Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
OSMO Action water damage
4161 3 2020-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mackcrossgmail.com
lvl.2

Jamaica

Hello, I took my osmo action to the river here in jamaica on sunday and we barely got into any depth of water when a red light came ont he camera and then it went off and would not turn on upon checking water seems to have gotten in the camera which is strangwe because al the doors we proerply closed. I know have i it in a bag of rice hoping that it will dry out and turn on. Has anyone had any luck of it drying out and coming back to life. also wasnt this camera suppose to be waterproof? like this is crazy that it can get water in it so easily. What are the steps for me to take to get a replacement if it wont come back to life?

I regret not going witht the gopro or the insta360 but the deal that they had going on with tthe extra batteries got me and also i have the dji osmo pocket and mavic air 2 and figure id keep my products brand consistent but man i never expected this

2020-7-13
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Mackcrossgmail.com.  I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Osmo Action. This is not the experience that we want you to have with DJI. Since this unfortunate incident happened. It would be best to contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution/fix would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for your understanding.
2020-7-14
Use props
LT7
lvl.1
Taiwan

Same experience as you and a lot of others, camera failed in water with the battery compartment and the lense sealed. You have the benefit of it failing in fresh water, lets hope that rice bag saves you because Osmo support sure wont. I contacted them 4 weeks outside my 1 year warranty and I just got my quote back from the repair center and it's $225 to repair it. It's $250 to buy a brand new one with a 1 year warranty on amazon. Good luck to you, leave it in that rice bag longer than you think.
2020-7-18
Use props
Mackcrossgmail.com
lvl.2

Jamaica

LT7 Posted at 7-18 22:58
Same experience as you and a lot of others, camera failed in water with the battery compartment and the lense sealed. You have the benefit of it failing in fresh water, lets hope that rice bag saves you because Osmo support sure wont. I contacted them 4 weeks outside my 1 year warranty and I just got my quote back from the repair center and it's $225 to repair it. It's $250 to buy a brand new one with a 1 year warranty on amazon. Good luck to you, leave it in that rice bag longer than you think.

good news placing it in rice helped and its now on and working now, so now i know its not waterproof ill have to get a waterproof case for it
2020-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules