Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Mavic 2 Pro Battery Failure
2421 11 2020-7-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Mike_Tas
lvl.1
Flight distance : 83360 ft
Australia

Mavic 2 Pro and Fly More KIt purchased March 30 2020

Battery failure
Aircraft was last flown 24 hours ago then left on my desk with battery in place and at 60% charge.
The aircraft was sitting on my desk when the start up tone sounded and the leg LEDs lit up. The controller was turned off and stored out of reach. No lights showing on the battery and it couldn't be turned off. I removed the battery and and replaced it in the aircraft and the aircraft started again. No lights show when the button is pressed, The firmware was successfully updated before yesterday's flight in all 3 batteries, the other two batteries are ok. The battery was fully charged immediately before the last flight and has had 10 cycles. All the batteries are stored at 50%-60% charge.
2020-7-13
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi Mike_Tas,

sorry to hear about your trouble. Could you kindly tell us whether you ever had an accident with your drone that could have caused water or shock damage or even damage caused by an electric shock? Furthermore, can you confirm that you maintain your battery properly as this guide (https://store.dji.com/guides/battery-care-important-think/) shows?
2020-7-14
Use props
Mike_Tas
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 7-14 00:32
Hi Mike_Tas,

sorry to hear about your trouble. Could you kindly tell us whether you ever had an accident with your drone that could have caused water or shock damage or even damage caused by an electric shock? Furthermore, can you confirm that you maintain your battery properly as this guide (https://store.dji.com/guides/battery-care-important-think/) shows?

Thanks for the quick response Thor.

The drone has never been in any accident or incident, never been flown in the rain or been near water. The batteries have never been wet.

All 3 batteries are used in rotation and are always stored at 50% - 60% charge with one battery charged to 100% immediately before flights. All batteries have done about 10 cycles.

Daytime environmental temperature range here is 10C - 30C, but having only owned the drone since April (Autumn and Winter) daytime temperature range has been 12C - 20C.

So I think the batteries have been maintained in compliance with the guide.
It was about 24 hours after the last flight that the battery unexpectedly turned on. It's still on and if placed in the drone immediately powers it up.

2020-7-14
Use props
Mike_Tas
lvl.1
Australia

Anybody there?
2020-7-16
Use props
MacDyver_
New
Flight distance : 13589 ft
Netherlands

I have a similar issue to yours. I bought a fly more kit for my mavic 2, just 2 weeks ago, and charged both batteries.

One battery was fine, but the other, as soon as I put it on the drone, it switches on without me pressing the power button. And I can't switch it off. I have to remove it from the aircraft. What's even stranger, is that, when I press the power button, the connection to the RC is lost, and it shows connecting. However the drone is still powered on.

I updated the firmware, but the problem persists.
2020-7-17
Use props
Mike_Tas
lvl.1
Australia

It's been over a week since I provided the requested information. Will someone please respond.
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Mike_Tas Posted at 7-21 14:39
It's been over a week since I provided the requested information. Will someone please respond.

Hi Mike_Tas, sorry for the late reply. If your battery is still under warranty we could provide you a new one. If not, I feel sorry to say that a replacement can not be offered and it is recommended to not use this battery to avoid causing damage to your drone.
2020-7-22
Use props
Mike_Tas
lvl.1
Australia

Thank you DJI Thor, I've created a case number, but the online instructions are to return the battery when the mailing label is received. If I can't use the battery how do I discharge it so that I can mail it to the service centre?
2020-7-22
Use props
Mike_Tas
lvl.1
Australia

DJI Thor Posted at 7-22 06:03
Hi Mike_Tas, sorry for the late reply. If your battery is still under warranty we could provide you a new one. If not, I feel sorry say that a replacement can not be offered and it is recommended to not use this battery to avoid causing damage to your drone.

I have now received a shipping label, but the battery is now slightly swollen on the base. Is it still safe to send by mail? The FAQ says that swollen batteries will not be inspected and immediately discarded by the service centre. What should I do?
2020-7-23
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator

Hi Mike_Tas,
Yes, for safety reasons damaged batteries should not be included in any delivery. Please take pictures of your damaged battery that shows the damage and its SN and contact our customer support via https://www.dji.com/support for further assistance.
2020-7-24
Use props
JJMik
lvl.4
Flight distance : 24572349 ft
  • >>>
United States

I just had this happen but on a battery that is just over a year old..  I charged you all batteries and noticed one didn’t charge .. put it in the drone and it’s automatically on ..  I could turn it off but every time I put it in the drone is on..  says 19% and all cells read the same.. since I don’t want to even bother with dji I’m trying to run the battery down to nothing and recharge ..  deep cycle.  Using it to charge my phone.
2021-9-25
Use props
DJI Susan
Administrator

JJMik Posted at 9-25 10:20
I just had this happen but on a battery that is just over a year old..  I charged you all batteries and noticed one didn’t charge .. put it in the drone and it’s automatically on ..  I could turn it off but every time I put it in the drone is on..  says 19% and all cells read the same.. since I don’t want to even bother with dji I’m trying to run the battery down to nothing and recharge ..  deep cycle.  Using it to charge my phone.

Sorry to read about the issue, would you mind providing a video of the issue for further confirmation? Please try to fully discharge the battery and charge it again to see if it can be charged normally. Please keep us updated.
2021-9-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules