Mavic Air 2 in DJI Flight Simulator?
16733 33 2020-7-12
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fadly
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

As per title, is there a plan by DJI to include Mavic Air 2 in the DJI Flight Simulator?
2020-7-12
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there fadly. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Air 2 does not support the DJI Flight Simulator software. You may try using the simulator flight found in the DJI Assistant 2 software. All you need to do is to link the RC and the aircraft and connect the aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 via the USB cable, you will find simulator on the left side of the DJI Assistant 2. In addition kindly please visit our official website at ( www.dji.com ) for the latest news and updates for your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2020-7-13
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-13 20:53
Hello there fadly. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Air 2 does not support the DJI Flight Simulator software. You may try using the simulator flight found in the DJI Assistant 2 software. All you need to do is to link the RC and the aircraft and connect the aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 via the USB cable, you will find simulator on the left side of the DJI Assistant 2. In addition kindly please visit our official website at ( www.dji.com ) for the latest news and updates for your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Is there anything that the Mavic Air 2 is compatible with besides what it came with?  No Goggles, No Smart Controller, No Crystal Sky,  No Flight Simulator.  While I like my Mavic Air 2, it is pretty bad that virtually nothing from DJI is compatible with it.
2020-7-13
Use props
fadly
lvl.2
  • >>>
Malaysia

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-13 20:53
Hello there fadly. Thank you for reaching out and for the inquiry. As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Air 2 does not support the DJI Flight Simulator software. You may try using the simulator flight found in the DJI Assistant 2 software. All you need to do is to link the RC and the aircraft and connect the aircraft to DJI Assistant 2 via the USB cable, you will find simulator on the left side of the DJI Assistant 2. In addition kindly please visit our official website at ( www.dji.com ) for the latest news and updates for your DJI Mavic Air 2. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank you for your guidance.
2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

fadly Posted at 7-14 16:27
Thank you for your guidance.

Hi there fadly. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. we are all here to help and assist you.
2020-7-14
Use props
Mavic2Fi
New

Belgium

Is this a joke?
As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Air 2 does not support the DJI Flight Simulator software. You may try using the simulator flight found in the DJI Assistant 2 software.
Using the simulator flight in the Assistant 2 software is like going back to an early Atari computer!
It is a simple question: is the DJI Mavic Air 2 ever going to be supported by the DJI Flight Simulator software?
2020-9-23
Use props
Ziggy Malone
lvl.1
Flight distance : 22848 ft
United Kingdom

Hi - newbie here.  Just got a Mavic Air 2 and was interested to see DJI had a flight simulator software.  This is really really useful for a beginner, but I didn't understand the steps mentioned earlier to use Assistant 2...?

As the Air 2 has been out for a while now, is the simulator not going to work with it?  Can someone break down the Assistant 2 steps?  specifically - is it software I can put onto my mac and then use the controller to fly?  Not sure why the drone is needed at all in this - isn't it a case of just plugging a controller to the computer and letting the software emulate a drone...?
2020-10-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mavic2Fi Posted at 9-23 23:56
Is this a joke?
As of the moment, the DJI Mavic Air 2 does not support the DJI Flight Simulator software. You may try using the simulator flight found in the DJI Assistant 2 software.
Using the simulator flight in the Assistant 2 software is like going back to an early Atari computer!

"As of the moment" indicates that it may
2020-10-21
Use props
Steve MartinUSA
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3300653 ft
United States

I can confirm that the DJI Flight Simulator still doesn't work with Mavic Air 2, BUT I can select the Spark, Mavic Air, and others (not the Mini). The licensing is pretty confusing. Is the "Free Trial Version" free or is it a trial? Maybe it doesn't work with DJI Fly...

Adorama has paid versions of DJI Flight Simulator and the price is quite high:
  DJI Flight Simulator Software Seat License, Energy Version : $1,350.00
   DJI Flight Simulator Software, Energy Version : $7,500.00
   Flight Simulator Enterprise Version (Electronic Download) : call for price

https://www.adorama.com/l/?searc ... Condition_New-Items

Has anyone tried the simulator on DJI Assistant 2? Is it not worth using?

2020-12-10
Use props
Pajomota
lvl.4
Flight distance : 710197 ft
  • >>>
Portugal

Man, This Flight simulator compatibility is a joke. I can do it with my Xbox controller and not with my mini 2. Jesus!!!!
2020-12-20
Use props
fansfee8ef63
New

Estonia

Mavic air 2. Can explain me. Why there is no simulator compatibility???
2021-3-11
Use props
AIMLA
New
Canada

Been almost a year now. Can we finally get compatibility for the Mavic Air 2 ??
2021-3-12
Use props
vg1
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 2020-7-14 22:44
Hi there fadly. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other inquiries or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. we are all here to help and assist you.

I guess it's a joke, you don't answer many questions in this forum.
First with no answer in a long time: when will DJI drones have certificates in Europe?
2021-3-12
Use props
djiuser_v05WfDEAMX2l
New

India

Steve MartinUSA Posted at 2020-12-10 17:13
I can confirm that the DJI Flight Simulator still doesn't work with Mavic Air 2, BUT I can select the Spark, Mavic Air, and others (not the Mini). The licensing is pretty confusing. Is the "Free Trial Version" free or is it a trial? Maybe it doesn't work with DJI Fly...

Adorama has paid versions of DJI Flight Simulator and the price is quite high:

there is no simulater on dji assistant as far as my search on it goes.
2021-3-21
Use props
ashishngupta
New

India

Is there going to be any support for DJI Mavic air 2 and air2s controllers to work with DJI Simulators?
2021-4-16
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

Woobisah Posted at 2020-7-13 21:28
Is there anything that the Mavic Air 2 is compatible with besides what it came with?  No Goggles, No Smart Controller, No Crystal Sky,  No Flight Simulator.  While I like my Mavic Air 2, it is pretty bad that virtually nothing from DJI is compatible with it.

Pretty sure the Smart Controller is compatible with the MA2.  There is even an option to purchase the drone with the Smart Controller.  
2021-4-16
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

Ziggy Malone Posted at 2020-10-21 02:17
Hi - newbie here.  Just got a Mavic Air 2 and was interested to see DJI had a flight simulator software.  This is really really useful for a beginner, but I didn't understand the steps mentioned earlier to use Assistant 2...?

As the Air 2 has been out for a while now, is the simulator not going to work with it?  Can someone break down the Assistant 2 steps?  specifically - is it software I can put onto my mac and then use the controller to fly?  Not sure why the drone is needed at all in this - isn't it a case of just plugging a controller to the computer and letting the software emulate a drone...?

I've got a little Whoop style FPV Emax Tiny Hawk, and when used with sims I need the Drone plugged into the computer, and the controls come through the RF.  This is required since the cheap RF controller does not have an HID output mode via the USB.  However using the BetaFlight software I can put the drone in an HID over USB mode, and then when connected to the computer the drone still requires battery and power, but when passing the HID data it does not turn the propellers or anything, but it passes the control input to the computer from the RF linked controller for use in the SIM.  

I would assume the MA2 controller falls in to the same sort of situation. The USB on the controller may not pass the HID data and therefore can only get to the drone via the RF link.  That would explain the need for the drone hooked up to run a SIM.  
2021-4-16
Use props
fansd93d9275
New
United States

When are you guys planning to make the Flight simulator available for Mavic Air 2??? It makes no sense that it's the only drone that is NOT compatible. If I would of known this prior I would of bought another model that IS compatible with the simulator? Please advise.
2021-4-28
Use props
djiuser_C7GrSS16t1Ff
lvl.1
Flight distance : 12468324 ft
Australia

Still no compatibility for the Mavic Air 2... This is disgusting.
2021-6-3
Use props
Tirmizee
lvl.1

Pakistan

Is it Compatible now , or will it ever be. We think of DJI very highly for them to be ignoring such a request or not answering for so long.
2021-7-10
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 30364 ft
United Kingdom

I highly doubt there is in the near future
2021-7-11
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

fansd93d9275 Posted at 4-28 09:31
When are you guys planning to make the Flight simulator available for Mavic Air 2??? It makes no sense that it's the only drone that is NOT compatible. If I would of known this prior I would of bought another model that IS compatible with the simulator? Please advise.

They're probably too lazy to do it, or they have some other reason they don't want to tell us
2021-7-11
Use props
Alvara74
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Fly_Hazr_Air Posted at 4-16 06:14
Pretty sure the Smart Controller is compatible with the MA2.  There is even an option to purchase the drone with the Smart Controller.

Yeah, there is now
2021-7-11
Use props
Excalpino
lvl.1
Flight distance : 44449 ft

United Kingdom

Despite reading this thread I decided to try the simulator with my Mavic Air 2  - success!!!
The only hiccup I experienced was realising that I needed to use the correct take off procedure to get the simulated MA2 airborne, once up all controller functions operational - happy days :-)
2021-9-22
Use props
Bsabat
New

France

Excalpino Posted at 9-22 15:11
Despite reading this thread I decided to try the simulator with my Mavic Air 2  - success!!!
The only hiccup I experienced was realising that I needed to use the correct take off procedure to get the simulated MA2 airborne, once up all controller functions operational - happy days :-)

Could please explain how you did that ?
I tried myself today without success.
2021-12-16
Use props
djiuser_T4PaZYTtpyTY
New

Chile

Excalpino Posted at 2021-9-22 15:11
The only hiccup I experienced was realising that I needed to use the correct take off procedure to get the simulated MA2 airborne, once up all controller functions operational - happy days :-)

Please, could you explain how you did it?  I need to know how.  or if someone knows please explain.
2022-1-19
Use props
joost de laat
lvl.1
Flight distance : 62041 ft
Netherlands

I desparatly need the the possibility to connect the mavic air 2 controller with DJI Flight Simulator. Why is this not possible?
2022-1-25
Use props
MikeBark
lvl.1
Flight distance : 55036 ft
South Africa

Looking at the many posts on the DJI flight simulator where there is no compatibility to numerous drones is rather disconcerting. I recently purchased the Mavic Air 2S and could not wait to install the simulator and start building that all to familiar muscle memory. To my surprise and astonishment my Air 2S is not supported. The suggestion to use the simulator in the DJI Assistant 2 software is totally insane, this simulator is not at all useful and totally inadequate a truly preposterous suggestion. When will DJI start taking notice of the many consumer concerns and update the Flight simulator to include the many omitted models.      
2022-4-3
Use props
Airwolf076
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1354970 ft
United States

MikeBark Posted at 4-3 06:46
Looking at the many posts on the DJI flight simulator where there is no compatibility to numerous drones is rather disconcerting. I recently purchased the Mavic Air 2S and could not wait to install the simulator and start building that all to familiar muscle memory. To my surprise and astonishment my Air 2S is not supported. The suggestion to use the simulator in the DJI Assistant 2 software is totally insane, this simulator is not at all useful and totally inadequate a truly preposterous suggestion. When will DJI start taking notice of the many consumer concerns and update the Flight simulator to include the many omitted models.

I'm with you on that..... I'd love to be able to use my MA2 transmitter with the DJI flight sim.
However I currently use an Xbox one controller with the DJI Flight sim. You can use it alone, or use it paired with an application called "Joy2Key" which lets you program how which buttons on the controller do what. I personally set the left and right triggers to act as my camera gimbal controls....... this isn't nearly as nice as having the actual transmitter to use, but it does the job, a stick is a stick.
One glaring issue I do seem to have while using the sim with an Xbox controller is that the left stick seems to operate only digitally, so no smooth analog movements..... I really wish they would atleast fix this!
2022-4-3
Use props
fans5ae6388d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64856 ft

Sweden

What a bummer!

I just went to the sim after getting the USB-C cable to connect my PC and eager to to run, and incredibly, to my astonishment, it's not supported. Why not???

I have connected my RadioLink, my Taranis, my Multiplex and my FlySky air and ground transmitters to my PC in various ways, even through USB adapters with real recievers with servo outputs and ran them as game controllers or directly to various simulators. There are so many ways to do it.
And for some reason DJI manages to miss this open goal. Now regretting buying the Mavic Air 2, after the Phantom sold and test flying the Mini and Mini2 I wanted to move up a bit and after flying this I got it, much better air performance.

But I could not even imagine this. Come ON! If you cannot even support your own products in the simulator, at least let us use game controllers or our other transmitters.
2022-4-3
Use props
Airwolf076
lvl.2
United States

Come ON! If you cannot even support your own products in the simulator,  at least let us use game controllers or our other transmitters.

You can actually use game controllers, I can say that Xbox One controllers atleast do work, with a caveat or two as I described above.
If other controllers work, that you'd have to test for yourself, but atleast one does......... I was wondering actually if it might be worthwhile to buy maybe an older Mavic or Phantom transmitter by itself if you can find one cheap enough JUST to use with the sim.

2022-4-3
Use props
fans5ae6388d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64856 ft

Sweden

Airwolf076 Posted at 4-3 11:37
Come ON! If you cannot even support your own products in the simulator,  at least let us use game controllers or our other transmitters.

I saw your post - it’s a neat workaround at least, but translating proportional movement to keystrokes is not really enough. Brings memories of the late 80s games though ….

Other suggestions of Sims? I found several but the seem more oriented towards racing than photo.
2022-4-4
Use props
Airwolf076
lvl.2
United States

fans5ae6388d Posted at 4-4 03:40
I saw your post - it’s a neat workaround at least, but translating proportional movement to keystrokes is not really enough. Brings memories of the late 80s games though ….

Other suggestions of Sims? I found several but the seem more oriented towards racing than photo.

It doesn't seem to translate them, it has native support for the Xbox One controller, the right stick is fully analog, just for whatever reason the left stick in the DJI sim is digital. The reason I use Joy2Key is to bind additional keys, which for whatever reason cannot be done natively in the app when using game controllers.

DJI is the best camera drone sim i've managed to find as well..... there's always Realflight, it's an excellent sim in general and you get alot more than a drone simulator with that one, but afaik you cant get the screen view that you get with the DJI sim where you have your telemetry and everything on screen.
2022-4-4
Use props
SuhasDevmane
New
Flight distance : 11998 ft

United Kingdom

I thought DJI will soon add Mavic air2s Controllers to support Simulator. But its been so long and still no updates from DJI.
2023-6-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules