Does Osmo Pocket supports Xiaomi Mi9 or LG V20???
1127 11 2020-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Kvitalij83
lvl.2
Spain

Hi all.

Before i spend money on my new camera gear and get OP, does it support phones: Xiaomi Mi9 or LG v20?

Thank you all.
Vitalij
2020-7-10
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Hi.
I think the official list is
Android: Android version 5.0 or later. Compatible with Huawei P20, Huawei P10, Huawei Mate 10 Pro, Huawei Mate 10, Huawei Mate 9 Pro, Huawei Mate 9, Honor 10, Honor 9, Vivo NEX, Mi Mix 2S,Mi 8, Mi 6, OnePlus 6T, OnePlus 5T,Google Pixel 2XL,Google Pixel 2.

My phone, the Huawie P8 lite is not on the list but works. I think as long as the phone has similar video capabilities at 1080p and if need be you connect to the base port of the Osmo Pocket instead of the side port in most cases it will work but maybe not on all frame rates and resolutions. If it can connect for 1080p video it should at least work to unlock the Pocket and allow firmware updates. I would also consider if your phone can use an Android operating system version no further back than three updates ago.

Ray.
2020-7-10
Use props
Kvitalij83
lvl.2
Spain

Mi Mi9 works with Mavic Mini. I just hope it will work with OP too
2020-7-10
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Kvitalij83 Posted at 7-10 05:06
Mi Mi9 works with Mavic Mini. I just hope it will work with OP too

Well looking at the video specs and screen ratio of your  LG v20, that should allow you to at least connect it with the Mimo app and activate it. Beyond that it doesn't appear to be able to cope with many frame rates, only citing 30fps at both resolutions.  I think activation is the key and being able to activate the pro features which if memory serves, has to be done via the phone.  Other features such as looking at the exposure with zebras can only be done on the phone.

Ray.
2020-7-10
Use props
Kvitalij83
lvl.2
Spain

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 7-10 07:55
Well looking at the video specs and screen ratio of your  LG v20, that should allow you to at least connect it with the Mimo app and activate it. Beyond that it doesn't appear to be able to cope with many frame rates, only citing 30fps at both resolutions.  I think activation is the key and being able to activate the pro features which if memory serves, has to be done via the phone.  Other features such as looking at the exposure with zebras can only be done on the phone.

Ray.

My LG V20 is quite old, I think Xiaomi MI9 is much better for that but it is using Android 10q version or MIUI frim Xiaomi, I just hope at least one of those phones will work with it

Thanks for feedback
2020-7-10
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Kvitalij83 Posted at 7-10 08:09
My LG V20 is quite old, I think Xiaomi MI9 is much better for that but it is using Android 10q version or MIUI frim Xiaomi, I just hope at least one of those phones will work with it

Thanks for feedback

A lot of new phones use variable frame rate codecs for their video and may be one reason the Mimo app does not work with them. I don't know, it could also be screen ratios or unsupported frame rates or codecs, but something stops some phones from being compatible.

Ray.
2020-7-10
Use props
DanyLTV
New

Canada

LG v20 is a no go. I just bought a used Osmo Pocket and the phone connect 25% of the time. I have no idea how to do it consistantly. So I just connect it and most of the time it start the app then does nothing. No connection. Unplug replug reset does nothing. I leave it alone 5 minute and one in a while it will connect perfectly. I manage to do a video. When it work it work great but I have no idea how to make it work beside random change one in a while.
2020-7-11
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DanyLTV Posted at 7-11 19:47
LG v20 is a no go. I just bought a used Osmo Pocket and the phone connect 25% of the time. I have no idea how to do it consistantly. So I just connect it and most of the time it start the app then does nothing. No connection. Unplug replug reset does nothing. I leave it alone 5 minute and one in a while it will connect perfectly. I manage to do a video. When it work it work great but I have no idea how to make it work beside random change one in a while.

Which port are you using?
If the side port then the connector may be faulty. Try using the base connector. If that doesn't work see if you can connect it to another persons phone. Dont't connect with the Osmo Pocket in a high frame rate of resolution to begin with as the phone may not be able to cope. Stick to 1080x1920 @ 29.94 fps. (30fps) and see if that works.
It could even be a faulty Osmo Pocket. Not something I would buy second hand without testing first.
2020-7-12
Use props
DanyLTV
New

Canada

Ray-CubeAce Posted at 7-12 07:49
Which port are you using?
If the side port then the connector may be faulty. Try using the base connector. If that doesn't work see if you can connect it to another persons phone. Dont't connect with the Osmo Pocket in a high frame rate of resolution to begin with as the phone may not be able to cope. Stick to 1080x1920 @ 29.94 fps. (30fps) and see if that works.
It could even be a faulty Osmo Pocket. Not something I would buy second hand without testing first.

Yes, I think the side port is a defect but I got a wifi module today and it works fine on wifi there is still some connection drop but nothing major. So good to go for now.
2020-7-12
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

DanyLTV Posted at 7-12 14:25
Yes, I think the side port is a defect but I got a wifi module today and it works fine on wifi there is still some connection drop but nothing major. So good to go for now.

If it's the side port it's probably the plug itself. If it's been strained they can break up internally, but I find the side port connection less reliable than the base port. Why I have no idea. Using my son's Galaxy 9s I have no problems with either port. Using my Huawei P8 Lite I can only film in 1080p at up to 30fps reliably  using the base port of the Pocket.

Ray.
2020-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Vitalij. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. I hope that you will get the best recommendation from our fellow DJI members who owns the DJI Osmo Pocket and uses these mobile devices. In addition after checking the mobile devices ( Xiaomi Mi9 and LG V20 ) on the recommended mobile device list for the DJI Osmo Pocket and on the DJI Mimo  application. I am sorry to say that the said mobile device is not yet recommended for the said camera and for the said application. There is a possibility that the Xiaomi Mi9  and the LG V20 will be able to work on the DJI Mimo application. But however, since it's not yet optimized with the said application and with the said camera we cannot guaranteed if it will work all the time and if it will be able to run all the functions of the DJI Mimo application while in use. For reference, I will be posting the list of the recommended mobile device DJI Osmo Pocket. Thank you.

2020-7-12
Use props
Kvitalij83
lvl.2
Spain

Thanks all for your replies and help.
Found a guy on FB who uses OP with Xioami Mi9 - IT works.
2020-7-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules