Take off issue and solution
4567 10 2020-7-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Hi guys!
There is a common problem that is also called: a nyut-nyut problem, or a hopy spark.

The take-off is not smooth, but bounces up and down and is difficult to control, often hitting the ground. This phenomenon worsened for me to the point that it descended at an unexpectedly high speed during the flight and landed hard in an unsuitable place, the propellers broke. This year it happened again but now it happened on a football field and so there was no break, it just stood up. In the first case, there was nothing in the flight log, but now in the second case, there were bug reports that led to a solution.See the picture below

I was sure it wasn't a software problem because a lot of people tried everything, unsuccessfully (reset, firmware upgrade, firmware downgrade, etc.) I didn't change anything, I used the proven firmware and DJIgo4 even when it worked and the error appeared .
The hardware problem was made likely by several signs:
- A phenomenon that is gradually getting worse
- Youtube video where the phenomenon disappears after tapping Spark
- Software solutions have never helped
- Reports that this problem is common in countries with warm and humid climates
- Phenomenon during take-off and rapid climb (when power is required)
- This phenomenon usually does not occur at a new age (mine is 3 years old)

So this is an oxidation-induced contact fault!
Unfortunately, the disadvantage of miniature dimensions is that very small connectors have been incorporated. A contact of a contact is one tenth of a millimeter. I suspect that the contacts of the flexible ribbon cable connecting the knife contacts of the battery to the motherboard are responsible for this phenomenon. There is a connector on each end and this wire supplies power to all the electronics. (Except for the motors and their associated ESC, because they are connected directly to the battery with a thick wire.) So it's not the motors that don't get enough power, it's the motherboard (the control), so you can't control the Spark properly. .
So the solution:
- Follow the instructions on the Youtube videos to remove the Spark cover
- Carefully disconnect all connectors (GPS module does not need to be removed as shown in the video)
- remove the motherboard
- disconnect the other connector on the battery board connector
- wipe all connectors with Isopropyl alcohol or contact cleaning fluid
- We assemble everything in reverse order
You don't need any adhesive tape, you don't need hot glue, you just need to clean the connectors. It may be enough to disconnect the connectors and then reconnect them. The metallic contacts will then return to normal contact.
And if we did everything carefully enough, it already works.

After I was insecure on take-off and almost fell off the sky twice (landed at a very high speed), the test flight after the repair was okay.
I took him to a load test the next day, flying 3 batteries all the way, there was no error in the flight log. He flew perfectly. It was like when it was new.
I hope I could help and spare you a lot of annoyance.
Have a nice flight!

ESC error.png
DJI_Spark main power.jpg
2020-7-14
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for sharing
2020-7-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks for sharing  
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jakab Gipsz. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this video with us. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2020-7-15
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-15 19:53
Hello there Jakab Gipsz. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this video with us. Have a safe and a happy flying always.

I hope I could help....
I have an explanation: The infamous Compass error, YAW error, speed error, interruption of GPS reception, switching to ATTI mode and at the same time disconnection can be traced back to the oxidation of the connectors. The GPS module is also connected to the motherboard with a connector ...
These miniature connectors are a source of all trouble, after a while the electrical conductivity of the contacts deteriorates.
GPS modul.jpg
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 7-15 21:35
I hope I could help....
I have an explanation: The infamous Compass error, YAW error, speed error, interruption of GPS reception, switching to ATTI mode and at the same time disconnection can be traced back to the oxidation of the connectors. The GPS module is also connected to the motherboard with a connector ...
These miniature connectors are a source of all trouble, after a while the electrical conductivity of the contacts deteriorates.

Hi there Jakab Gipsz. Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us and your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade this thread to this designated DJI department for attention. Again, thank you for your support and stay safe always.
2020-7-16
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-16 00:34
Hi there Jakab Gipsz. Thank you for the additional information you have shared with us and your valued insights with regards to this matter. I will cascade this thread to this designated DJI department for attention. Again, thank you for your support and stay safe always.

Thank you Stephen!
2020-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hi there Jakab Gipsz. You are very much welcome and thank you for the reply. If you have any other suggestions, requests or concerns with DJI. Please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum. We are all here to help and support you. Have a safe flight always.
2020-7-20
Use props
Jakab Gipsz
Second Officer

Hungary

Here's a proof that this is a socket contact issue (jump 1:30 for interesting part):

2020-7-24
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Jakab Gipsz Posted at 7-24 21:21
Here's a proof that this is a socket contact issue (jump 1:30 for interesting part): https://youtu.be/MwRUNUa0tY0?t=91

Thanks for sharing
2020-7-29
Use props
djiuser_V2qxAEcCODn6
lvl.1
Flight distance : 174416 ft
Spain

Después de un accidente, se me ha encendido la luz roja y me da error en el sistema de navegación¿Sabéis cómo se quita el mensaje? porque no me aparecen número de errores.
Gracias.
2023-3-26
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules