Mavic Air 2 Dual Controller
3651 8 2020-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_6K4z9O3y7Zce
lvl.1
Flight distance : 812287 ft
United States

Is there a plan in the works for the MA2 to have dual controllers like the M2P series? I would hope that once they release the firmware update for the MA2 to use the Smart Controller, we may have the ability to use both controllers (The MA2 RC & SC) simultaneously. This would definitely catapult the MA2 above most competitors.

I've had to really look at the EVO2 drones because they have a number of innovations that one would think DJI would implement with their craft. Better Flight Time, Cameras and Modular upgrades.

2020-7-14
Use props
MisterFrag
Second Officer
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

I doubt that will happen -- DJI doesn't want to cannibalize their more expensive drones. They differentiate products by withholding features that would be easy to implement, such as waypoints.
2020-7-14
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for these information about the DJI Mavic Air 2 having a dual controller. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). In addition, I will cascade this additions information that you have shared to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you for your valued support.
2020-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Highly unlikely to happen.
2020-7-15
Use props
Joe.Mavic.D.HH
Second Officer
Flight distance : 8230085 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DAFlys Posted at 7-15 00:04
Highly unlikely to happen.

...but at least cascaded to the designated DJI department...
They are desperately waiting for clues to make things better (maybe not in this life!)
2020-7-15
Use props
X-FactorPREP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 812287 ft
United States

MisterFrag Posted at 7-14 12:21
I doubt that will happen -- DJI doesn't want to cannibalize their more expensive drones. They differentiate products by withholding features that would be easy to implement, such as waypoints.

This wouldn't be cannibalization in any form. The MA2 is already surpassing the M2P/M2Z on some aspects. Plus the MA2 is already slated to work with the Smart Controller. Dual Control would just be an easy and obvious way to upsell and encourage users to upgrade to the Smart Controller. It's a win/win for DJI.

This would be a different conversation if they hadn't already introduced Dual Control to the Prosumer (Mavic 2) Line.

2020-7-15
Use props
ronindj68
lvl.1

Italy

HI, I 'm interest too. it would be nice if also mavic air 2 it will be manageable by two controllers.  I hope in DJI  in upgrade sw project will offer this features. I think Mavic air 2 have big capacity, much more than old models
2021-1-10
Use props
djiuser_bxL9ZtL8U8Cb
lvl.2
Flight distance : 495994 ft
United States

Yes I do believe soon enough there will be a firmware that supports two controllers. As it makes it easier to teach someone how to fly.
2021-3-25
Use props
Fly_Hazr_Air
lvl.4
Flight distance : 56588 ft
United States

X-FactorPREP Posted at 2020-7-15 11:18
This wouldn't be cannibalization in any form. The MA2 is already surpassing the M2P/M2Z on some aspects. Plus the MA2 is already slated to work with the Smart Controller. Dual Control would just be an easy and obvious way to upsell and encourage users to upgrade to the Smart Controller. It's a win/win for DJI.

This would be a different conversation if they hadn't already introduced Dual Control to the Prosumer (Mavic 2) Line.

They market the MA2 and Mini2 to a different type of consumer than the M2P.  That is what keeps the price point 1/2 the cost of the bigger brother.  Adding that capability would probably cause some sort of cost increase, nothing is done for free, even if it was minimal.  I sure they have market research that shows minor increase in cost for these lower consumer lines might turn the buyer to a different drone supplier. I would say the average MA2/Mini2 users (most of the market for these units) could care less bout waypoints, dual control, or a host of other functionality that the Prosumer user find as must haves on the upper level drones.  I have already seen notices that say the FLY App will not be supporting certain iOS updates.  I think the Fly App works as a decent tool for the average weekend flyer, but I would have liked to see more useful tools included, and since GO App is not supported for the MA2/Mini2 I think that shows where they are trying to makes cost saving to improve profit margin.  I would be willing to bet the Software updates are the most expensive part of the whole drone when you look at how many supported platforms need to be quality checked against.     
2021-3-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules