Point of Interest - Mavic Pro
907 4 2020-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Pilot Pete
lvl.1

United States

I would like to shoot a point of interest video at a local rally.  Because I cannot fly over the crowd to center my point of interest, I am looking for a way to keep my shot centered on the crowd without having to fly over it.  Any suggestions?  Thanks.

Pete
Fort Lauderdale, FL
2020-7-10
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I would fly that by hand.
Especially when there are people involved.
2020-7-14
Use props
Cavu Films
First Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

I would scout out the venue before hand and if the Rally organizers know that you are flying a drone for footage I would ask them to do a walk through with you so they can point out areas will not have people. This way you can plan your flying accordingly. It will most likely be all outer area flying with the drone facing into the rally. Hope it works out for you.
2020-7-14
Use props
Pilot Pete
lvl.1

United States

Thank you, that's all good advice.  I had done all of that prior to the shoot, but was looking for a way to do a point of interest shot without the ability to fly directly overhead to set the center point.  The Mavic Pro requires flying directly over the center point to set it, and here I cannot do that.  I see one reply was to fly it by hand, but I do not think I can get the smoothness that the POI intelligent flight mode offers.
2020-7-14
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

POI 50m away from the nearest person
2020-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now