7694 10 2020-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Healdie
lvl.1
Flight distance : 722 ft

United Kingdom

Hi,
My Spark has been unused for about 12 months, updated software and now wants me to calibrate IMU. Worked perfectly last time out, now the calibration fails on the first pass with a -50 fault message - any ideas?

Also says it is flying out of area, never had this message previously.
thumb_a0e05d0812fcdffa_1594494042000.jpg
Screenshot_20200712-155651.png
Screenshot_20200711-191959.png
2020-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Healdie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what happened before you received this error code? Did your DJI Spark had a hard landing or a crash before? In addition I will post al DJI Forum post on how to perform the DJI Spark IMU calibration.  Please keep us posted fro further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-13
Use props
Healdie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-13 00:26
Hello there Healdie. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. May we know what happened before you received this error code? Did your DJI Spark had a hard landing or a crash before? In addition I will post al DJI Forum post on how to perform the DJI Spark IMU calibration.  Please keep us posted fro further assistance. Thank you.
Thanks for reaching out.
There was no hard landing, it was me who was out of action with health problems, my Spark sat quietly in its case, but when I went to start flying again it called for IMU Calibration, but stalled on first pass.
I was then asked to update firmware of drone and RC, now updated, but still IMU won't calibrate and received the messages (above). I now have a drone that won't move - any help appreciated.
2020-7-13
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Healdie Posted at 7-13 01:18
Thanks for reaching out.
There was no hard landing, it was me who was out of action with health problems, my Spark sat quietly in its case, but when I went to start flying again it called for IMU Calibration, but stalled on first pass.
I was then asked to update firmware of drone and RC, now updated, but still IMU won't calibrate and received the messages (above). I now have a drone that won't move - any help appreciated.

Find and download DJI assistant v2 1.1.2.
Here you will find a video on how to configure it so that you can adjust the firmware parameters and more in detail.
On the left there is a tab "IMU Calibration" on this page there are IMU1, IMU2, and IMU3 labels. Since Spark has only 1 IMU, press the "Cali IMU1 advanced" button under IMU1. Wait until it flashes yellow and turns green at about 95%. Then turn it to one side, then to the other side after flashing green, nose down, nose up, then back (this is the same as normal IMU calibration)

It saved me from service once ...

2020-7-13
Use props
Healdie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 7-13 12:47
Find and download DJI assistant v2 1.1.2.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOUjg2CrBEc
Here you will find a video on how to configure it so that you can adjust the firmware parameters and more in detail.
On the left there is a tab "IMU Calibration" on this page there are IMU1, IMU2, and IMU3 labels. Since Spark has only 1 IMU, press the "Cali IMU1 advanced" button under IMU1. Wait until it flashes yellow and turns green at about 95%. Then turn it to one side, then to the other side after flashing green, nose down, nose up, then back (this is the same as normal IMU calibration) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pfcHyHFm8

Thanks for your help, I will give this a try.
2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Healdie Posted at 7-13 01:18
Thanks for reaching out.
There was no hard landing, it was me who was out of action with health problems, my Spark sat quietly in its case, but when I went to start flying again it called for IMU Calibration, but stalled on first pass.

Hi there Healdie. Thank you for the reply and for the information you have given us. Kindly please try to calibrate the IMU of the said drone following the tutorial video posted by Jakab Gipsz on post #4 to see if the issue will still persist. Kindly please keep us posted and again, I am very sorry for the trouble this has caused you.
2020-7-14
Use props
Healdie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-14 01:31
Hi there Healdie. Thank you for the reply and for the information you have given us. Kindly please try to calibrate the IMU of the said drone following the tutorial video posted by Jakab Gipsz on post #4 to see if the issue will still persist. Kindly please keep us posted and again, I am very sorry for the trouble this has caused you.

Thanks, will keep you informed.
2020-7-14
Use props
Healdie
lvl.1

United Kingdom

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 7-13 12:47
Find and download DJI assistant v2 1.1.2.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FOUjg2CrBEc
On the left there is a tab "IMU Calibration" on this page there are IMU1, IMU2, and IMU3 labels. Since Spark has only 1 IMU, press the "Cali IMU1 advanced" button under IMU1. Wait until it flashes yellow and turns green at about 95%. Then turn it to one side, then to the other side after flashing green, nose down, nose up, then back (this is the same as normal IMU calibration) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z_pfcHyHFm8

Can you find a working link to this version of DJI Assistant?
2020-7-14
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

Healdie Posted at 7-14 05:44
Can you find a working link to this version of DJI Assistant?

Link below the video in the description.
2020-7-14
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
lvl.4

Hungary

I miss from post #4 :
2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Healdie Posted at 7-14 02:02
Thanks, will keep you informed.

Hi there Healdie. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-7-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules