Flicker Free Videos @ 5GHz
7104 16 2020-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
TelloMellow
lvl.2

Canada

I've been trying a few wifi repeater/extenders for use with the Tello. The latest one (the tp-link AC750) is a dual band Travel Router (with 3 internal antennas I am told).
The Tello will connect to it at 2.4Ghz while the phone (if it is relatively recent) will connect to it at 5Ghz (I will post the video on how to do the configuration...hopefully soon).

Have a look at this short clip (raw footage) to see how much better the video recording is with the Tello and this router:

2020-7-14
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Footage does look good for a Tello.
2020-7-15
Use props
TelloMellow
lvl.2

Canada

DAFlys Posted at 7-15 00:04
Footage does look good for a Tello.

you should have seen the next video after this one - where I try to make the Tello into a Cinewhoop. The video did not freeze at all or go snowy. I was trying hard to make the video recording go jello-like - but I couldn't. This is the one to get and I am definitely keeping it. Fits even in my pocket with the usb powerbank!

2020-7-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Looks very nice!
2020-7-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TelloMellow Posted at 7-15 07:11
you should have seen the next video after this one - where I try to make the Tello into a Cinewhoop. The video did not freeze at all or go snowy. I was trying hard to make the video recording go jello-like - but I couldn't. This is the one to get and I am definitely keeping it. Fits even in my pocket with the usb powerbank!https://youtu.be/ZQchSaSk2tE

wow wow !!!!
2020-7-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Nicely done.
2020-7-16
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very cool footage
2020-7-22
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

TelloMellow Posted at 7-15 07:11
you should have seen the next video after this one - where I try to make the Tello into a Cinewhoop. The video did not freeze at all or go snowy. I was trying hard to make the video recording go jello-like - but I couldn't. This is the one to get and I am definitely keeping it. Fits even in my pocket with the usb powerbank!https://youtu.be/ZQchSaSk2tE

Very nicely done
2020-7-22
Use props
RemotelyUnltd
lvl.2

Canada

A J Posted at 7-22 13:04
Very nicely done

Guys - have a look at my latest post - Summer 2020 Tello Footage. I pieced together much of it using this setup. It really works well.
2020-8-2
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RemotelyUnltd Posted at 8-2 15:14
Guys - have a look at my latest post - Summer 2020 Tello Footage. I pieced together much of it using this setup. It really works well.
https://youtu.be/iFUcghzyTpU

Awesome mate
2020-8-2
Use props
FLY QUADS TV
lvl.4
Flight distance : 621617 ft
South Africa

I think you should change it to xiaomi wifi extender. Tp link sometimes dont work for this, maybe
2020-8-18
Use props
RemotelyUnltd
lvl.2

Canada

Hi FlyQuadsTV

Actually, trying to get the Xiaomi Wifi Extender has been nothing but a headache. It is for this reason that I started to look for alternatives.
The tp-link units has always work for me. You need to turn it on and leave it on for about 30 seconds to 1 minute before turning on the Tello.
Using that method - their routers (tp-link that is) always worked.

Also - I doubt very much if an inexpensive router like the Xiaomi - has a 5Ghz (400mbps) connectivity option. It seems that option (connecting to
it from the smartphone) allows for a much cleaner video stream.

The videos above uses this type of connection and with the tp-link AC750 (the WR802AN isn't bad either - but no 5Ghz connectivity - ie. not dual band).
2020-8-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

RemotelyUnltd Posted at 8-19 04:24
Hi FlyQuadsTV

Actually, trying to get the Xiaomi Wifi Extender has been nothing but a headache. It is for this reason that I started to look for alternatives.

Let us know what you find best
2020-8-28
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Very nice, so if you got this working with a TP link I don't need an Asus Router mentioned in your other video
2020-9-24
Use props
RemotelyUnltd
lvl.2

Canada

Sure - the AC750 is an excellent router/repeater. It is so small (and yet packed with features) - that it is probably the best all around.

But - for folks who can't swing the $50 for that router, they can always buy an Asus Desktop Router (like the one above) for about $28 at Amazon Warehouse Deals.
And....despite only being a single band (2.4 Ghz with 300 Mbps transmission speed) - I didn't really see too many pixelation or drop frames (i.e. not bad in terms of performance)
with the Asus unit. Also -the AC750 cannot beat the Asus for distance. 300 meters / 1000 feet - is far. The AC750 will likely completely lose connection at 200m or even far less.

2020-9-24
Use props
Cients
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5537369 ft
Portugal

Looks good!
2020-11-7
Use props
Blériot53
Captain
Flight distance : 6188465 ft