Video too fast ... your opinion
637 28 2020-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
nevac
First Officer
Flight distance : 9776798 ft
Serbia

I tried to make a video that will be more dynamic and faster, but I think I overdid it. What is your opinion?

2020-7-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning location - maybe blend transitions with 5 second clips then have a really cool 20 second clip of flight like a POI. But there is no standard and it's your vid at the end of the day so always do what you feel is best.
2020-7-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stunning location - maybe blend transitions with 5 second clips then have a really cool 20 second clip of flight like a POI. But there is no standard and it's your vid at the end of the day so always do what you feel is best.
2020-7-12
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Serbia

A J Posted at 7-12 02:45

Thank you very much AJ for the comment. I think people prefer to watch videos that will keep their attention so that they are not boring. A lot depends on how the video is edited and on the music that will accompany it.
2020-7-12
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nevac Posted at 7-12 03:03
Thank you very much AJ for the comment. I think people prefer to watch videos that will keep their attention so that they are not boring. A lot depends on how the video is edited and on the music that will accompany it.

Very true - I have a thirty second time span for watching videos - music, scenery and a cool story make them. I can watch a brilliant video for ten minutes or be turned off within seconds
2020-7-12
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Amazing footage, great spot and views! Thanks for sharing!
2020-7-12
Use props
ckat007
First Officer
Flight distance : 887024 ft
Finland

Nice footage! Nice place! Great job!
2020-7-12
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.
2020-7-12
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Maybe a little. I've never been a fan of really fast editing. I felt a little insecure about this, and intentionally edited one fast. The only comment I got about it is "why such short clips?"
2020-7-12
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Yes, you made it a bit too fast for my taste. I strongly suggest editing to the beat. But I like it still more than shot that are too long. I think the sweet spot is somewhere between 3 and 10 seconds.
2020-7-12
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Serbia

Tentoes Posted at 7-12 05:48
Maybe a little. I've never been a fan of really fast editing. I felt a little insecure about this, and intentionally edited one fast. The only comment I got about it is "why such short clips?"

Thank you very much for your suggestion. My biggest problem is when I have a lot of good material that I later present in a bad way. "A man learns all his life."
2020-7-12
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Serbia

Depp Posted at 7-12 05:50
Yes, you made it a bit too fast for my taste. I strongly suggest editing to the beat. But I like it still more than shot that are too long. I think the sweet spot is somewhere between 3 and 10 seconds.

Thanks a lot Depp.
2020-7-12
Use props
Nick M
lvl.4
Flight distance : 600574 ft
United States

Yes, most of the transitions are a little quick to be able to scan the frame and search it, but it appears you fit your content into the song.  Stunning shots!  I enjoyed the river area and the roadway/tunnel shots.
2020-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Panning is a little quick.
2020-7-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice!
2020-7-13
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Serbia

DAFlys Posted at 7-13 00:03
Panning is a little quick.

Thanks for the comment.
2020-7-13
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Serbia

Thanks a lot!
2020-7-13
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2020-7-13
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Flight distance : 2203983 ft
Sweden

I think a lot is allready said. I think it's a lot to personal preferences. I think you had very nice speed ramps synched with the music.
Perhaps blend a little bit, some short some long, the long ones could be of POI character and by that I don´t mean the POI mode of the aircraft.

I think the trend is to make short fast stuff and we sometimes forget "what is the story here?"

But once again a personal preference.

I enjoyed watching it for sure
2020-7-13
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Serbia

Flybee Posted at 7-13 05:24
I think a lot is allready said. I think it's a lot to personal preferences. I think you had very nice speed ramps synched with the music.
Perhaps blend a little bit, some short some long, the long ones could be of POI character and by that I don´t mean the POI mode of the aircraft.

Thank you so much for the suggestions.
2020-7-13
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

nevac Posted at 7-13 05:31
Thank you so much for the suggestions.

Found this one, since I have gotten some inspiration from this one my self.
Just  as an example, not easy to do this if you don´t have anything to shot handheld with and if you are alone but can create some ideas at least.

Good luck in your future filming and may the light be with you.

2020-7-13
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Serbia

Flybee Posted at 7-13 10:17
Found this one, since I have gotten some inspiration from this one my self.
Just  as an example, not easy to do this if you don´t have anything to shot handheld with and if you are alone but can create some ideas at least.

This looks very professionally done. It certainly requires a lot of time for editing, as well as knowledge of video editing software. It will help me for further learning. Thank you very much for sharing!
2020-7-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

nevac Posted at 7-13 03:55
Thanks for the comment.

You're very welcome.
2020-7-13
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

nevac Posted at 7-13 10:39
This looks very professionally done. It certainly requires a lot of time for editing, as well as knowledge of video editing software. It will help me for further learning. Thank you very much for sharing!

No problem, happy to help if I can.
Editing and that part you will learn if you are interested and have the time.

Start with "planning" the footage, create a "picture" of what you want to acchive cause then you will come home with the footage you need and not the other way around  ie. How can I use this? if you understand what I mean.

Good luck and have respect for the time it takes  
2020-7-13
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Serbia

Flybee Posted at 7-13 10:47
No problem, happy to help if I can.
Editing and that part you will learn if you are interested and have the time.

Thanks a lot for your time.
I just did the opposite of what you said.
Thanks again.
2020-7-13
Use props
Flybee
First Officer
Sweden

nevac Posted at 7-13 10:55
Thanks a lot for your time.
I just did the opposite of what you said.
Thanks again.

I’m doing that also so Don’t be sorry it is supposed to be fun so have fun and it Will come. The problem is if you are in a Nice place (and Will not get back for a long time or never) then it’s frustrating to look though  your footage and realise that ”Why did’t I .....”  

Have fun and take your time
2020-7-13
Use props
maddox
Captain
Malaysia

Great work, lovely footage
2020-7-19
Use props
My Drone Camera amp Me
First Officer
Flight distance : 6057454 ft
  • >>>
Spain

On my opinion, it looks like you were in a hurry to show all the footage and finish the video
2020-8-8
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Serbia

My Drone Camera amp Me Posted at 8-8 07:12
On my opinion, it looks like you were in a hurry to show all the footage and finish the video

Thanks a lot My Drone Camera amp Me
2020-8-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules