Video feed stuttering / freezing after 15 minutes flying
748 4 2020-7-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Raudi
New
United States

I was enjoying my first flights with my new Mavic Air 2 (fly more combo) purchased today after watching some great first flight video's and beginer's guides linked here.

After 10-15 minutes into a short distance flight above my neighborhood the video feed started stuttering / freezing for several seconds at a time making it difficult to fly. I did not have any signal loss or other warning signs of a degraded signal (full bars) and was able to maneuver back to home OK. Even with the drone hovering right in front of me and doing some simple maneuvers, turns etc. the video feed was still stuttering / freezing really bad to my Iphone X (wifi off). I tried another flight an hour later later with a different battery and also set the transmission setting to "smooth" instead of HD to see if that would make any difference but the same issue occured after around 10-15 minutes of flying again and continued through landing.  

I did notice the bottom of the drone was pretty hot after returning and it is 100+ degrees here today so possibly overheating?  The internal camera footage looked normal after reviewing except I could tell where I slowed / stopped flying when the stuttering was occuring to see if it would clear up.

Please let em know if anyone else has experienced a similar issue and suggestions to try as I plan to wait until it's cooler outside later this evening or in the morning to try again.

Thanks for any help!

2020-7-11
Use props
Mikem691
lvl.4
Flight distance : 247474 ft
United States

Sounds more like the phone was running hot or low on resources.
2020-7-11
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Close ALL apps before starting DJI FLY

Only run DJI FLY when flying you bird.......Try that....see if it helps or solves the issue.

Randy

2020-7-11
Use props
frankymusik
Second Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I also suspect that it was more of a problem with the phone ...
2020-7-11
Use props
Raudi
New
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 7-11 20:03
Close ALL apps before starting DJI FLY

Only run DJI FLY when flying you bird.......Try that....see if it helps or solves the issue.

I had better luck with early morning flight today ~80 degree temps and got in 25 minutes with 1 RC disconnect after which I was able to initiate an RTH (that was scary).

I always close all apps before flights and this time I put phone in airplane mode, drone bottom was only warm after flight.

2020-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules