Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Firmware Update Extends M2Pro range. So is it now better than MA2?
779 9 2020-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
waynepj3gmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

MA2 beat M2Pro with its small size, extended flight time and range.

DJI just released a firmware update that extends the range of M2Pro...M2Pro though bigger now has equal range and a better camera.

Does this now make M2Pro better?

I have both MA2 and M2Pro..I am considering selling my MA2 now to get the DJI Smart Controller. Thoughts? What would you do if you were me?
2020-7-14
Use props
Flormo2002
lvl.4
Flight distance : 12242710 ft
  • >>>
United States

So you are now considering selling your MA2 because the M2Pro now offers the same range?  Why did you buy the Air 2 to begin with if you already own the Mavic 2 Pro? Which one do you like better? I would never buy the 2 Pro because it's only better because of the 1" sensor, side sensors and top sensors. Side sensors don't mean much to me but the 1" sensor is nice but that's what I've got the P4P for
2020-7-14
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

The M2P has a larger sensor but the MA2 has a newer processing pipeline which can encode at a higher bitrate and retain more detail.

To me it would come down to other features such as waypoints in the M2P or the improved tracking in the MA2.
2020-7-14
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

The smart controller may eventually be discontinued. We have had little too no upgrades to the firmware since its incorporation. I would keep them both MA2 and a Mavic pro and wait and see if they actually follow through with their promise of making the SC compatible with the MA2. It shocks me that DJI has side shelfed the controller for now as it is a great controller with fast set up and having the drone in the air quickly.
2020-7-14
Use props
waynepj3gmail.com
lvl.3
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 7-14 13:19
The smart controller may eventually be discontinued. We have had little too no upgrades to the firmware since its incorporation. I would keep them both MA2 and a Mavic pro and wait and see if they actually follow through with their promise of making the SC compatible with the MA2. It shocks me that DJI has side shelfed the controller for now as it is a great controller with fast set up and having the drone in the air quickly.

Is it true that the SC has less range than the standard contoller? That and the lack of gps in the SC are about the only thing that give me pause.
2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this inquiry. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best recommendation for this query. To check which drones best suit your needs, please visit this DJI Consumer Drone Comparison link for more information. Thank you.
2020-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you want to take low light photos you might be better with the M2P's bigger sensor.
2020-7-15
Use props
Chill Pill
lvl.4
Flight distance : 44731 ft
United Kingdom

waynepj3gmail.com Posted at 7-14 14:11
Is it true that the SC has less range than the standard contoller? That and the lack of gps in the SC are about the only thing that give me pause.

Not sure where you are getting your information but the smart controller has GPS+GLONASS
2020-7-15
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

waynepj3gmail.com Posted at 7-14 14:11
Is it true that the SC has less range than the standard contoller? That and the lack of gps in the SC are about the only thing that give me pause.

No I do not believe that to be true. Both operate with ocusync.
2020-7-15
Use props
Pilot.Isaac
lvl.4
Flight distance : 220554 ft
United States

Do you think that M2P can even reach to 10km with shorter flight time than MA2?
Well if there's someone far out there to pick up sleeping drone...
2020-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules