Geo-fencing based on approved FAA flight plan
551 0 2020-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LeeG
lvl.3
Flight distance : 169281 ft
United States

When flying in restricted air space I always file an FAA flight plan. With Airmap I can select my intended altitude, and area on a map. I can either select a radius, or it allow me to select a more specific shaped area by dragging points. It would be a nice safety feature for Fly (or eventually the SC) to be able to copy my approved flight plan to the app. Although I can select both height and distance limiting parameters in Fly, it would be cool to be able to copy data from the FAA flight plan, even these custom rectangular/irregular shaped area and elevation constraints into the flight program. I suppose this would be called geo-fencing? The area I have filed for being carefully selected to avoid flying over residences, it would make a flight even safer, and possibly more legal, to align actual flight limits area based upon my approved plan. This may require a coordinated effort between Airmap, KittyHawk, etc. and the flight control software.

For those that regularly fly in restricted air space, is this a feature you would find helpful?

2020-7-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules