Drone Woes: What happens when you're in a rush to get a clip...
1687 9 2015-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
llll
lvl.2

United States

Quick clip of a small, ahem, event I had recently. All is well that ends well.

2015-6-18
Use props
KittenSwagger
lvl.2

United States

Holy that music is....bad. lol
2015-6-18
Use props
llll
lvl.2

United States

KittenSwagger Posted at 2015-6-19 08:45
Holy that music is....bad. lol

Yeah, pretty horrid -- but it was available on Soundcloud as CC and certainly no worse than my flying.
2015-6-18
Use props
druiz100
lvl.2

United States

nice sound effect
2015-6-18
Use props
headkumquat
lvl.3
Flight distance : 16060 ft
Canada

Ouch! But it does give me an idea. Open a hedge trimming business using my P3 for people with really tall hedges. Maybe I can make back some of the money spent on buying "accessories".(Honestly, I couldn't fly without my "DJI dingle dice", or "remove from case before flying" tags.)
Thanks for sharing the vid!
2015-6-18
Use props
sdharris
lvl.3
Flight distance : 384967 ft
United Kingdom

Nice green and blues though!

I would consider swapping the blades on that side or at the very least check them carefully for damage.
2015-6-19
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

Aha! A man with his Phantom intact *and* a sense of humor.
Yesterday, during a test flight, my bird was across the street. As I made a pretty sharp turn, it dawned on me I was just about to run into some small branches. Fortunately, I missed them altogether and that wisp of Spanish moss didn't toss me out of the air.

Sometimes, when turning, stopping, backing up, etc., I discover that "driving" my Phantom is somewhat like driving on ice!
2015-6-19
Use props
msjh
lvl.3

United Kingdom

Prop guards, anyone?
2015-6-19
Use props
llll
lvl.2

United States

msjh Posted at 2015-6-19 20:11
Prop guards, anyone?

I used prop guards on my old Phantom 1 and they were about as useful as the proverbial tits on a bull. Didn't protect the thing when it really mattered, snapped off and got in the way of things... The lesson I'm learning (albeit the hard way) is really to fly cautiously -- as aburkefl says: it's like driving on ice, and you should plan accordingly, give yourself some margin and not try the stupid "I think I'll squeeze just fine between these two trees..." stunts.
2015-6-21
Use props
gil
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1379308 ft
United States

Hahahaha, loved the slow motion and added chainsaw sound effect.    Bet you felt a great sense of relief wash over you as realized you missed it by thaaaat much!

As my imaginary Zen master might say: "Ahh grasshopper, It is only a bad experience if you did not learn anything!"
2015-6-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules