Mavic Air 2 Gimbal Overload
525 4 2020-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
phillipmcmahon
lvl.1
Flight distance : 111302 ft
Switzerland

Just wanted to get some advice before I make a warranty claim.

Received a new Mavic Air 2 - 2 weeks ago. Due to my own stupidity, I had to make use of the DJI Care program to get a replacement craft.

Got it 3 days ago and have taken it out this weekend to test it out. I get constant gimbal overload warnings, all videos I take have a 'wobble' and basically unusable.

I replaced all blades, just in case and still the same issue. Physically and visibly all looks fine.

All hints or tips to attempt first?

Could I have been sent a faulty replacement unit???
2020-7-12
Use props
小仙女的星巴克
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4657841 ft
  • >>>
United States

Did you received a new aircraft for the replacement? Yes you should have asked for a replacement instead of using your Care refresh.  Well nothing much you can do except contact dji again for replacement. I had the same issue and DJI replaced a new FMC for me. Its took 3 weeks for the turn around. Now I am happy with the MA2.
2020-7-12
Use props
phillipmcmahon
lvl.1
Switzerland

Well I destroyed my first MA2, hit a building with it in Sports mode so made good use of the DJI Care Program.

Seems that I have been sent a faulty replacement though... Fingers crossed they get it sorted ASAP.
2020-7-12
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, sorry to the replacement drone of DJI Care Refresh is not working as expected. Does it happen in all modes? If yes, could you please troubleshoot as below:
1) Please refresh the aircraft firmware to the latest firmware;
2) Please ensure the gimbal protector has been removed each time;
3) Please check when the aircraft is placed on the level ground, whether the gimbal is uneven or if the gimbal obstructed by anything.
4) Please ensure the arms of the aircraft are unfolded, the gimbal may be stuck by the propellers of the rear arm;
5) Please double-check whether the gimbal vibration-absorbing damper or the gimbal axis were damaged.
6) Did you attach a third-party filter? If yes, please remove it, Mavic Air 2's gimbal does not support the installation of third-party filter accessories.
7) Please calibrate the IMU and the gimbal in DJI Fly APP.
2020-7-12
Use props
phillipmcmahon
lvl.1
Switzerland

Hi there - thanks for the reply.

I have performed all those steps.

1) latest firmware confirmed
2) it is removed each time
3) there is no obvious visual obstruction to the gimbal - the overload message happens while flying
4) the craft is flying, the arms are fully extended
5) visually all looks fine
6) no filters, all standard
7) calibrated and all reporting normal

I get no warnings on the ground - only when flying and the video is unusable due to this.
2020-7-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules