How many hours until M2P needs servicing?
897 19 2020-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

How many hours until the motors need to be changed??
2020-7-12
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

You will lose it or crash it or get bored with it before any motors need changing.
2020-7-12
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Geebax Posted at 7-12 18:22
You will lose it or crash it or get bored with it before any motors need changing.

I fly at 120% gains instead of 100% as it's more flat and sharp.  Perhaps I should go 100%.
2020-7-12
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just don't oil the motors on the M2P.
2020-7-12
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Many years
2020-7-13
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1888996 ft
Finland

Actually that would be nice to get exact answer from Dji on that matter.. And every motor type.

Because you have to remember that there could be flyers out there who DONT change their drones every 2-4 years

Any one knows what is estimated hours? Dji surely knows that.

2020-7-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NordicFinn Posted at 7-13 01:23
Actually that would be nice to get exact answer from Dji on that matter.. And every motor type.

Because you have to remember that there could be flyers out there who DONT change their drones every 2-4 years

There is no definitive timescale as with any moving part. It will depend on how aggressively the drone is flown, how the drone is maintained and handled and obviously how many times it is flown. I've seen people fly Phantom 1's from 2013 with the same motors on them whilst I've also seen videos of drones crashing due to motor failure within the first year of ownership. Typically, they will last for years. The ESC's, props, batteries etc will likely need replacing well before the motors. The MA2 aircraft is shipped with a two-year warranty against manufacturer defects.
2020-7-13
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Finland

A J Posted at 7-13 01:29
There is no definitive timescale as with any moving part. It will depend on how aggressively the drone is flown, how the drone is maintained and handled and obviously how many times it is flown. I've seen people fly Phantom 1's from 2013 with the same motors on them whilst I've also seen videos of drones crashing due to motor failure within the first year of ownership. Typically, they will last for years. The ESC's, props, batteries etc will likely need replacing well before the motors. The MA2 aircraft is shipped with a two-year warranty against manufacturer defects.

I can bet my ass of that motor manufactures has a fact of motor run hour estimates

Can you tip me forward to video or something about that dji drones maintenance procedures?
2020-7-13
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NordicFinn Posted at 7-13 01:51
I can bet my ass of that motor manufactures has a fact of motor run hour estimates

Can you tip me forward to video or something about that dji drones maintenance procedures?

In sport mode? Normal mode? Tripod Mode? and in what temperatures and wind speeds? Pitch, throttle, yaw and roll percentages over what period? And yes - 'estimates' as you state - not definitive.

2020-7-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

You should replace the motors every time you change the mayonnaise in the gyroscope.
The rest of us can just enjoy flying for a long time.

2020-7-13
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

NordicFinn Posted at 7-13 01:23
Actually that would be nice to get exact answer from Dji on that matter.. And every motor type.

you have to remember that there could be flyers out there who DONT change their drones every 2-4 years

They are the people least likely to need to replace motors.

If you are concerned, do a little google searching for MTBF + brushless motors.
Here's one article to start you off.
https://drive.tech/en/stream-con ... brushless-dc-motors

2020-7-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. There is no specific time-frame when to get your DJI drones serviced. It will depend on the usage, how you store it and how you take care of the said DJI drones. In addition I will post a link where in you can see some DJI guides on drone maintenance checklist ( https://store.dji.com/guides/properly-maintain-drone/ ). Thank you and fly safe always.
2020-7-13
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Finland

A J Posted at 7-13 01:55
In sport mode? Normal mode? Tripod Mode? and in what temperatures and wind speeds? Pitch, throttle, yaw and roll percentages over what period? And yes - 'estimates' as you state - not definitive.

Yes, I know there's a lot of variables on this matter. But i guess users dont need to think of this. So maybe you can call lifetime estimates 'petlifetime' years
2020-7-13
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Finland

Labroides Posted at 7-13 02:43
you have to remember that there could be flyers out there who DONT change their drones every 2-4 years
They are the people least likely to need to replace motors.

Thanks man

And no, i am not concerned, but topic starter could think that.

2020-7-13
Use props
NordicFinn
lvl.2
Finland

Labroides Posted at 7-13 02:35
You should replace the motors every time you change the mayonnaise in the gyroscope.

Why people fcks off to the people who asks simple questions? Does these questions hurt feelings or what? And this is no any mean of offense.
2020-7-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I seem to recall that the folding arms will be the first to fail on the M2P,  they are rated for 5000 folds IIRC.
2020-7-14
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

NordicFinn Posted at 7-13 23:34
Yes, I know there's a lot of variables on this matter. But i guess users dont need to think of this. So maybe you can call lifetime estimates 'petlifetime' years

Exactly, the motors will outlive most of the other parts on the drone
2020-7-14
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

NordicFinn Posted at 7-13 23:39
Why people fcks off to the people who asks simple questions? Does these questions hurt feelings or what?  And this is no any mean of offense.

Why people fcks off to the people who asks simple questions? Does these questions hurt feelings or what?
The meaning of your post isn't clear.
But if you'd been here longer and knew the OP's record, you'd understand that my answer to him was entirely appropriate.
2020-7-14
Use props
TrevorSK
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1547713 ft
Canada

It's crazy but your main set of moving parts, the motors, will likley be the last thing you need to worry about.  The key is to keep the motors clean though. If debris ever enters them, it can cause grief, especially sand. Try to be very careful using your Mavic at the beach. Try to take off and land on surfaces free of loose dirt. A fold up drone landing pad or mat is a good investment if you're worrying about motor longevity.   
2020-7-16
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-13 02:35

{:4_125}
2020-7-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules