Part 107 and registering with a LLC
386 8 2020-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
Flight distance : 365233 ft
United States

Hey all, just passed my part 107, interesting exam.  Question, those that have passed their part 107 did you register to a LLC?  I don't have a LLC now and it is a fair amount of money to get one.  I completely understand the advantages of registering to a LLC.  Thoughts?  Thank you.
2020-7-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

You don't have t register to LLC.
2020-7-14
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

You should if you want to keep all of your stuff that you aquired over the years,
like, car, home, wife, kids, pets....
2020-7-14
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
United States

Thank you.  I know I don't need to register to a LLC, however it was a recommendation in case you get sued.  If the person suing you can only get assets within the LLC instead you as an individual (house, car, etc.) it would seem well worth it.  More or less what Flycaster mentioned.
2020-7-14
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

You can check out Verifly, an "On Demand" insurance provider for UAV/Drone pilots.
I use 'em.
But yes, you should also look into the LLC for your "stuff"...
2020-7-14
Use props
DukeNukemNY
lvl.4
United States

Flycaster Posted at 7-14 10:28
You can check out Verifly, an "On Demand" insurance provider for UAV/Drone pilots.
I use 'em.
But yes, you should also look into the LLC for your "stuff"...

Yep, already have the app installed (Verifly).  Looking into the LLC for extra protection.  Thank you.
2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to the LLC. I hope that our valued DJI co pilots can provide you the best recommendation for this inquiry. Just a friendly reminder to please follow local rules and regulation during flight. Thank you and safe flying.
2020-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on passing the 107.  
2020-7-15
Use props
Neo Supreme
Second Officer
Flight distance : 76329 ft
United States

As stated before, you don't have to register as an LLC, though it's a good idea to help protect yourself, granted that you're getting in that level of business.  I went the trademark route.
2020-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules