Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
knowing what you know now- would you buy another Inspire 1
1234Next >
6799 123 2015-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

So I don't understand the issue..  I just said a million things that can be construed as terrible towards DJI and nothing was filtered... I would be sad if ...... MY INSPIRE 1 CRASHED AND KILLED SOMEONE.  I think the forum is just filtering posts from mobile devices.  Not negativity.  Note: the filter only comes up when users posts from their mobile devices (the icon next to their avatar)

Chris-  "I would never say that my inspire 1 should be recalled" Con
Someday if I say. Customer Service from DJI Sucks . I'll wonder if that gets filtered. For now.. I'm going to attribute it to a forum glitch.
Going to fly her now.
2015-6-21
Use props
Inspire1flyer
lvl.2

United States

I might have a bit of a different story. I bought my Inspire 1 new back in March. So I was able to go through al lot of the growing pains as bugs got worked out. I flew her only 3 times and became too afraid of crashing or fly away to fly anymore until firmware fixes were done and tested by braver ones than I. Impatient as I tend to be, I grew tired of having an expensive room ornament and too Leary to fly her, I decided to sell her. Which I did. I got a fair price, but still lost money. After only a few days without her, I missed her terribly. So I began to search for another one, used to replace her. I got lucky and found one for sale local to me. I sold mine for twenty eight hundred with two extra TB48 batteries. I was able to buy the second one for the same money with two extra TB47 batteries. So what I lost was the two upgraded batteries. My point is that I was happy to sell the one I had, thinking I was smart to get back most of my investment rather than risk losing her to a single crash or fly away. But instead realized no matter what, I'm a hooked Inspire 1 flyer. As luck would have it bought my second one on the very day the latest firmware was released. In fact we had to do the upgrade in order for the seller to be able to demo it for me. It's been rock solid and I have resolved to ....... just fly!  Just fly man and don't worry. Have fun and enjoy the hobby. That's what I've been doing and loving it more than I thought possible. I almost walked away for good. In fact I did walk away, but I can honestly say, for me that would've been a big mistake .  Just fly!
2015-6-21
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Chris Con Posted at 2015-6-22 06:33
So I don't understand the issue..  I just said a million things that can be construed as terrible to ...

Chris- I Love It! You are indeed a hoot!

I regret to say though, your hypothesis where mobile devices are the ones being filtered, is incorrect. I'm using an actual computer...running W7 Pro. I know, crazy, right? Who the heck uses computers like that any more? Ha!

It's apparently a glitch, of some kind. I don't take it personal but, the paranoid conspiracy theorist inside me, whispers otherwise. {:2_29:}

Thanks for posting, always a pleasure to read your work.

Respectfully,

-S.N.
2015-6-21
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Inspire1flyer Posted at 2015-6-22 07:55
I might have a bit of a different story. I bought my Inspire 1 new back in March. So I was able to g ...
2015-6-21
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Based upon experience with customer service, NEVER AGAIN. You spend your money the way you want, as it's your money. But, since you asked for opinions so, for what it's worth, I'll offer my nickels worth of advice. Here's a quick Q & A to hopefully help you find the answer that best fits your needs;

Q: Are you simply buying this 'toy' because of the cool factor/bragging rights?
A: If you smiled at the word 'toy' and 'cool factor', I would suggest you look somewhere else. Here's the reason, when, not if, it breaks or gets broken, you will be left with little more than serious buyers remorse. If you can truly justify putting out $4000 and it doesn’t put a slight kink in your neck when you think about the chance that it could be gone in seconds, go for it.

Q: In making your decision, how much target research did you do outside of the realm of the basic comments of this, or any other forum?
A: If you are like the majority of persons who have bought this machine, an honest answer will most likely be, that your decision is based more in the 'WANT' category and not the 'NEED' factor. That said, you are basing your purchase based on the hype and not the real version of the machine. If indeed, you are a professional videographer or photographer, you will weigh the pros and cons of this gizmo, if instead you are an aspiring person, just getting started- SAVE YOUR MONEY. There are many other options out there available right now for 1/3rd the cost. To purchase this with the hopes it will do all the work for you to help propel your becoming the next Spielberg, would be consistent with buying an Eric Clapton guitar with no musical knowledge or experience.

Q: Say you are purchasing for the speed, fine. Ask yourself, how many high end video or photo shots are you going to get at a high rate of speed?
A: In truth, not many.

Q: You think the 360 degree camera is awesome? How many times are you and your camera person (Yes, it takes two persons to really set up the cinema style shots) going to be using this feature?
A: In truth, not many. Watch the videos...even the follow me, full circle and way points (not available) utilize the bird facing the object, nose forward. If you are a truly coordinated team, you two may pull off a 360 shot within the first 10 shots of the same thing. Fancy landing gear and 360* cameras only add to the 'more things to go wrong' factor.

Q: Ask yourself this; How proficient are you and your skills navigating a machine this size, weight and speed capabilities without the aide of GPS, in other words, the "You're on your own" mode known as manual flying.
A: Hopefully, you've put in some serious hours flying within different environments, understanding the basics and keeping cool when the pooh-pooh hits the fan. If not, consider the fact that this is not a toy and could cause serious damage or harm if it gets away.

Q: In being a responsible pilot, are you willing to pay $1000 a year on average for liability insurance?
A: If you just asked, "Why would I need insurance?" Put your credit card back in your wallet and step away from the drone. Think of what could happen, should a flyaway occur.

Q: Considering how much the unit costs, how much time to do you seriously and realistically see yourself spending flying the unit?
A: On average, unless you simply have nothing else in the world to do, you will spend about 10, maybe 12 hours a month in flying. Honestly, I think that's more in the beginning, after a couple of months, the time will begin to dwindle. What this essentially means is that, in one years time @ 365 days, if it was flown for 1 hour each day, your average cost would run just at $14 for each flight, if you paid exactly $4000 for the unit, with two controllers and 3 extra batts and carry liability insurance.

I could go on, but really don't see the need. Your choice is your own. Choose wisely. Please, keep in mind, if you live in a populated area, do the right thing, get liability insurance As well, please don't put others in harms way by doing not so smart things. Please, follow the current FAA guidelines, so that those who are responsible do not have their privileges removed due to the "Because This Person Did That, You're All Grounded" law.

These comments and questions are not meant as mean or otherwise. Simply, they are based upon common variables and point of humble opinion and provided as means of helping ones thought process prior to making this type of purchase.

I wish you well and stress free flying,

-S.N.
2015-6-21
Use props
Monkeyking
lvl.2

China

The answer is no... But not for the reason you might think. I have hundreds of flights and numerous software upgrades all with ZERO issue. But for me the set up and breakdown of the Inspire, not to mention the overall size is what currently has me considering buying the Phantom 3. Most of my trips are motorcycle based and to take the inspire is a  conserded effort. While a Phantom series drone can be put into my aluminum top case in custom foam and be taken everywhere. Also the size comes in play during airplane travel,  which is frequent... I have been lucky getting the Inspire onboard as a carry on in the original case, so far. Yet overall fear of having to check it forced me into buying a Baggage handler resistant case and now I check it in, but having it slammed around while traveling always freaks me out...

I never use the dual pilot option and really to pan the cam on a phantom simply yaw the aircraft, nothing that complicated.... I hardly ever pan the camera on the Inspire... I do love the flight performance on the Inspire but rc heli's can be cheaper for flight performance....

2015-6-21
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Flight distance : 595538 ft
Australia

Hehehe.....now I really don't get it!  Both Sky Ninja and I get blocked for everything, and you got this little nugget through?
2015-6-22
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

Can't believe it!  My normal reply to you got blocked!  It's all just to hard when a forum like this gets controlled to this degree.
2015-6-22
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

Chris Con Posted at 2015-6-22 06:24
Just wondering if I can type the word negative now without the post being automatically blocked.

I experimented with this, and I can't quite figure it out,  but it does seem to execute on anything less than stellar commentary on the company in question.  Also, I think it does give each member a few 'chances', given what other members seems to be able to post.

It's all a bit confusing, concerning, and really makes me not want to participate!
2015-6-22
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2812 ft
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-6-22
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

Buggar Bones and Big Boobs.Huge Ones.All Out In public
2015-6-22
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

Tip: The post by the administrator or moderators shield
2015-6-22
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

What gives??
2015-6-22
Use props
Chris Con
lvl.4
Flight distance : 501175 ft
United States

This is a test of the emergency broadcast system
2015-6-22
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

strong><a href="space-uid-28380.html" target="_blank" class="xi2">Sky Ninja</a></strong>
Tahoe-ed  Shame on you.  
2015-6-22
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Based upon experience with customer service, NEVER AGAIN. You spend your money the way you want, as it's your money. But, since you asked for opinions so, for what it's worth, I'll offer my nickels worth of advice. Here's a quick Q & A to hopefully help you find the answer that best fits your needs;

Q: Are you simply buying this 'toy' because of the cool factor/bragging rights?
A: If you smiled at the word 'toy' and 'cool factor', I would suggest you look somewhere else. Here's the reason, when, not if, it breaks or gets broken, you will be left with little more than serious buyers remorse. If you can truly justify putting out $4000 and it doesn’t put a slight kink in your neck when you think about the chance that it could be gone in seconds, go for it.

Q: In making your decision, how much target research did you do outside of the realm of the basic comments of this, or any other forum?
A: If you are like the majority of persons who have bought this machine, an honest answer will most likely be, that your decision is based more in the 'WANT' category and not the 'NEED' factor. That said, you are basing your purchase based on the hype and not the real version of the machine. If indeed, you are a professional videographer or photographer, you will weigh the pros and cons of this gizmo, if instead you are an aspiring person, just getting started- SAVE YOUR MONEY. There are many other options out there available right now for 1/3rd the cost. To purchase this with the hopes it will do all the work for you to help propel your becoming the next Spielberg, would be consistent with buying an Eric Clapton guitar with no musical knowledge or experience.

Q: Say you are purchasing for the speed, fine. Ask yourself, how many high end video or photo shots are you going to get at a high rate of speed?
A: In truth, not many.

Q: You think the 360 degree camera is awesome? How many times are you and your camera person (Yes, it takes two persons to really set up the cinema style shots) going to be using this feature?
A: In truth, not many. Watch the videos...even the follow me, full circle and way points (not available) utilize the bird facing the object, nose forward. If you are a truly coordinated team, you two may pull off a 360 shot within the first 10 shots of the same thing. Fancy landing gear and 360* cameras only add to the 'more things to go wrong' factor.

Q: Ask yourself this; How proficient are you and your skills navigating a machine this size, weight and speed capabilities without the aide of GPS, in other words, the "You're on your own" mode known as manual flying.
A: Hopefully, you've put in some serious hours flying within different environments, understanding the basics and keeping cool when the pooh-pooh hits the fan. If not, consider the fact that this is not a toy and could cause serious damage or harm if it gets away.

Q: In being a responsible pilot, are you willing to pay $1000 a year on average for liability insurance?
A: If you just asked, "Why would I need insurance?" Put your credit card back in your wallet and step away from the drone. Think of what could happen, should a flyaway occur.

Q: Considering how much the unit costs, how much time to do you seriously and realistically see yourself spending flying the unit?
A: On average, unless you simply have nothing else in the world to do, you will spend about 10, maybe 12 hours a month in flying. Honestly, I think that's more in the beginning, after a couple of months, the time will begin to dwindle. What this essentially means is that, in one years time @ 365 days, if it was flown for 1 hour each day, your average cost would run just at $14 for each flight, if you paid exactly $4000 for the unit, with two controllers and 3 extra batts and carry liability insurance.

I could go on, but really don't see the need. Your choice is your own. Choose wisely. Please, keep in mind, if you live in a populated area, do the right thing, get liability insurance As well, please don't put others in harms way by doing not so smart things. Please, follow the current FAA guidelines, so that those who are responsible do not have their privileges removed due to the "Because This Person Did That, You're All Grounded" law.

These comments and questions are not meant as mean or otherwise. Simply, they are based upon common variables and point of humble opinion and provided as means of helping ones thought process prior to making this type of purchase.

I wish you well and stress free flying,

-S.N.
2015-6-22
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Overmind Posted at 2015-6-22 17:42
**** The posts are shielded ****

Graham- You ever click on the phone icon over your avatar? Just did and it seems that it leads to an Asian based cell phone add. ???

-S.N.
2015-6-25
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

Sky Ninja Posted at 2015-6-25 22:52
Graham- You ever click on the phone icon over your avatar? Just did and it seems that it leads to a ...

Bloody hell ...serious?  
2015-6-25
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

translated:

Anytime, anywhere, quickly access as long as the cell phone in hand, you can quickly and easily see posted post with Forum friends to send and receive short messages.
Extreme optimization, carefree  "Yue " forum to read unique interface and touch-screen design, cell phone forums into a cheerful, operate freely. Shoot, share both landscape pictures or news site, photographs posted at one go, allowing you to limelight at the Forum.
2015-6-25
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Overmind Posted at 2015-6-25 22:56
Bloody hell ...serious?

Dead serious buddy...some kind of identifier perhaps?

Me, I understand. You, I have no reason.

Maybe, guilt by association?

-S.N.
2015-6-25
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-6-26 01:00
translated:

Anytime, anywhere, quickly access as long as the cell phone in hand, you can quickly an ...

Ooooo...nice translation IA! Your GOOGLE TRANSLATE is awesome! Hahahaha!

Maybe, I'm just in line to win a free phone...that I pay with using forum money.

Thanks buddy!

-S.N.
2015-6-25
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

Sky Ninja Posted at 2015-6-26 01:55
Dead serious buddy...some kind of identifier perhaps?

Me, I understand. You, I have no reason.

Yea, I just don't understand.  Looks like they installed the free version of their filtering app.....hehehe....the one that then opens up in iPhone adds!  Lol...
2015-6-26
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Overmind Posted at 2015-6-26 20:38
Yea, I just don't understand.  Looks like they installed the free version of their filtering app.. ...

Perhaps with the new IOS app firmware update, the Android system will work better.
By the way, have you tried the PM thing? Mine works, then doesn't, works then doesn't...."Big Brother" is watching me...or, at least that's what one of "the voices" keeps yelling.

Before I edit this out- my email is

.............@...........     (This message will self edit in 20 secs)

Poof!!!!

-S.N.
2015-6-26
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

Sky Ninja Posted at 2015-6-26 20:45
Perhaps with the new IOS app firmware update, the Android system will work better.
By the way, ha ...

Cheers for the info...have recorded your email.
2015-6-26
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

By the way, ha ...

Cheers for the info...have recorded your email.

Yes...it's an intermittent experience for me too, mate...
2015-6-26
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

By the way, ha ...

Ok...that was interesting....I copied the message before posting it.  

First time...blocked.
Second time...not blocked!

Do, there's no logic to it neither.  It's just there to damage the forum.  Why DJI don't pay attention goes beyond me!
2015-6-26
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

Overmind Posted at 2015-6-26 20:57
Ok...that was interesting....I copied the message before posting it.  

First time...blocked.

Pay attention? Huh? ....I'm sorry......did you say something?
I agree, it makes no sense at all. The thread I tried to start, prior to posting to you yesterday, was just released. Whaaa...?

Cheers!

-S.N.
2015-6-26
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

Sky Ninja Posted at 2015-6-26 21:00
Pay attention? Huh? ....I'm sorry......did you say something?
I agree, it makes no sense at a ...

No wY...yes, it's sad that we're turning meaningful threads into spam this way.
2015-6-26
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

In Sky Ninjas situation it would be foolish of the moderator to censor or ban.
Not sure how Overmind fits into this theory.

When management of a large corp. wants to get rid of an employee (For what ever reason) he or she has to be patient and document thier actions to able to justify them later.
Me..I am too lazy for all of that. I find out what irritates the human in question and take every opportunity to irritate them away.Quiting at that time will be their idea to quit . No backlash . In my 20s I married a spiteful vindictive female . After a long unhappy marriage filled with lies , deceit ,infidelity , chaos , and general misery I decided that it was time for a change . Divorce .
I knew if I approached her with that notion she would crucify me . Financially speaking it did not bother me so much . My concern was having to look at her after the divorce . God forbid having to speak to her .
Unacceptable . Met her when she was 16 so I knew how to let her come up with the divorce . Took 3 months . I am 49 I have spoken to her twice only because I had to.

Off topic I know but you guys get the point .
2015-6-26
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

Michael Starley Posted at 2015-6-26 23:41
In Sky Ninjas situation it would be foolish of the moderator to censor or ban.
Not sure how Overmind ...

I suppose the same would apply to customer service.  If you want to get rid of a customer without telling them, you:

1.  tell them to contact online sales and give them canned unhelpful emails
2.  Tell them we received your return but have no idea when it will be processed
3.  Supervisor tells you a refund wasn't put through.  After 12 days,,,,may take another two weeks to process.
4. ignore your emails

That's probably what I'd do to ensure the customer goes away.   But I'd like my refund first.  Today marks 14 days since I returned my inspire.   
2015-6-26
Use props
Michael Starley
lvl.4
United States

Hahaha!!  Good stuff!

If only DJI were paid to run customers off.
Bill Gates would look poor by comparison.
2015-6-26
Use props
Sky Ninja
lvl.3

United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-6-27 00:32
I suppose the same would apply to customer service.  If you want to get rid of a customer without  ...

IA- I think I figured it out...

Take a look at "How NOT to get blocked..I think." It might shed light and prove some theories.

As to the refund thing, hang tight buddy. It's coming and as soon as it's done, you can join us within the ranks in 'Censorshiop Land'
By the way, I tried to respond to your PM but only about 1/10th of it made it. I'll shoot my email, if your interested.

-S.N.
2015-6-26
Use props
Mbarnidge
lvl.1

United States

Short answer, no I would not buy again. I have no faith in the AC.
2015-6-28
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-6-19 23:19
**** The posts are shielded ****

I noticed that all the times that you are blocked - there is a small iPhone image overlaid on your avatar are you posting via a phone which to DJI may cause them to block?
2015-6-28
Use props
CrabHawk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 7782 ft
  • >>>
United States

I own one Inspie1 (In the shop for warranty repair)  3 P2+v's,  one P3 pro, a Voyager 3 from walkera, and 7 or 8 small "Toy" flyers with a "Lily" on order (For next year) and a 3DR Solo (which should show up one day) and by far (At least without seeing the solo yet) I would definitely purchase an Inspire again HOWEVER if I had the OPTION to choose not updating the firmware I FOR SURE WOULD NOT UPDATE. ( IF the bird was flying great as mine did prior to the day I updated and BRICKED the bird)     
2015-6-28
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-6-29 09:28
I noticed that all the times that you are blocked - there is a small iPhone image overlaid on your ...

Nah...it happened to have nothing to do with that.  And, the filtering software seems to have been fixed.  
2015-6-29
Use props
InspirelessAggi
lvl.4

United States

CrabHawk Posted at 2015-6-29 09:36
HOWEVER if I had the OPTION to choose not updating the firmware I FOR SURE WOULD NOT UPDATE.

But you dont get that choice with an inspire.  If you don't update the firmware, it becomes inoperable.   That would be like my paying for my truck and not bringing it in for a technical service bulletin.   Truck no longer will run.   Nice huh?
2015-6-29
Use props
sultangris01
lvl.4

United States

InspirelessAggi Posted at 2015-6-22 02:58
well it does.  The inspire can go 55 MPH in atti mode.  whereas the phantom 3 can go about 35-38 m ...

my p2 vision plus goes 48 in atti mode, ive had my inspire going 55 in gps mode sometimes, and other times it only goes 30 ish as well, seems to randomly change its capable top speed in gps mode, dont quite get it.  buggy firmware perhaps.  Ive had the inspire going 84mph with a tail wind, pretty sweet, ha!  only went about 14 against the wind however.  Pro Tip for the day:  Fly into the wind first to ensure ability to return to landing zone with a speed boost, heh.  inspire handles wind pretty well, i did a photo shoot of a wedding in about 20-30mph winds and with the right angle it held position very well.  Had my doubts that I was going to be able to complete the job given the high winds but it impressed me.  It doesnt go as fast sideways so it cant hold position against 30mph wind straight at the side, but give it a little front or rearward angle into it and it performs quite well.  Overall due to all the issues and problems not super impressed with it.  Many things could be greatly improved, newest released firmware looks somewhat promising but i havnt checked it out yet, im still running quite old firmware and app versions to avoid the sudden battery percent drop from 100-0 resulting in crashing and signal loss issues that have plagued many people in past updates.  Release notes for newest firmware look pretty good, if they can deliver without creating new bugs like they usually do.  Interested to learn more about the ability to revert to older firmware, I hope they let you pick whatever version you want but they probably dont, going to try and find more info on this subject.
2015-8-5
Use props
Kristoph
lvl.1

United States

GrahamJ Posted at 2015-6-19 23:19
At least I got a ton of points for all my attempts at posting my actual response!  YES!

What do the points get you?
2015-8-5
Use props
Overmind
lvl.4
Australia

Kristoph Posted at 2015-8-6 12:46
What do the points get you?

...I stomach ulcer...
2015-8-16
Use props