DJI FPV system and analog input problem
4482 10 2020-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

I flight on both system - digital and analog. analog best for racing, HD for freestyle and cruising.
Dji fpv goggles native support NTSC, and automatic switching on PAL if pal signal is ON.
However  pal signal is lost - display have a blanc screen on a second, and then switch to NTSC, and back. it is too more time delay (((.
In NTSC signal all ok, because NTSC is default standard of AV input. But NTSC less sharper image, because it have resolution 720*480. PAL  image is more sharper - 720*576.

Please add manual soft switch of select of analog standart PAL or NTSC (and AUTO) on AV-input!!! or increase more delay before switching from PAL to blank screen, or make switchinh pal/ntcs forward and backward without blank screen and faster as possible (as analog fpv goggles).

and please hold aspect ratio on analog in for both analog standards. 4*3 or select 16*9.

thx

2020-7-14
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

hi everybody. anybody out there?
2020-7-18
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

Dear developers, please answer something.
2020-8-19
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229255 ft
Germany

analog best for racing, HD for freestyle and cruising <---- Good joke
2020-8-19
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

Xviews Posted at 8-19 21:25
analog best for racing, HD for freestyle and cruising

why not??
2020-8-19
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

honestly there are only 2 problems with digital:
- price (analog cameta+vtx are pretty cheap, also maaany models to choose from in analog world)
- small lag (if U compare digital to analog and IF U can feel difference ),  only a hardcore/pro racer will see it as limiting factor, rest of pilots can have good fun with digital without problem.

it's same as 240fps "gaming" monitor... a decent 144fps is enough for almost anyone ;)

2020-8-22
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Germany

KREMi Posted at 8-22 11:10
honestly there are only 2 problems with digital:
- price (analog cameta+vtx are pretty cheap, also maaany models to choose from in analog world)
- small lag (if U compare digital to analog and IF U can feel difference  ),  only a hardcore/pro racer will see it as limiting factor, rest of pilots can have good fun with digital without problem.

Small Lag? You cannot feel it, no one in this world can. If analog would show you the latency, nobody would say something like that he can feel it.
analog latency 22-35ms
digital latency 28-40ms

Price? Good camera and good VTX cost not much less than Caddx Vista with DJI CAM

2020-8-27
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

Xviews Posted at 8-27 03:36
Small Lag? You cannot feel it, no one in this world can. If analog would show you the latency, nobody would say something like that he can feel it.
analog latency 22-35ms
digital latency 28-40ms

I can't agree here
lag - In past I was able to feel gaming lag on PC - it was significantly different to play on 40-50ms connection and 20ish ms one. So I true belive what pros/racers in RC says, that they feel difference. Otherwise, when You got sponsors, so funds aren't limiting factor... yet they still stick to analog. there must be a reason to do it IMO HD got so more detail to offer, yet they downgrade (stay analog) image quality for speed I can understand that, but it will be small % of ppl, as said before

about price - yes, very good camera+ VTX can cost close to digital. but there is also a lot of cheapo alternatives., You can buy still usable to normal daily flying AIO (cameta+vxt) for 20ish dollars (yes, there are AIO for even 10$, but let's speak about something what deliver at last normal quality image)

so please show me usable alternative in DJI digital world for even doble that amount - let say 50$... You got only Vista or Airunit, both way over 100$ - so I stay by my word, that price also have something to say here
2020-8-27
Use props
Xviews
Second Officer
Germany

"yet they still stick to analog. there must be a reason to do it "

The reason is license costs of DJI, there are many clubs that want to switch to DJI, but the spectator boxes of DJI are very expensive in the license
2020-8-27
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

Xviews Posted at 8-27 07:57
"yet they still stick to analog. there must be a reason to do it "

The reason is license costs of DJI, there are many clubs that want to switch to DJI, but the spectator boxes of DJI are very expensive in the license

DJI has the ability to make the image broadcast very cheap - to do this, you need to write an app for your smartphone. And you can connect to the DJI FPV goggles via USB-C, but they don't want to do it yet. Please join the conversation and write your requirements here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... p;page=1#pid2219584
2020-8-27
Use props
Sendorm
lvl.3

Turkey

I would also like to see aspect ratio changes and the ability to change NTSC to PAL. Great input, thank you.
2020-10-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules