DJI batteries
1479 17 2015-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Tim D
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1590295 ft

United States

Ordered on 5-17 said pending up till today, now it says prepair.
What the hell is this, prepairing to ship or just change the wording to string me along.
I am in this for the long haul to see how long it takes my 2 batteries to ship.
I have 2 now to play with.
2015-6-18
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

That's sort of like the checks in the mail, and honest, it's only a cold sore.

By my battery experience last week, the pending to prepare meant that the battery was going to be shipped in a few days.

On my back pack, prepare is a bad joke.

Your results may vary.
2015-6-18
Use props
Arvy55
lvl.2

United States

i ordered 3 batteries from coptershop.com and tracking number is available 4 hours of payment. The batteries arrived here in Hawaii 3 days after via UPS Ground...
2015-6-18
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've never seen anything like the delays on sending these batteries.
It's really kind of tragic. They still have them for sale with 10-15 days, surely it should say out of stock since none can be had.
Most annoying they keep appearing in random dealers so looks like direct customers are bottom of the list even though they've had the money for weeks.

Since paypal refund window is fast approaching I'm tempted to claim a refund, if everyone did that I wonder what DJI's paypal standing would look like.
2015-6-19
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

4wd Posted at 2015-6-19 16:59
It's really kind of tragic. The ...

I ordered my P3P w2 extra batteries on May 1st.  I ordered from a company named Koazam via Amazon.  My credit card was charged the FULL amount.  Received the P3P but no extra batteries on may 19th.  The box contained a notice that DJI had not 'released' the batteries yet.

Here it is, June 19th, and I still have no extra batteries.  Emails back from Koazam say that DJI took orders but has not fulfilled them.
2015-6-19
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

4wd Posted at 2015-6-19 16:59
It's really kind of tragic. The ...

Initially ordered my Phantom 3 Pro from Amazon.
Amazon started futzing with delivery dates.
Found a dealer in-state and ordered from them.
Phantom arrived the next day - with a single battery.
Extra battery arrived about a week later.
Ordered (May 19) two extra batteries and 2 sets of props directly from DJU.
The following day my PayPal account was credited for the amount of purchase.
Two days ago (June 17) I initiated a dispute via PayPal.
The following day, received advice here and cancelled my order via onlinesales@dji.com
Yesterday got a "form email" from DJI that they were reviewing my request.
This morning got an email from PayPal that my dispute had been closed.
Logged into PayPal - my wallet is now fatter!
Logged into this forum and see I no longer have any orders.

Back to the dealer!

A good friend of mine years ago was a natural comedian. He "invented" this thing he called voodah-dej. I asked him just what the heck is voodah-dej. He grinned. "You're familiar with Deja Vu aren't you? You know, when you're doing something and you have this feeling you've done this before or you've been here before?" I said yes. He said "...well, voodah-dej is when you're doing something and it suddenly dawns on you that you ain't never done it before!"

One of those describes how I feel about my batteries. Oh, and my props. The Copter Shop delivered my props yesterday. Now I have 15 props - 1 set on the bird and 5 1/2 sets in reserve. When the world ends I'll still have some props - LOL!!
2015-6-19
Use props
4wd
lvl.4
Flight distance : 545817 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

They sold us the batteries, but have found it financially convenient to treat that payment as an interest free loan - by selling batteries (we should have been sent) again through a dealer.
What's more they are still doing it by continuing to have misleading information on the online store.
2015-6-19
Use props
spiderbot.sb
lvl.4
United States

4wd Posted at 2015-6-19 20:26
They sold us the batteries, but have found it financially convenient to treat that payment as an int ...

I'd like to add that since I purchased a 'bundle', I have no way of knowing what price I paid for the extra batteries but I assume it was less than the $149 retail price listed on the DJI site.  Being part of a bundle makes it difficult to cancel the batteries alone.  But even if I could, looking at the batteries listed on amazon, there is a 20% markup on the price.  One seller has a 33% markup.  So I'm either the victim of ineptitude or the victim of greed.

I actually got a live person on the tech chat line on DJI's site.  I asked him where the batteries were and his response was, "Oh, that.  We started shipping those this week."  This chat occurred two weeks ago.
2015-6-19
Use props
Lonestar
lvl.1

United States

I ordered my P3P bundle (extra battery) and an extra charger and extra set of props. I ordered an additional battery at the same time giving me a total of 3 on 5/27/15.
It was delivered on 6/5/15 with everything except the separate battery. The battery delivered today 6/19/15. I wasn't hurting for the 3rd battery so I wasn't nagging them but I was watching it's progress.
So, for me it took 21 days from the time of order for it's arrival.
2015-6-19
Use props
Tim D
lvl.2

United States

Oh my god, site says the batteries shipped! 4 weeks for two.
Thanks to all those who cancelled their orders to bump my up.
2015-6-19
Use props
Tim D
lvl.2

United States

Tim D Posted at 2015-6-20 04:24
Oh my god, site says the batteries shipped! 4 weeks for two.
Thanks to all those who cancelled thei ...

Well, I think I am banned from posting any new threads. Posted three times about high thrust props and none showed up,. Think DJI, Thinks this is China with all the internet control.
2015-6-20
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Flight distance : 336480 ft
Canada

Tim D Posted at 2015-6-21 07:58
Well, I think I am banned from posting any new threads. Posted three times about high thrust props ...

It is THEIR forum , and you have to follow THEIR rules ...  I'm ok with this ...
2015-6-20
Use props
Tim D
lvl.2

United States

Total Posted at 2015-6-21 08:52
It is THEIR forum , and you have to follow THEIR rules ...  I'm ok with this ...

Too bad, they can't take criticism. Guess I will stay on the Facebook site. More users anyway.
2015-6-21
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Canada

Tim D Posted at 2015-6-21 21:00
Too bad, they can't take criticism. Guess I will stay on the Facebook site. More users anyway.

Promise , j/k ..  
2015-6-21
Use props
Tim D
lvl.2

United States

You know what. DJI promised my batteries two weeks ago. I kept in contact and they strung me along saying "earlier they will ship. Well no U.S. Company would survive operating like that. I just expressed my dissatisfaction and they banned me from posting new threads. I get it. A new product has delays in shipping. But whenever I contacted them they just really had no idea. The company has a great product. The LA office needs to step it up!
2015-6-21
Use props
Total
Second Officer
Canada

Tim D Posted at 2015-6-22 09:23
You know what. DJI promised my batteries two weeks ago. I kept in contact and they strung me along ...

I did not buy my Phantom 3 Pro directly from DJI , I received it quick (one week after I ordered it ) , and the extra battery showed up 1 month later . Sometimes smaller dealers are easier to deal with since they are not overwhelmed . I think this is what is happening to DJI .  
2015-6-21
Use props
yvesvn
lvl.2
Flight distance : 840879 ft
Belgium

I am also waiting from beginning Mai for the EXTRA Battery which I directly paid to the dealer.
Till today I am still waiting to get that BATTERY.(22/6/2015)
I think as COMPENSATION DJI should propose me my THIRD BATTERY WITH NORMAL DELAY at that OLD Price
What is the reaction of DJI ? Silence ?
I am retaired Sales man this HAPPEND never such a long delivery time (prepaid goods !)
I lost my trust in DJI as Company
2015-6-22
Use props
Tim D
lvl.2

United States

yvesvn@gmail.co Posted at 2015-6-22 17:53
I am also waiting from beginning Mai for the EXTRA Battery which I directly paid to the dealer.
Till ...

Well, my 2 batteries have not shipped yet. Just the shipping label has been created. Since Friday.
2015-6-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules