Max flight distance reached. Adjust aircraft distance and try again.
12343 18 2020-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ThaSinner
lvl.1

United States

Hi,

I just purchased the Mavic Air 2 a few days ago and have flown the drone for a few times. I've tried using Quickshots and Hyperlapse but I would always get the Max Flight Distance error. I've manually set my flight distance to no limit and my altitute to around 200 ft. I've also set the RTH altitude to higher than the tallest building in the area.

No matter how many times I change the max flight distance, I would always get the error when trying to highlight a subject in quickshots or hyperlapse.

My account is logged in and my firmware is up-to-date.

Thanks
2020-7-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

No idea yes, are you in beginner mode?

If you like post your flightlog on here, using this > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Another help is to screen record your flight, so 'we' can see what you see on the screen for messages.

cheers
JB
2020-7-12
Use props
ThaSinner
lvl.1

United States

JJB* Posted at 7-12 08:34
Hi,

I couldn't find where to toggle beginner mode off in the DJI  Fly app. Can you please walk me through how to get there?

I will post the footage in a few.

Thanks
2020-7-12
Use props
ThaSinner
lvl.1

United States

ThaSinner Posted at 7-12 08:41
I couldn't find where to toggle beginner mode off in the DJI  Fly app. Can you please walk me through how to get there?

I will post the footage in a few.

Here's a screenshot I took earlier
3A82183E-B949-4EBB-BC4C-35D4247AE489.jpeg
2020-7-12
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

The manual says you have to be at least 6.6 feet high, you are only 5.9 feet high. Might be a buggy error message that doesn't help at all. If that doesn't help, try being father away from the home point. Maybe it doesn't like being so close, at just 2 feet? Just some guesses.
2020-7-12
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. Kindly please sync your flight records and back up your DJI Fly data, after these steps please log out of the account and uninstall reinstall the said application and log in. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-13
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

JJB* Posted at 7-12 08:34
Hi,

Is there a beginner mode on the MA2?
2020-7-13
Use props
djiuser_wZcCOTuzkbTZ
New

United States

I'm having the exact same problem and DJI wants me to mail them my drone.....uh, no.  This is clearly an issue that can be solved without mailing in the drone.  I have set all the altitude and distance settings to max and have tried using quickshots from 6 feet all the way up to 100 feet and it says the same thing....max altitude reached.  How can this not be an easy fix?
2020-11-11
Use props
djiuser_MiMjSd3TCLnV
New

Sri Lanka

I’m also having the same issue on the DJI mini 2 which I purchased yesterday. Can fly it anywhere but cannot do any quick shots. Have uninstalled the application and resynced from the iPhone Xs, but still the same. Any suggestions?
2020-12-14
Use props
fans0001ecbb
lvl.1
Flight distance : 192041 ft
Australia

Has anyone come up with a solution yet. I did my first flight today and have the same problem
2021-2-26
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans0001ecbb Posted at 2-26 20:12
Has anyone come up with a solution yet. I did my first flight today and have the same problem

Hiya,

if you like, post your flightlog for this issue. Use > https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/

Mayby a log will explain why you have this 'error'

cheers
JJB
2021-2-27
Use props
djiuser_zPpOrjZEJcYd
New
Portugal

Hello.
I have the same priblem. Max distance reached. Quickshot does not work.

Give us a solution please

Miguel
2021-2-28
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

djiuser_zPpOrjZEJcYd Posted at 2-28 04:49
Hello.
I have the same priblem. Max distance reached. Quickshot does not work.

without a log.... see #11
2021-2-28
Use props
Glenn576
lvl.1
Flight distance : 45810 ft
Spain

I. Have recently purchased the MA2. Before this I have had the DJI Mavic 2 ori and the Mavic mini.  There is no beginning mode so the max flight distance should never come up assuming your max distance is set.  The only way I have found to get around it is the unlink the drone from the controller and then relink.  This always works for me.  Not happy that I have to do this is hopefully DJI will fix this bug with a firmware release
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_xdjLmyar2A80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 13602 ft
Serbia

Is someone find some solution to resolve this problem? This "max flight distance reached. adjust aircraft distance and try again" is destroying me.. Please help If you find something..
2021-5-23
Use props
djiuser_9H15wr9LdSFm
lvl.2
United States

Hello DJI fans! Can someone please answer this huge problem. I have been flying without problems and just recently started getting the max distance error.

PLEASE HELP!!!
2021-7-20
Use props
Yaros1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 19981112 ft
Spain

Log into your DJI account inside the DJI Fly app, then in the camera screen go to the three dots on the top right, under safety set max distance to maximum!
2021-8-24
Use props
PonyXpress
lvl.1
Flight distance : 968 ft

United States

thanks for posting the fix, will give that  try.  I too got  the error and QS not working.

I assume those who posted here are now working after setting everything to Max?
2021-12-11
Use props
DAYTONA392
lvl.4
Flight distance : 131942 ft
United States

If none of the other suggestions work, I saw in the comments posted by GAVINHR on YouTube, that for some reason the app shows you logged in but you're not. He has suggested to many that you need to log out of the app and then log back in. That seems to fix it according to comments on his YouTube videos. So give that a try see if it works.
2021-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules