Aircraft orientation unusable
770 30 2020-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
sbonev
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3665279 ft
Switzerland

The drone position in the bottom middle part of the screen is literally unusable in the latest app. Before it was working properly after calibration of the phone compass while in the RC. now it is impossible to achieve it. it is always off by some 40 or more degrees if i calibrate and is rendering it unusable. this isreally annoying as it was a convinient reference as to where to point the RC, the map is good but still not that usuful.
2020-7-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

This seems to be a common problem.  
2020-7-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

DAFlys Posted at 7-15 00:51
This seems to be a common problem.

yes but was working fine and without issues in previous versions of the app, basically they screwed it over...
2020-7-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

sbonev Posted at 7-15 01:21
yes but was working fine and without issues in previous versions of the app, basically they screwed it over...

It happened to some people in the first version too.
2020-7-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

so weird this problem.....

On my 3 devices the aircraft orientation indicator works without any problem, previous version and latest version of the FlyApp. (android devices)

So the combination RC <> device is the cause of this, not the FlyApp.

Mayby an idea for DJI to manual correct the offset in the app? (if 20 degrees is the offset over the whole 360 range than compensate with minus 20....) DJI ??

cheers
JJB
2020-7-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

JJB* Posted at 7-15 02:35
so weird this problem.....

On my 3 devices the aircraft orientation indicator works without any problem, previous version and latest version of the FlyApp. (android devices)

yes true it is the combination the issue, but strangely enough in previous version worked fine for me. in the new one i cannot make it in any way, only once was a bit ok with only 10-20 degrees off, but still not good. Why for you works perfect is beyond me...i am also using it on android.
2020-7-15
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

Hi
I had the same problem and activating the GPS returned to normal.
2020-7-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

VanzPix Posted at 7-15 03:19
Hi
I had the same problem and activating the GPS returned to normal.

without GPS this function does not work at all....so it is not that i think
2020-7-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 7-15 03:24
without GPS this function does not work at all....so it is not that i think

uh, info needed from mobile device for the AOI is only the compass data. Not GPS.
2020-7-15
Use props
Zbip57
lvl.4

Canada

2020-7-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

JJB* Posted at 7-15 04:49
uh, info needed from mobile device for the AOI is only the compass data. Not GPS.

not sure we are talking about the same thing?! on my device orientation works only with GPS on!
2020-7-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

yes all this i did... and before the last update of the app calibration while in the RC worked perfect. after the latest update it doesn't help at all...
2020-7-15
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

sbonev Posted at 7-15 05:46
not sure we are talking about the same thing?! on my device orientation works only with GPS on!

oke, than the compass data is only sent to the flyapp if GPS is on.
But the Aircraft Orientation Indicator gets info from the drone compass and mobile device compass

drone > arrow pointing direction
device > arrow postioning on the forward 180 degree scale of the AOI.

cheers
JJB
2020-7-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

JJB* Posted at 7-15 06:32
oke, than the compass data is only sent to the flyapp if GPS is on.
But the Aircraft Orientation Indicator gets info from the drone compass and mobile device compass

well that is clear that the phone compass is responsible for the correct orientation reported... the thing is it is never correct, no matter how i calibrate. yesterday i did it like 10 times and gave up, started working only after app crash which actually rebooted phone, so it is definitely an issue of the app
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. For better assistance, kindly please provide a short sample footage of the said issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2020-7-15
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-15 20:59
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. For better assistance, kindly please provide a short sample footage of the said issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

well you have test team that should be responsible for such things...i have uploaded at least 3 videos showing different issues so far zero feedback or progress with these issues...so unfortunately i find it time wasting to bother providing you more videos, so you can continue ignoring the staggering issues with your crappy software!
2020-7-16
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

I downgraded my firmware and it fixed it.
2020-7-16
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

22340179 Posted at 7-16 13:13
I downgraded my firmware and it fixed it.

if it is the firmware even worse...but downgrading shouldn't be the proper way of fixing things. unfortunately with dji seems workarounds are the only solution.
2020-7-17
Use props
djiuser_SnrxG1I9TK1Y
lvl.1

United States

Buying a Mavic Mini soon. Should I reconsider? Sounds as if DJI doesn't address their issues very well.
2020-7-17
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

djiuser_SnrxG1I9TK1Y Posted at 7-17 01:45
Buying a Mavic Mini soon. Should I reconsider? Sounds as if DJI doesn't address their issues very well.

i´d say they don´t address them at all! well it is a good drone, the software is crap, so you might struggle at times depending on your phone and other factors... the air 2 should be better supported as it is more expensive., though it is the same app and some issues might be applicable to it also.
2020-7-17
Use props
panthere
lvl.3
Canada

I never had the slightest problem with the software thank you dji and bravo for your excellent work.
2020-7-17
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I must have missed the OP telling us the make and model of his device. If it is not on the DJI approved list, you are on your own and deserve to be such. I also use a non-approved device and I accept the risks.
2020-7-17
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

GaryDoug Posted at 7-17 10:04
I must have missed the OP telling us the make and model of his device. If it is not on the DJI approved list, you are on your own and deserve to be such. I also use a non-approved device and I accept the risks.

it is note 8, it is in the "approved list" though not sure any samsung should be there....and it i not a device issue, if it was fine with the previous versions of the app obviously something was changed...it is that simple
2020-7-17
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

panthere Posted at 7-17 08:51
I never had the slightest problem with the software thank you dji and bravo for your excellent work.

well you not being aware of an issue does not mean the issue does not exist...it is because of ignorant people with such attitude that nowadays companies release so many poorly tested products
2020-7-17
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sbonev Posted at 7-17 10:09
it is note 8, it is in the "approved list" though not sure any samsung should be there....and it i not a device issue, if it was fine with the previous versions of the app obviously something was changed...it is that simple

You obviously have never written any code...ever. Any changes can affect the existing program flow and timing. So with each revision, it must be re-qualified. Android (and iOS) is a toy operating system that should never be used seriously for anything. But we can play around with it and try to make it work for purposes for which it was never intended, like this toy. Just because it worked before does not mean it will stay that way. If you prefer, just revert back to the one that works and never install any updates again.
2020-7-17
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

GaryDoug Posted at 7-17 11:05
You obviously have never written any code...ever. Any changes can affect the existing program flow and timing. So with each revision, it must be re-qualified. Android (and iOS) is a toy operating system that should never be used seriously for anything. But we can play around with it and try to make it work for purposes for which it was never intended, like this toy. Just because it worked before does not mean it will stay that way. If you prefer, just revert back to the one that works and never install any updates again.

hahaha...i am IT... basically you wrote one big NOTHING, not to say a stronger word ....it is called regression testing...you implement new functionality and make sure it does not ruin what you have already  working! and that is where QA is coming into work, it is their job to find and report the bugs.... which is done actually by the users on the forum as they are constantly asked to provide videos. Obviously the fly app was in alpha when released....now is close to beta, and still a lot of the same issues....and android being a "toy" system i am not sure i should comment....there are really a lot of companies that can make good software for android and there are the ones  that cannot do sh...t, i guess you work for one of the latter.

2020-7-17
Use props
panthere
lvl.3
Canada

sbonev Posted at 7-17 10:12
well you not being aware of an issue does not mean the issue does not exist...it is because of ignorant people with such attitude that nowadays companies release so many poorly tested products

You've been crying here for 6 months. You should consider changing your hobby.
2020-7-17
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

panthere Posted at 7-17 12:43
You've been crying here for 6 months. You should consider changing your hobby.

i am not telling you how to live your life...so i couldn't care less what your opinion is. save it for somebody that asks you
2020-7-17
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

sbonev Posted at 7-17 11:36
hahaha...i am IT... basically you wrote one big NOTHING, not to say a stronger word ....it is called regression testing...you implement new functionality and make sure it does not ruin what you have already  working! and that is where QA is coming into work, it is their job to find and report the bugs.... which is done actually by the users on the forum as they are constantly asked to provide videos. Obviously the fly app was in alpha when released....now is close to beta, and still a lot of the same issues....and android being a "toy" system i am not sure i should comment....there are really a lot of companies that can make good software for android and there are the ones  that cannot do sh...t, i guess you work for one of the latter.

I work for myself and am very successful. I also employ a couple of real IT guys, not like you. Have a nice day now.
2020-7-17
Use props
sbonev
Second Officer
Switzerland

GaryDoug Posted at 7-17 14:54
I work for myself and am very successful. I also employ a couple of real IT guys, not like you. Have a nice day now.

as suspected this only proves your little idea of IT  being limited to "i employ several real IT guys". Employing does not mean knowing, it only means you are showing how ignorant you are! So i guess sometimes it is better to talk only if you have something to tell, not just pour your opinions on matters you have limited knowledge of, or at least try to shed some light on the matter at hand, discussed in the topic you decided to bring your wisdom to... but then again i am no real IT guy cause you said so, what do i know
2020-7-17
Use props
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6763835 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Why are there so many trolls on this forum? Someone asks a question and it ends up in people insulting them. Disgusting.
2020-7-18
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules