Video quality issue - vertical noise
1180 3 2015-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hjf
lvl.1

United States

I have a P2V+ that used to take excellent quality video; but a crash and fall had me replacing the ribbon cable.  No problem; I got really good at it after several tries and two cables.  So now I have my gimbal and camera working again and went for a scenic flight this afternoon.  Alas, when I checked out the video, there is an objectionable amount of noise most prominently at interfaces between light and dark areas.  The noise seems to align itself as vertical lines when it is thick enough.

Coming home tonight, I tried shooting video with several camera settings to see if that was the issue, but I get the same problem with all settings.  The sources I'm considering are that maybe the camera got damaged; but it didn't fall that far or hit that hard; and it *does* seem to work okay.  Or maybe the ribbon cable isn't right; but believe me, I got to be a pro at installing these things and it's a brand new cable.  Or it's a software thing, but I'm stumped.  FWIW, I've tried playing the video with VLC, WMP, Zune and get the same artifacts.

I've attached a 10 second clip showing the problem.  
http://youtu.be/XMN7BwjCKwk

Any suggestions for where I can look to fix this?

2015-6-18
Use props
DJI-Dave
Second Officer

United States

If you are sure it is not the ribbon cable or the connection to the ribbon cable then you will probably need to send it in.
2015-6-18
Use props
roy
Second Officer

United States

Haven't seen that type of noise before. Hard to say. Check the gimbel plugs to camera and make sure they are tight.take a couple of stills and see if they are affected with the same noise. Al lest you can get a starting point.
2015-6-20
Use props
hjf
lvl.1

United States

roy@mcscomputer Posted at 2015-6-20 17:48
Haven't seen that type of noise before. Hard to say. Check the gimbel plugs to camera and make sure  ...

Took it all apart again and made sure all connections were seated well.  Didn't fix the problem; in fact, it may be a little worse.  The same little artifacts (small horiz & vert lines) are on the stills too.  Alas.  Have a new ribbon cable on order.  I'll see if that helps when it gets here.  Thanks.
2015-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules