Mavic Air 2 Submerged in lake for 30 Minutes
677 11 2020-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Awh2121
lvl.1
Flight distance : 523648 ft
United States

While flying my Mavic Air 2 it hit somthing and spiraled into a lake. After diving for 30 minutes we eventually found it and brought it back where I toom out the battery, blow dried it, and put it on rice. I have DJI Refresh but I am wondering if there is any chance whatsoever of this drone working again.
2020-7-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

The bottom line will always be to return it to be safe and if you have care refresh then even better. Good job on recovering it too.
2020-7-11
Use props
Awh2121
lvl.1
Flight distance : 523648 ft
United States

A J Posted at 7-11 09:04
The bottom line will always be to return it to be safe and if you have care refresh then even better. Good job on recovering it too.

Thank you!
2020-7-11
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You're welcome
2020-7-11
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

2020-7-11
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Fresh/salt water + electronics = FUBAR

The bird "could work" again....but would never be safe to fly, as the electronic failure that WILL happen .... simply hasn't YET

Randy
2020-7-11
Use props
Mr. Motta
lvl.4
Flight distance : 221906 ft
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 7-11 19:48
Fresh/salt water + electronics = FUBAR

The bird "could work" again....but would never be safe to fly, as the electronic failure that WILL happen .... simply hasn't YET

You don't know that. I have washed many electrical components and never had any problems with them.
2020-7-11
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

We are sorry to know the drone was crashed, it is not recommended to keep flying the water-damaged drone since the electronic components could be corroded and the performance of the drone could be severely affected, the water-damaged drone is unable to be repaired by DJI but be replaced. For the safety concern, it is recommended to send back for the service.
2020-7-11
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

Mr. Motta Posted at 7-11 21:40
You don't know that. I have washed many electrical components and never had any problems with them.

The difference is that you probably used de-ionized/distilled water instead of brackish lake water containing minerals, fertilizer and other runoff, and dried everything thoroughly to prevent corrosion.

With surface mounted electronic components capillary action in combination with water pressure from submersion will draw water into tight spaces where it is difficult or impossible to remove without equipment such as a vacuum chamber.
2020-7-11
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-11 22:25
We are sorry to know the drone was crashed, it is not recommended to keep flying the water-damaged drone since the electronic components could be corroded and the performance of the drone could be severely affected, the water-damaged drone is unable to be repaired by DJI but be replaced. For the safety concern. it is recommended to send back for the service.

Good to know!     
2020-7-11
Use props
HoosierFlyer
lvl.2
Flight distance : 131516 ft
United States

While flying, I accidentally flew in to the sun. I was able to take a rocket ship to the sun and find it. Took it back to earth, put it in the fridge to cool it down. Wonder if it’ll ever work again.
2020-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Return it.  What did you hit over a lake?
2020-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules