Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Small stress cracks below battery box - Inspire 2
1525 27 2020-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Paul Joy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3754318 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I've just completed my regular maintenance checks on my Inspire 2 and noticed that there are stress cracks in the plastic both sides below the battery box. These seem to correlate to the two rear screws in the baseplate which upon ckecking are also impossible to tighten so I can only assume that the plastic has broken where the screws thread in.

My inspire has never had a hard landing or been badly treated in any way so maybe something to check on your own Inspires. I considered a temporary fix by glueing the plastic parts together for an upcoming job however the bolts will still not tighten so this will need to be fixed at DJI.

Stress Cracks

Stress Cracks
2020-7-14
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just as an update, I have decided to not fly this Inspire until this is corrected and arranged a repair with DJI. I will keep you updated as to the progress and costs. It's a bit gutting as I look after my gear well and this just seems to be the result of normal use but it's better to be safe than sorry.
2020-7-14
Use props
Matthew Dobrski
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1831050 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Certainly somebody at assembly line was careless, over tightening these screws. Not much to worry about since these aren't carrying a lot of the load, but still ...
2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Paul Joy. I am sorry to read and to know the issues that you are having with your DJI Inspire 2. Since there are stress cracks on the said drone the best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to check the drone and for us to assist help you with this issue. It is not recommended to fly the said drone if these are stress crack on it. This cracks might affect the performance of the said drone while on flight and may lead to an unwanted incident. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your support.
2020-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 95125112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Could that have been caused any just inserting the battery slightly wonky?
2020-7-14
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-14 20:06
Hello there Paul Joy. I am sorry to read and to know the issues that you are having with your DJI Inspire 2. Since there are stress cracks on the said drone the best thing you need to do is to contact DJI Support at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for us to be able to check the drone and for us to assist help you with this issue. It is not recommended to fly the said drone if these are stress crack on it. This cracks might affect the performance of the said drone while on flight and may lead to an unwanted incident. Just a friendly reminder that  DJI do not recommend doing a DIY in fixing the said DJI drone to avoid further damaging the said unit. We hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank for your support.

Hi Stephen. I have already arranged a repair and can supply a case number if required. I'm currently awaiting labels.
2020-7-15
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 7-14 23:55
Could that have been caused any just inserting the battery slightly wonky?

I dont think it's possible to insert a battery wonky, it's not something I have ever struggled with anyway.
2020-7-15
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
Flight distance : 39537 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

I notice that you own an older and a newer (old imu and new L imu) model inspire 2. If its your newer model that needs sending in. It is very likely that they replace it with the older imu version.
I'm still waiting (4 months already) for DJI NL to repair my broken (new imu) inspire 2 L.
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Paul Joy Posted at 7-15 00:57
Hi Stephen. I have already arranged a repair and can supply a case number if required. I'm currently awaiting labels.

Hi there Paul Joy. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have give. It is good to know that you have already contacted DJI support with regards to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI support team will do there best to to fix and give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you and please stay safe always.
2020-7-16
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

PH3KS Posted at 7-15 04:17
I notice that you own an older and a newer (old imu and new L imu) model inspire 2. If its your newer model that needs sending in. It is very likely that they replace it with the older imu version.
I'm still waiting (4 months already) for DJI NL to repair my broken (new imu) inspire 2 L.

I only own one so I'm not sure about that, mine was built in 2018. I really hope there are no delays with mine as I have just spent £80 on shipping to get it to the Netherlands as fast as possible as I have jobs booked in for 14 days time. I did contact the drone doctor in the UK for the repair but they are estimating a two week turnaround and said it would likely be faster to send it to the Netherlands. Fingers crossed this is fast and not expensive as after the coronavirus lockdown I cannot afford to be without it for too long or pay a huge bill for something that has happened due to no fault of my own.
2020-7-16
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-16 00:19
Hi there Paul Joy. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have give. It is good to know that you have already contacted DJI support with regards to this matter. Rest assured that our DJI support team will do there best to to fix and give out the best resolution for this issue. Thank you and please stay safe always.

Thank you Stephen. I must admit to feeling very nervous as this Inspire was a big investment for me and forms a major part of my business so it makes me feel vulnerable when people say that DJI did not look after them! Hoping for a good outcome here... gulp!
2020-7-16
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Paul Joy Posted at 7-16 04:00
I only own one so I'm not sure about that, mine was built in 2018. I really hope there are no delays with mine as I have just spent £80 on shipping to get it to the Netherlands as fast as possible as I have jobs booked in for 14 days time. I did contact the drone doctor in the UK for the repair but they are estimating a two week turnaround and said it would likely be faster to send it to the Netherlands. Fingers crossed this is fast and not expensive as after the coronavirus lockdown I cannot afford to be without it for too long or pay a huge bill for something that has happened due to no fault of my own.

From your signature it looked that you own more then one. L IMU version is on the 400fw and older model on 300.
Lets hope NL is faster then my return time. But i do not accept the 300fw (older IMU) inspire 2 as replacement, if i send in a newer model.

2020-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Paul Joy Posted at 7-16 04:30
Thank you Stephen. I must admit to feeling very nervous as this Inspire was a big investment for me and forms a major part of my business so it makes me feel vulnerable when people say that DJI did not look after them! Hoping for a good outcome here... gulp!

Hi there Paul Joy. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.
2020-7-16
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-16 22:36
Hi there Paul Joy. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other concerns or inquiry with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you.

Hi there Stephen. So I sent my Inspire to the address in the Netherlands via UPS and it was delivered on Monday morning at 10am. As yet I have heard nothing and looking on the DJI support page it says that DJI are still awaiting delivery. Can you tell me if this is normal?

Many thanks.
2020-7-23
Use props
Coyut
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2559222 ft
  • >>>
Switzerland

Its a normal status.
DJI will change it as soon as someone opens the package and prepairs it for the repair line.
I have no idea how long the current waiting list is. Normaly a I2 gets fixed within a few days once it reaches the Dutch or German service center. But due of Corona this might be la lot onger.
Also depends on the availability of needed parts. Which could be thight due of the current situation.

The battery holder is a part that will be needed to be fixed on any I2 sooner or later as there is a design flaw. At some point the internal spring parts will slip or break and will not hold the battery in place anymore.
Seen it a few times and also already had to get one of our I2s to be fixed due of a problem with that part.
2020-7-23
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Still no word from DJI on this. Now when I put my case number in to the website it says this case number no longer exists.... not very reassuring I have to say! I don't expect it to be fixed immediately but a simple "don't worry we have it and we will look at it soon" would be nice.  
2020-7-25
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hope you get it sorted soon
2020-7-26
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-16 22:36

Hi Stephen. My Inspire has now been with the repair facility in the Netherlands for over a week and I haven't heard anything. I've tried email but again no response. Is there anything you can do to get a progress report for me?

Thanks
2020-7-27
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just as an update, my Inspire 2 has now been with the DJI repair centre in the Netherlands for 14 days and still I haven't heard anything from them, not even confirmation that it's been delivered other than proof from UPS.

After four months of lockdown I'm now having to cancel work because of this which is really frustrating as I don't have a clue whats happening
2020-8-3
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So I finally got a quote to have the battery box replaced, well at least to have the battery box replaced along with most of the rest of the Inspire that doesn't need replacing!!!

Apparently it suddenly needs all of these extra parts which I know for a fact it doesn't. What can I do, is there anybody to reach out to to ask why it has suddenly requires all these parts? I didn't crash my drone, the rest of it is just fine and I have loads of photos that I took as I packed it to prove that. I just want the battery box replaced!

Motor CW
Quantity: 2
Net Price : 37.19
Total Net: 74.38

Landing Gear Module
Quantity: 4
Net Price : 4.96
Total Net: 19.84

Battery Compartment Module
Quantity: 1
Net Price : 52.07
Total Net: 52.07

Middle Frame Module(Screw Mandrel Included)
Net Price : 154.55
Total Net: 154.55

Upper Shell Module
Net Price : 18.18
Total Net: 18.18

Nose Cover (Magnesium Alloy)
Net Price : 4.96
Total Net: 4.96

1550T Quick-release Propeller CW Retaining Ring
Net Price : 1.65
Total Net: 3.30

Repair Service Fee
Net Price : 50.00
Total Net: 100.00

2020-8-5
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Day 26 Update:

So I decided to pay for all the repairs even though most of them were not related to my request for work. I decided to do this to expedite the return of the drone so that I could get back to work. I paid the fee on the 6th of August and have heard nothing since.

This service from DJI is terrible, the website states that repairs will be carried out within 5 - 7 days of them receiving the product but that is simply not true and very misleading. I have lost a valued client due to DJI's shambles of a repair service today and this is purely due to the lies and misinformation that DJI tell customers. Even if they were honest and said there is a 3 - 4 week delay I could have handled it but the total lies on the website and lack of information from DJI Netherlands has made managing clients impossible.

I still have no idea when my drone will be repaired and returned and can only advise fellow operators not to trust the European DJI repair centre in the Netherlands.
2020-8-14
Use props
Paul Joy
lvl.4
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Terrible service from DJI Repair - Europe

If you're considering using the DJI repair centre in the Netherlands please read this_thread which outlines the awful service I have recieved from them. My inspire 2 developed some stress cracks in the battery box due to no fault of my own I thought I would send it in for repair.
2 weeks after the drone was deliverred to the repair facility in the Netherlands I had heard nothing. Then after some complaining emails it was escalated and I eventually recieved the bill which included the replacement of many non required parts. Even if a part was scratched it needed replacing!

I paid the near £400 on the 6th August anyway as I was keen to get it back, I have heard nothing since.

The DJI repair website says it takes 5 - 7 days for repairs and that they inform you of every step of the process. That is an utter lie, do not believe that!

Sorry to have to rant about this but I wish I had seen a post like this before I made the mistake of trusting DJI with this repair of my Inspire 2.

https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=220331
2020-8-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Paul Joy Posted at 8-14 02:08
If you're considering using the DJI repair centre in the Netherlands please read this_thread which outlines the awful service I have recieved from them. My inspire 2 developed some stress cracks in the battery box due to no fault of my own I thought I would send it in for repair.
2 weeks after the drone was deliverred to the repair facility in the Netherlands I had heard nothing. Then after some complaining emails it was escalated and I eventually recieved the bill which included the replacement of many non required parts. Even if a part was scratched it needed replacing!

Hi Paul, I'm so sorry to hear the issue with your drone, I have tried but unable to get your case number via your forum account, could you please provide me with your case number for better assistance? I'll help to check and do my best to assist. Looking forward to hearing from you. Thanks.
2020-8-14
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Paul Joy Posted at 8-5 08:38
So I finally got a quote to have the battery box replaced, well at least to have the battery box replaced along with most of the rest of the Inspire that doesn't need replacing!!!

Apparently it suddenly needs all of these extra parts which I know for a fact it doesn't. What can I do, is there anybody to reach out to to ask why it has suddenly requires all these parts? I didn't crash my drone, the rest of it is just fine and I have loads of photos that I took as I packed it to prove that. I just want the battery box replaced!

Wow, they determined a lot of other things that mattered.  Who knows what would have happened if the crack didn't make you send it in.  It would be 100% cool to get the drone 100% working.  That's the problem with buying premium, it cost a lot of money to maintain it.  
2020-8-14
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

Paul Joy Posted at 8-14 02:08

Sorry to hear it went bad again.
It also did not change for me. Still waiting for DJI NL to replace my Inspire 2 on .400 FW. 5 months currently
2020-8-14
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PH3KS Posted at 8-14 08:40
Sorry to hear it went bad again.
It also did not change for me. Still waiting for DJI NL to replace my Inspire 2 on .400 FW. 5 months currently

We are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. Could you please tell me your case number as well? I'll check on the status and do our best to help.
2020-8-16
Use props
PH3KS
lvl.4
  • >>>
Netherlands

DJI Natalia Posted at 8-16 23:03
We are sorry for the inconvenience you experienced. Could you please tell me your case number as well? I'll check on the status and do our best to help.

Hi Natalia, Thnx for responding. Will send you PM
2020-8-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

PH3KS Posted at 8-16 23:41
Hi Natalia, Thnx for responding. Will send you PM

Hi PH3KS, sorry for the late response, I have replied to your PM. Thanks.
2020-8-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules