DJI FPV livestream view
14088 28 2020-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

Please make "FPV live" APP from smart controller, available for any android smartphone (in future iOs) for FPV live streaming and view flights for my friends and other people ))
2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Anton R59. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Again, thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-7-14
Use props
mc54
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1030 ft

United States

Linking a smartphone to the goggles and being able to pull up the DJI FPV system feed would be super cool. But I imagine the goggles would need some sort of bluetooth capability which I dont believe they have.

I think Orqa goggles have a module that does something like this?

Anyhow, this would be a super cool addition to the next gen FPV system whenever it comes out.
2020-7-15
Use props
KREMi
Second Officer
  • >>>
Poland

I think BT is still too slow, u need wifi or better connection for nice vidfeed
at last plan it on board (connectors) and give option as extra extension module

2020-7-17
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

The engineers at DJI blew us away when they rolled out a digital system that actually worked years before we expected it. I remember hearing stuff like "its physically impossible" and "there's not enough bandwidth for a digital signal".

So maybe they've got some sort of trick they can employ to make the limited bandwidth and speed we currently have to create a smartphone link for a secondary feed viewing screen. I hope they are working on it, because having a "passenger screen" is one of the few things I miss about analog.

2020-7-17
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

mc54 Posted at 7-17 06:58
The engineers at DJI blew us away when they rolled out a digital system that actually worked years before we expected it. I remember hearing stuff like "its physically impossible" and "there's not enough bandwidth for a digital signal".

So maybe they've got some sort of trick they can employ to make the limited bandwidth and speed we currently have to create a smartphone link for a secondary feed viewing screen. I hope they are working on it, because having a "passenger screen" is one of the few things I miss about analog.

what are you talking about? I started this topic because DJI has everything you need to make a second screen output for the viewer from the glasses. Today, using a usb-c cable, you can output an online stream to a smart controller, and we are talking about porting a ready-made smart controller application ("FPV live" ) to smartphones.
2020-7-18
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

Anton, I don't want to have to daisy chain a bunch of expensive devices to get an auxillary fpv feed.  I know about that $600 smart controller,  I have zero interest in that (nor does anyone else coming from the FPV side of things).   I'm hoping DJI can figure out a way to direct link an App on your smartphone to the DJI fpv feed.  If that can't be done, there needs to be a cheap stand alone auxillary screen available for under $100.

2020-7-18
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

mc54 Posted at 7-18 11:58
Anton, I don't want to have to daisy chain a bunch of expensive devices to get an auxillary fpv feed.  I know about that $600 smart controller,  I have zero interest in that (not does anyone else coming from the FPV side of things).   I'm hoping DJI can figure out a way to direct link an App on your smartphone to the DJI fpv feed.  If that can't be done, there needs to be a cheap stand alone auxillary screen available for under $100.

Yes, it is. The ability to broadcast on any smartphone or tablet is purely a software feature. And if DJI wants it, it is easy to implement it. Unfortunately, DJI does not listen to users ' wishes.
2020-8-19
Use props
djiuser_La24Q6LXGFu6
New

Spain

The truth is that it's a good idea and whether it's software or some kind of 5 or 6-inch screen that's not too expensive, $100 or $150 would be wonderful. Many times I'm going to fly with my nephews or friends, and it's something that I miss a lot from the analog fpv system. They get bored because they can't see and it would be crazy for everyone to have a goggle dji, if they don't fly fpv normally. We should make a lot of noise in this forum thread so that the DJI engineers realize what the community needs. Greetings
2020-10-4
Use props
djiuser_bGQAJrIB1XB0
New

Spain

This would be wonderful!!
I belong to a small MX team and I would love to be able to share my fpv feed with our followers at our IG page.
Please DJI make it happen!!
2020-10-4
Use props
KnzHz
lvl.2

Denmark

This is a no brainer. Not getting the feed out of the goggles is one of the biggest downsides to this product. This would solve alle my current issues with using the dji system.
2020-10-4
Use props
trica de
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1062090 ft
  • >>>
Germany

that would be so nice ! PUSH
2020-10-24
Use props
geoffz
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1941322 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-14 20:13
Hello there Anton R59. Thank you for reaching out and for these information you have shared with us. I will cascade this thread to the designated DJI department for further attention and evaluation. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates. Kindly please stay tuned or visit our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Again, thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.

Stephen,
You know as well as I do, DJI is a closed system and they're primarily about making money with new devices...ergo the over-priced Smart Controller!  Which none of us that already have a Mavic series controller wish to buy!  
What we do need is a simple inexpensive device and/or app the suctions as a MONITOR ONLY!
Either produce it yourself or license the technology to a 3rd Party!
2020-11-8
Use props
XWB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766877 ft
Hong Kong

Anton R59 Posted at 7-18 05:31
what are you talking about? I started this topic because DJI has everything you need to make a second screen output for the viewer from the glasses. Today, using a usb-c cable, you can output an online stream to a smart controller, and we are talking about porting a ready-made smart controller application ("FPV live" ) to smartphones.

Completely agreed. Imo it should be possible. Hopefully DJI will implement this soon.
2020-12-29
Use props
XWB
lvl.4
Flight distance : 766877 ft
Hong Kong

Since DJI hasn't implemented this yet, I was wandering whether it is possible to pull the latest frame from the recording video file  (that is still recording and not complete) from a 'wireless' sd card or something like that
2020-12-29
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

XWB Posted at 12-29 20:18
Since DJI hasn't implemented this yet, I was wandering whether it is possible to pull the latest frame from the recording video file  (that is still recording and not complete) from a 'wireless' sd card or something like that

I'm interested. do dji experts read this forum?
2020-12-30
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

DJI reads this stream, but I guess we will find out if the LISTEN if/when a Air Unit V2 rolls out.....
2020-12-30
Use props
fanse9e3dad9
lvl.1

Australia

mc54 Posted at 12-30 10:23
DJI reads this stream, but I guess we will find out if the LISTEN if/when a Air Unit V2 rolls out.....

What would be most disappointing is if DJI releases a solution to this as part of goggles v2 but does not make it back-compatible with v1 goggles, effectively requiring v1 owners to upgrade the whole goggles in order to gain this sorely needed feature.  That would be a huge slap in the face to those customers who supported DJI by buying their first release digital goggles.  I hope that DJI both releases a solution to this (and many other shortcomings to the digital FPV system) that is compatible with BOTH v2 and v1 equipment.
2020-12-31
Use props
mc54
Second Officer

United States

fanse9e3dad9 Posted at 2020-12-31 20:44
What would be most disappointing is if DJI releases a solution to this as part of goggles v2 but does not make it back-compatible with v1 goggles, effectively requiring v1 owners to upgrade the whole goggles in order to gain this sorely needed feature.  That would be a huge slap in the face to those customers who supported DJI by buying their first release digital goggles.  I hope that DJI both releases a solution to this (and many other shortcomings to the digital FPV system) that is compatible with BOTH v2 and v1 equipment.
Creating a wireless link between the goggles and an independent auxillary display would probably require hardware not included on the V1.  Then again, DJI has surprised us before with inventive solutions.  Let's hope there IS a V2 Air Unit and it has all the things people have been clamoring for.
2021-1-1
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

mc54 Posted at 1-1 10:00
Creating a wireless link between the goggles and an independent auxillary display would probably require hardware not included on the V1.  Then again, DJI has surprised us before with inventive solutions.  Let's hope there IS a V2 Air Unit and it has all the things people have been clamoring for.

DJI has already stated that v2 will have a livestream function via a USB-c port on any smartphone with the DJI fly program.
I wonder when the firmware update for v1 will be released?! And will they let it out?
2021-1-28
Use props
keenest
lvl.1

United States

Anton R59 Posted at 1-28 00:18
DJI has already stated that v2 will have a livestream function via a USB-c port on any smartphone with the DJI fly program.
I wonder when the firmware update for v1 will be released?! And will they let it out?

With the launch of the new FPV drone, DJI is advertising on their site that Smartphone Live View will be available via the app. Any word on whether this will work on V1 Goggles?
2021-3-2
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

DJI is lazy ass. We can't wait it
2021-3-3
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

they don't read this forum. they don't care what we want
2021-3-3
Use props
djiuser_Y35Mjgcbh2hB
lvl.1

Réunion

Hello,
Can I used the FPV live application on my Crystal Sky screen instead of smart controller ?
I have not found the application on my smartphone Samsung S8+.  Can you help me to find it ?
Thanks very much
2021-3-7
Use props
djiuser_Y35Mjgcbh2hB
lvl.1

Réunion

Please, can you tell me if the FPV Live is avalaible for CrystalSky screen ?
2021-3-19
Use props
djiuser_5RUQPAPWo2yN
lvl.1

United States

Nurk made an excellent video on the new firmware release to use the smart controller along with the FPVLIVE app to stream the V2 goggles via Type C to Type A on the smart controller. Then full size HDMI out to the monitor of your choice like 65" TV.
    I had been wanting a second pair of goggles so I can take the wife or whoever along for a real time flight. But $450+ . I thought , on the big screen a whole room of people can watch So I bought the factory refurbished smart controller from the DJI store. It has the FPV live AP already installed. Saved $100 I guess.
     So I go to try it. The app opens but stays black with the FPVLIVE logo in the bottom corner so I know the app is on. I also know the goggles are transmitting a signal because the DJI FLY AP is working. The customer service chat line guy was a bit confused and didn't know what to tell me. Anyone out there Know what I'm talking about ? Please help
2021-6-14
Use props
finvader
lvl.1

United States

I have the latest goggles, is there a way I can stream from my dji fpv? I cannot find anything that lets me go live using dji fly.
2022-1-6
Use props
fans76648f5d
lvl.1
Flight distance : 124501 ft
United States

I tried it on iOS and it worked
2022-1-16
Use props
Anton R59
lvl.2

Russia

fans76648f5d Posted at 1-16 14:14
I tried it on iOS and it worked

officially DJIFLY is working with dji fpv drone but not dji fpv system. For fpv system available unofficial application        
DigiView for android.
2022-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules