Feature request - Buddy box / student trainer mode
3296 5 2020-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TechnoCore
lvl.2

United States

It would be great if you could connect 2 FPV controllers together, wirelessly or wired, and use them for training new pilots. This concept has existed for a long time, a student controls the aircraft until a switch / button press (or switch / button release) on the instructor's radio, then instructor takes over control as nessesary.

Most RC transmitter manufacturers support a universal student / instructor system, it would be even better if the FPV controller could accept wired student input from any of those other manufacturers.

Ideally, we could use one of the non-aux switches for granting / retake control. While in trainer mode, I'd like to hold down the C button or the record / back button or the left dial to grant control, and release to retake control.

2020-7-10
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there TechnoCore. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Again, thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-7-12
Use props
darel2021
New

Ukraine

great idea!
2021-1-19
Use props
darel2021
New

Ukraine

I also have an idea, I saw a lot of video lessons from JI and many are translated into Polish. But almost all of DJI's documentation and blog is in English. I really like your products, I would love to translate manuals and product lessons into Polish, as I work professionally as a writer at  a specialized European service to help students with abstracts and other assignments. I have been writing and translating professionally for many years. I think there will be many DJI fans from Eastern Europe who will be interested in this.

2021-1-19
Use props
djiuser_x0TO4zuJwQs2
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-7-12 19:43
Hello there TechnoCore. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Again, thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.

Has any progress been made on this? I would like to teach my grandson to fly DJI drones using my DJI Mini 3 Pro. A Buddy Box capability would be the best way if at all possible.
2023-8-6
Use props
DJI Gamora
Administrator

djiuser_x0TO4zuJwQs2 Posted at 8-6 03:49
Has any progress been made on this? I would like to teach my grandson to fly DJI drones using my DJI Mini 3 Pro. A Buddy Box capability would be the best way if at all possible.

Hi, there. We're sorry that this feature isn't still supported for our consumer drones. Rest assured that we continuously forward relevant requests.
2023-12-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules