2129 30 2020-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4109377 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hi today 12/07/2020 my Mavic mini flown away I was flying at Skegness beach in Lincolnshire UK the flight was all fine only about 7 minutes in the screen started to frizz so I pressed return home but it never happened

my flight was into the wind only about 4/5mph battery was full before flight and it was only about 300 meters away at MAX.

now I have no Mavic mini but I would like to know how to get the flight data and has anyone else had this problem?

please help

Wayne

2020-7-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi Wayne,

Best to get help is to upload your flightlog, using this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

After uploading post that link on here.

cheers
JJB
2020-7-12
Use props
J04DAN
lvl.3
Flight distance : 34413 ft
Canada

The flight data is saved to your phone in the DJI Fly apps cache.
2020-7-12
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

see post 1 in
https://mavicpilots.com/threads/ ... alysis-guide.78627/  
It's a long read but worth it
2020-7-12
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/9R4R6LDD43YH4AX4Q0LV

this is the flight logs anyone look for me to see what went wrong please
2020-7-12
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

this was the wind for today at Skegness where the flight was
2020-7-12
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 7-12 00:50
Hi Wayne,

Best to get help is to upload your flightlog, using this link > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

hi thank you for your help I have put the flight log on and to me it looks like it just started to lose height the flight was on the beach my screen froze so i hit return home  
2020-7-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wizzokartworld Posted at 7-12 10:46
https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/9R4R6LDD43YH4AX4Q0LV

this is the flight logs anyone look for me to see what went wrong please

Hi,

Had a look at your flight.

At 4m7s in flight RTH, at 30 ft baro height  distance out 1175 feet.
MM climbed to 90 feet, turned to HP.
Lost contact for a while, in contact again 17 ft/s speed. all looks normal.

BUT at 4m29 speed dropped to 9 to 5 to 3 ft/s  AND loosing height.
Slowly loosing height from 98 feet to ZERO.

Your MM did not had the power to fly back with normal speed and not enough power to keep height.
A typical Uncontrolled Descend !

Last record VPS height 20 feet, 1 second before 30 feet.

So your MM crashed little bit further than last knows pos ; [53.13670400, 0.35031700 ].
On GE it just crash-landed with dry feet....

Contact DJI for support, your MM is a faulty one, so DJI can and should (imo) help you further.

cheers
JJB
analysis2.png
analysis3.png
2020-7-12
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 7-12 11:16
Hi,

Had a look at your flight.
[Image]

Thank you for your help i will call them tomorrow I have been flying for sometime and I had a phantom 4 pro drop from the sky some years ago that was faulty and dji sorted it.
I am not a professional just hobby I have had this since January this year and I think its the 3rd flight
2020-7-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wizzokartworld Posted at 7-12 11:38
Thank you for your help i will call them tomorrow I have been flying for sometime and I had a phantom 4 pro drop from the sky some years ago that was faulty and dji sorted it.
I am not a professional just hobby I have had this since January this year and I think its the 3rd flight

Good luck with DJI, report back the good result!

cheers
JJB
2020-7-12
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Have you had a look for it? It might be on dry land
Can you post on here the .DAT file?
Under Android it will be in the MCDatFlightRecords folder, the time stamps will be slightly different from the txt files.
2020-7-12
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-12 12:04
Have you had a look for it? It might be on dry land
Can you post on here the .DAT file?
Under Android it will be in the MCDatFlightRecords folder, the time stamps will be slightly different from the txt files.

Yeah. From where the flight started, I don't think he could see the shoreline for the dunes. But I must think he did search the shore area.
2020-7-12
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

we searched for well over 2 hours if what JJB is saying it would have been in the sea most my flight was clear line of sight I looked down at my screen then lost sight but GaryDoug is  right my flight path took me over the dunes but there is a low set where they take the boats out to sea
2020-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry to know about this unfortunate incident with your DJI Mavic Mini. With regards to this matter. For better assistance, kindly please sync your flight records and please contact the DJI support team to further investigate the cause of the fly away and a proper resolution will be provided. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-7-13
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you do "sync" you logs be sure you have copies saved on your PC etc. first, 'just incase'.
2020-7-13
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-13 07:02
If you do "sync" you logs be sure you have copies saved on your PC etc. first, 'just incase'.

i have saved everything just waiting for a copy of my invoice for some reason I lost it somewhere like my drone
2020-7-13
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

well sent email to dji and they asked for all the data and stuff see what happens next??
fingers crossed it gets sorted quickly
in total i think there's only been 3 flights
2020-7-16
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wizzo,  Although is appeared you were good on power,  your cell voltage was in the 3.6v range.  You did NOT run out but you were low.   The % reading of 60+ % is incorrect.

Please start your long distance flight with 100% fully charged battery,  NOT 86%.......

Looked to me like it landed on the beach......but if it was High Tide......BOO!

Randy
2020-7-16
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi Randy what do you mean the 60% battery was wrong
my flight was not long distance it was only 300-400 miters just over the beach to the sea the tide was on it's way out i think and i am sure it would have been in the sea has I got to the crash area ( well where the find my drone point was) in less than 5 mins ish and the beach was empty just odd dog walker and there was no sign of it i stayed on the beach looking and called my wife to come help me look and the tractor driver
so now DJI have all the data and we are waiting to see what is said
2020-7-18
Use props
rwynant V1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

Wizzokartworld Posted at 7-18 08:19
Hi Randy what do you mean the 60% battery was wrong
my flight was not long distance it was only 300-400 miters just over the beach to the sea the tide was on it's way out i think and i am sure it would have been in the sea has I got to the crash area ( well where the find my drone point was) in less than 5 mins ish and the beach was empty just odd dog walker and there was no sign of it i stayed on the beach looking and called my wife to come help me look and the tractor driver
so now DJI have all the data and we are waiting to see what is said

Wizzo,

Please tell us when you charged your battery for this flight......and how long was it before you flew with this battery?

Your battery cells at 65% should have been reading above 3.75v......but they weren't, they were at 3,6v

The battery measurement system is based on starting your flight with 100% battery charge.

Randy

2020-7-18
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

my battery was charged 2 day's before my flight in the fly more charger they had full lights on the charger
2020-7-18
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

Wizzokartworld Posted at 7-18 23:12
my battery was charged 2 day's before my flight in the fly more charger they had full lights on the charger

IMO your batt was OK.

MM has other type of battery than bigger DJI drones.

See typical values for a MM, see the charts.
For a mavic mini values < 3.3 are to be avoid.

Luckily DJI is so clever to show the correct values, even if you start at 80% or 60% or...

But i agree, best is to start with a recently charged battery (for sure if the flight os over water.....sometimes you need all the juice to reach home...)

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
analysis2.png
2020-7-19
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thank you again JJB I appreciate your help has a rule I would use full batteries but I think I topped up my hand set just before my flight but I knew the battery was good for the flight I was doing because the distance and wind I was heading into the wind.
But I must say that the help JJB and others on this forum have gave has been so helpful so thank you all so much
2020-7-19
Use props
djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf
lvl.4
Flight distance : 542083 ft
Spain

if the wind is strong and you press RTH, MM on my case prompted me "no possible to make RTH,please make manual descend and back manually" , i don't know why it didn't prompt it too if the wind was strong on this case
2020-7-19
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi djiuser_RIeSM3mAo5mf sorry it took so long to reply the wind on the Day was only 4-5 MPH max so there was no wind problems and all i am getting from DJI is we are looking into the data so just have to wait to see what is said
2020-7-23
Use props
Dakar Enduro
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1451841 ft
Senegal

the wind at 30ft height is a lot different than wind at 90ft.

unless there were objects to clear you may have been better served with a rth height lower.  you should adjust that for each flight location, especially with the lack of wind capability of the mini.
2020-7-23
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

the 4 MPH wind was at 120ft 30m i use a wind chart for each flight I have been flying for years started on the Phantom 2 and just new to the mini and the DJI fly app
don't get me wrong I am not saying I am some supper flyer far from it but so far I have only had 3 drone crashes 1 was the mavic mini (lost drone) 1 was me being stupid (smashed props) and 1 was
the phantom 4 pro battery problem it dropped from the sky (totaled drone) I have done some epic flights
but most of all we all need help at some point and forums like this and people like you all help so thank you
2020-7-23
Use props
EHEA
lvl.4
Flight distance : 363960 ft
Germany

If it had struggled against the wind, it would have pitched down more, right?
2020-7-23
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

well it looks like DJI are sending me a replacement drone and battery
shame it went in the first place all it's cost is time with out the mini and a very good SD card

so I would like to thank you all for the help and a big thank you to JJB for your input
will let you all know when it comes
2020-7-25
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

EHEA Posted at 7-23 12:31
If it had struggled against the wind, it would have pitched down more, right?

yes I think it would have pitched down
2020-7-25
Use props
Wizzokartworld
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

well today i got my replacement mavic mini from DJI and the replacement SD card came to thank you all for your help
2020-8-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules