to know, because my understanduing is that this can happenagain  any time (including when in flight !!) and is caused by some communication of the app with the outside world going wrong.  I hope the next update of the app will make it more robust against problems like this....

Thanks, that worked. Everything is fine now.
2020-7-10
Use props
EHEA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363960 ft
Germany

GaryDoug Posted at 7-10 06:19
I thought the app wasn't supposed to need any internet connection.... Unless this went along with syncing with DJI. Did you all have that set to auto sync?

Indeed, it doesn't require an internet connection to start up, but when it does find an internet connection it will talk to several websites and apparently it can happen that if it receives garbage , it will crash. Without internet connection, that never happens.

Another good reason to put the phone into airplane mode when flying, other than RFI.
2020-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with the DJI Fly application and for the trouble this has caused. As of the moment the DJI application issue has already been fixed. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. If there is any other issues or concerns with the DJI application. Please feel free to let us know or post it here at DJI Form. Thank you.
2020-7-12
Use props
djiuser_QpG86W2GQtYB
New

United States

I have two phones with the dji fly app installed. One works fine but the other will shut down immediately when I try to open anything such as profile or connect to drone. Reinstall did not work now does restarting and turning on airplane mode and putting it in do not disturb. All was working fine on both phones till a few days ago.
2021-2-24
Use props
djiuser_QpG86W2GQtYB
New

United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-7-12 21:56
Hello there. I am sorry to know that you are having issue with the DJI Fly application and for the trouble this has caused. As of the moment the DJI application issue has already been fixed. We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused. If there is any other issues or concerns with the DJI application. Please feel free to let us know or post it here at DJI Form. Thank you.

I am having that same issue. It crashes right after starting. Airplane mode does not help. My Motorola phone is ok. But my BLUE phone was working but now crashes Everytime I open it. What gives?
2021-2-25
Use props
AtPlaces
lvl.2
United States

Maybe you could try a third party app- try this app: Rainbow for DJI. Search that up word for word
2021-3-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules