Range Issues - PHANTOM 3 SE
2003 32 2020-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Dr.dem
lvl.1

Spain

Hi everybody,

I have recently bought a second handed phantom 3, and I updated it to the last version (I cant remember which one right now), I tested it in a forest, and the result was not good enough, it flies well, but the range is really bad (around 250 meters, after that It loses signal) I bought a big antenna, to increse the range thinking that was the problem, but I tried this last week and it was a fail again... Somebody knows what is going wrong?

Thank you in advance!
2020-7-13
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 3462946 ft
  • >>>
Spain

the short range of your device is due to the fact that you fly in CE (eUROPA)

el escaso alcanze de tu aparato se debe a que vuelas en CE ( eUROPA)

2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

You need a version of Dji go in FCC mode, the difference is brutal, I reach 5 kms in open field until I lose signal

Necesitas una version de Dji go  en modo FCC , la diferencia es brutal , yo alcanzo 5 kms en campo abierto hasta perder señal

La solucion es sencilla, no dudes en preguntarme si necesitas mas guia ....

2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Welcome to the Forum Dr.dem
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Otro largo vuelo sobre las nubes , entre la niebla , 5 kilometros ida y 5 kilometros vuelta

2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Something may be causing the interference in the location. Kindly please try flying the drone in a different location with less interference like radio tower, power lines and metal structures. In addition, I have posted an official DJI video tutorial for the best practices when flying the drone. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-7-14
Use props
Dr.dem
lvl.1

Spain

JetSam Posted at 7-14 00:08
You need a version of Dji go in FCC mode, the difference is brutal, I reach 5 kms in open field until I lose signal

Necesitas una version de Dji go  en modo FCC , la diferencia es brutal , yo alcanzo 5 kms en campo abierto hasta perder señal

Hi jetsam, thank very much you for those tips, how could I install fcc dji go version? Where could I find it.

Thx you a lot buddy!
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

DJI Paladin aiming correctly dont solve the problem mate  , you know Phantom 3 SE got a very short distance running in CE MODE , only solution is run IN FCC , gREETINGS !
2020-7-14
Use props
Dr.dem
lvl.1

Spain

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-14 00:17
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Something may be causing the interference in the location. Kindly please try flying the drone in a different location with less interference like radio tower, power lines and metal structures. In addition, I have posted an official DJI video tutorial for the best practices when flying the drone. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P7M9JtfVwQE&t=45s

Hi dji paladin, I'm completely sure about i have no interferences there, this location is a field completely bald actually there is no antenna or electrics wires, we flied a xiaomi fimi, and this drone gave us around 2km of range, but this phantom couldn't reach 280 meters, I don't know if it was due to the fact that the ce mode but in europe it is not 300meter the legal distance to flight is over 500 meters.
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

The P3SE's, depends on where did you buy it from, can have 2 factory settings, the FCC and the CE by default. The range of this bird in CE mode is around 5-600m (not urban area obviously). FCC mode takes you 4-5 km away, depends on ....  My Videos are proof of i am talking about ,I would never have reached those distances flying in CE mode (eUROPA)
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

2020-7-14
Use props
Dr.dem
lvl.1

Spain

How could I change CE mode into fcc mode? I can't find it on the dji go app menu....
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dr.dem Posted at 7-14 00:50
How could I change CE mode into fcc mode? I can't find it on the dji go app menu....

YOU CANT ... iT IS A FCC MODE mate
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Cuando estes en FCC veras en la wifi de la aplicacion que en el canal de 2,4 Ghz TENDRAS 11 CANALES EN VEZ DE 13 QUE tenias modo CE

2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

11 CANALES en la banda de 2,4 Ghz significara que estas en modo FCC ( Maxima Potencia como en Usa)
13 canales signigicara que estas en Modo CE eUROPA ( eXtemadamente baja potencia)
aunque este aparato funciona a 5Ghz , yo jamas he podido cambiar a 2,4 Ghz
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dr.dem Posted at 7-14 00:50
How could I change CE mode into fcc mode? I can't find it on the dji go app menu....

Beberias desisntalar el mod, e instalar la version Normal de Dji go de nuevo para estar en CE ( 13 CANALES EN 2,4 gHZ )
2020-7-14
Use props
Dr.dem
lvl.1

Spain

... Well if I can't change to this mode then I have a nice paperweight.... Luckly I bought it used and it didn't cost me too much... But what a ..... Well I'll try to buy a xiaomi, it looks pretty better than this phantom.

Thank you buddy, I am totally disappointed but at least I have solved this issue.

2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dr.dem Posted at 7-14 01:00
... Well if I can't change to this mode then I have a nice paperweight.... Luckly I bought it used and it didn't cost me too much... But what a ..... Well I'll try to buy a xiaomi, it looks pretty better than this phantom.

Thank you buddy, I am totally disappointed but at least I have solved this issue.

This device has always had European users crazy with this matter ...
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Phantom 3 se is a awesome machine , but in FCC MODE
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dr.dem Posted at 7-14 01:00

You should uninstall the mod, and install the Normal version of Dji go again to be in CE (13 CHANNELS IN 2.4 gHZ)
2020-7-14
Use props
Dr.dem
lvl.1

Spain

For sure... But if I can't change to this mode, it is just a chicken.... , actually I have chickens with more flying range...
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dr.dem Posted at 7-14 01:06
For sure... But if I can't change to this mode, it is just a chicken.... , actually I have chickens with more flying range...

LOL
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

I USE THIS MOD FROM 2017 , i really love this mod , I was about to throw my phantom 3 SE  down the gorge ... I GIVE thanks to CREATOR of this nice solution
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dr.dem Posted at 7-14 01:06

I have not used the original version again ... I had great distance problems, constant loss of signal at a short distance ... it was crazy to fly like this ...
2020-7-14
Use props
Dr.dem
lvl.1

Spain

What mod? Still have some hope to don't put it into the wardrobe and forget it.
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dr.dem Posted at 7-14 01:13
What mod? Still have some hope to don't put it into the wardrobe and forget it.

FCC MOD  to get 4-5 kMs distance
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

it's in the first video that I put
2020-7-14
Use props
Dr.dem
lvl.1

Spain

Where could I get this mod???
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

the mod change from CE TO FCC , SIMPLY

the short range of your device is due to the fact that you fly in CE (eUROPA)

el escaso alcanze de tu aparato se debe a que vuelas en CE ( eUROPA)
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dr.dem Posted at 7-14 01:17
Where could I get this mod???

Phantom 3 SE - Distance Test 2019in the video description

2020-7-14
Use props
Dr.dem
lvl.1

Spain

All right now, I'll try to get and test this program, we will see, what could go wrong... Now I can't fly this if I broke the drone this won't be a great loss...

Thank you dude you have helped a lot!
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dr.dem Posted at 7-14 01:24
All right now, I'll try to get and test this program, we will see, what could go wrong... Now I can't fly this if I broke the drone this won't be a great loss...

Thank you dude you have helped a lot!

you r welcome !!
2020-7-14
Use props
JetSam
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Spain

Dirty Bird Posted at 7-14 18:33
Excellent flight there.

Thanks Captain !