Mavic Air remote wont connect to my phone.
718 7 2020-7-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Julian793
lvl.1

Germany

When I put the cable in my phone, the phone charges for like 3 seconds, then it disconnects and reconnects again. Its a never ending circle, and the remote just cant connect to my phone. What should I do? I bought my Mavic Air about 8 months ago, and flew only a few times. Now its summer, and I cant fly. I have this problem for 2 days now. I hope you can help me.
2020-7-10
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Julian793, sorry for the trouble on connecting to the RC, did you try with the USB port at the bottom of the RC? Is it working? What is the model of your phone? Did you try with another phone?
2020-7-10
Use props
Julian793
lvl.1

Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-10 20:20
Hi Julian793, sorry for the trouble on connecting to the RC, did you try with the USB port at the bottom of the RC? Is it working? What is the model of your phone? Did you try with another phone?

Hello, thanks for your reply.
I have a Galaxy A40. But it worked just fine. I tried it now with an Iphone XS, and it worked. Do I need a new phone now?
2020-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Julian793 Posted at 7-11 07:50
Hello, thanks for your reply.
I have a Galaxy A40. But it worked just fine. I tried it now with an Iphone XS, and it worked. Do I need a new phone now?

If the iPhone XS works fine, the RC is good, please troubleshoot the cable and mobile phone.
For Galaxy A40, did you try both the port on the left side and the USB port at the bottom of the RC (when using this port, please unplug the cable on the left side)?
Please also check whether you have enabled the USB Debugging in the Developer option of your phone. If not, enable it.
When the phone connects to the RC, there should be a pop-up window of 'USB Connect Method', please select 'Charge Only' (for most Android phones) or media (MTP) or camera (PTP) (for a small part of Android phones).
If the cables and the settings are proper, it is recommended to try with another Android phone.

2020-7-11
Use props
Carlitoturco
New

Turkey

I have same problem between my Mavic Pro and Xiaomi Mi 9t. I cant understand what is the main reason? RC works with every phone i used with the same cables, but not with my Mi 9t. Guys help us, we dont want to buy a new phone but we may buy a new drone if we save enough soon )
2020-7-13
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

Carlitoturco Posted at 7-13 04:56
I have same problem between my Mavic Pro and Xiaomi Mi 9t. I cant understand what is the main reason? RC works with every phone i used with the same cables, but not with my Mi 9t. Guys help us, we dont want to buy a new phone but we may buy a new drone if we save enough soon )

Sorry to read your experience, if the other mobile phones work with the RC, the RC is fine and so was the cable.
For Android phone, it is recommended to enable the USB Debugging in the Developer option of your phone. When the phone connects to the RC, there should be a pop-up window of 'USB Connect Method', please ensure to select 'Charge Only' (for most of the Android phones) or Media library (MTP) or camera (PTP) mode (a small part of phones).
If the problem persists, it could be a compatibility issue, you are recommended to fly with another phone.
2020-7-14
Use props
djiuser_QQxTN5WCePcv
lvl.1
Flight distance : 5617 ft
Germany

Hi,
I just came across this problem and i came with an idea to clean the USB port in my phone.
Turned out there was a bit of dust in there preventing RC to have a good USB connection. Once the dust was removed, it works just fine.
Worth trying, cost you nothing ;-)
2020-8-8
Use props
Julian793
lvl.1

Germany

djiuser_QQxTN5WCePcv Posted at 8-8 09:02
Hi,
I just came across this problem and i came with an idea to clean the USB port in my phone.
Turned out there was a bit of dust in there preventing RC to have a good USB connection. Once the dust was removed, it works just fine.

Omg danke du Ehrenmann, tut wieder. Willst du mich Heiraten?

English: It worked for me.
2020-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules