Repair center changed / Faulty replacement drone
3072 21 2020-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_OfmSvrwUn0Iq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

Hi
I recentlly sent my Mavic Mini in for repair at the following address: DJI REPAIR DEPT Bijdorp-Oost 6, 2992LA, Barendrecht, The Netherlands
Now when I look at my case the address has changed to the following address: DJI Europe B.V. RMA Department
Daelderweg 21,6361 HK NUTH,The Netherlands

Why has this address now been changed and is my drone safe at the original address you told me to send it too as it was sent 2 weeks ago?

Thanks in advance
Mike

2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft

Hi, there. Apologies for being confused. It was delivered to our authorized repair center, it usually takes 1-5 business days for unpackaging and recording the info in our system.

In line with this, kindly provide us your tracking number, please. Thank you for your patience.
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_OfmSvrwUn0Iq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 7-15 08:22
Hi, there. Apologies for being confused. It was delivered to our authorized repair center, it usually takes 1-5 business days for unpackaging and recording the info in our system.

In line with this, kindly provide us your tracking number, please. Thank you for your patience.

https://international.myhermes.co.uk/tracking/HRM10875398
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

djiuser_OfmSvrwUn0Iq Posted at 7-15 12:23
https://international.myhermes.co.uk/tracking/HRM10875398

Thank you. You may check the progress of your case online. Kindly check this link

Thank you again for your patience.
2020-7-15
Use props
djiuser_OfmSvrwUn0Iq
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 7-15 13:22
Thank you. You may check the progress of your case online. Kindly check this link

Thank you again for your patience.

I just received the drone back from the service center and now I have a new problem with the gimbal. I have tried re-calibrating everything I can, but it still glitches.

Here is a video: https://youtu.be/SrbfGV-xJnU
Its taken 3 weeks to get this replacement after the first mini's gimbal failed in the first month. I have yet to have a working one and now I have to risk sending it and losing it again to receive another recon unit in another 3 weeks.
2020-7-22
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

hi djiuser_OfmSvrwUn0Iq,
We are sincerely sorry to hear about your problem. Please ensure that all components are updated to the latest firmware. If the problem remains, please execute these steps:

1. Ensure there are no obstacles hindering the gimbal performance and restart aircraft and remote controller. Refresh the app.
2. Calibrate the gimbal.
3. Ensure there are no little dust or sand particles inside the gimbal. Try to blow strongly at the gimbal and recalibrate again.
4. Ensure that the right propellers are properly installed to the motors. You can also try to replace them with new propellers.
5. Fly in an area with no strong winds.

If none of these steps solve the problem we suggest a repair case application.
2020-7-23
Use props
LeeFall
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 7-23 01:47
hi djiuser_OfmSvrwUn0Iq,
We are sincerely sorry to hear about your problem. Please ensure that all components are updated to the latest firmware. If the problem remains, please execute these steps:

So you are saying my only option now is to send the drone you just sent me back for another possibly defective drone? I have had 2 faulty drones now out of the box. Really not happy about this situation I am in. It seems after doing some research there are a lot of issues with the gimbals on your mavic drones. Maybe it would be better if I request a refund?
2020-7-23
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

LeeFall Posted at 7-23 12:32
So you are saying my only option now is to send the drone you just sent me back for another possibly defective drone? I have had 2 faulty drones now out of the box. Really not happy about this situation I am in. It seems after doing some research there are a lot of issues with the gimbals on your mavic drones. Maybe it would be better if I request a refund?

Hi, I understand that you wish to request a refund. Kindly take note of refund eligibility, the unit (drone) should be within the 14 calendar days upon delivery of the purchased drone.

Since this was already beyond the window time, we highly suggest sending it back and have it diagnosed again if the above troubleshooting steps failed and issues persist.

Thank you for understanding.
2020-7-23
Use props
LeeFall
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 7-23 14:52
Hi, I understand that you wish to request a refund. Kindly take note of refund eligibility, the unit (drone) should be within the 14 calendar days upon delivery of the purchased drone.

Since this was already beyond the window time, we highly suggest sending it back and have it diagnosed again if the above troubleshooting steps failed and issues persist.

It is only beyond this window for refund because it has taken 3 weeks to replace the faulty drone. I wish I went straight to the retailer now and asked for a refund straight away. I feel I have been strung along and now I have no option for refund and my only option is to send it to you and wait 3 weeks+ for another drone which could also have a faulty gimbal. This is crazy! I am considering taking this to an authority as this is unacceptable service.
2020-7-24
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

LeeFall Posted at 7-24 04:55
It is only beyond this window for refund because is has taken 3 weeks to replace the faulty drone. I wish I went straight to the retailer now and asked for a refund straight away. I feel I have been strung along and now I have no option for refund and my only option is to send it to you and wait 3 weeks+ for another drone which could also have a faulty gimbal. This is crazy! I am considering taking this to an authority as this is unacceptable service.

We understand how you feel, may we confirm where you purchased this drone?
From the video you posted above, did you speed up the video? Please double check whether you've selected FPV mode under APP-Gimbal Settings. If yes, could you please swaitch to Follow Mode and try again?
2020-7-25
Use props
LeeFall
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 7-25 02:53
We understand how you feel, may we confirm where you purchased this drone?
From the video you posted above, did you speed up the video? Please double check whether you've selected FPV mode under APP-Gimbal Settings. If yes, could you please swaitch to Follow Mode and try again?

The drone was purchased from very.co.uk and I already ensured FPV mode was not selected. I even tried toggling between them but still no solution.

0:28 - 0:42 was the only part of the clip i changed the speed on as it was doing RTH and was a long clip.

It looks like its losing its refernece point / horizon lock.
2020-7-25
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

LeeFall Posted at 7-25 06:09
The drone was purchased from very.co.uk and I already ensured FPV mode was not selected. I even tried toggling between them but still no solution.

0:28 - 0:42 was the only part of the clip i changed the speed on as it was doing RTH and was a long clip.

Could you please upload a clip of original footage without editing to Dropbox or Google Drive and then post the link here for further analysis? Thank you in advance.
2020-7-27
Use props
LeeFall
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 7-27 03:16
Could you please upload a clip of original footage without editing to Dropbox or Google Drive and then post the link here for further analysis? Thank you in advance.

Some of the clips i deleted but I have some and also some others
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KpFPAMp2sk2qchMPj3N-GgJamquzQ1PC/view?usp=sharing
2020-7-27
Use props
LeeFall
lvl.2
United Kingdom

LeeFall Posted at 7-27 10:24
https://drive.google.com/file/d/1KpFPAMp2sk2qchMPj3N-GgJamquzQ1PC/view?usp=sharing

I guess I have been forgotten about...
2020-8-4
Use props
LeeFall
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 7-27 03:16

Is some one going to get back to me? It has been 2 weeks!
2020-8-8
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

LeeFall Posted at 7-27 10:24

Sorry for the late response, the link that you provided is unable to access, could you please help to check it again? Thanks.
2020-8-9
Use props
LeeFall
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 8-9 01:58
Sorry for the late response, the link that you provided is unable to access, could you please help to check it again? Thanks.

The link should work https://drive.google.com/file/d/ ... PC/view?usp=sharing
2020-8-9
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

Thank you for getting back. Sorry again for the issue. Please try to refresh the latest firmware and check again.
If the issue persists, you may need to send the drone back. Sorry for the situation.
We are sorry that since you purchased the drone from the dealer, to apply for a refund, you may need to contact the dealer for the request. Hope your kind understanding.
2020-8-10
Use props
LeeFall
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 8-10 01:43
Thank you for getting back. Sorry again for the issue. Please try to refresh the latest firmware and check again.
If the issue persists, you may need to send the drone back. Sorry for the situation.
We are sorry that since you purchased the drone from the dealer, to apply for a refund, you may need to contact the dealer for the request. Hope your kind understanding.

I do not own a Mavic Air 2
2020-8-10
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

LeeFall Posted at 8-10 11:15
I do not own a Mavic Air 2

I am deeply sorry for the confusion, please try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone, and please avoid flying if the wind speed is too fast. If the issue persits, you may need to send the drone back again. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.
2020-8-11
Use props
LeeFall
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DJI Diana Posted at 8-11 01:38
I am deeply sorry for the confusion, please try to refresh the latest firmware for the drone, and please avoid flying if the wind speed is too fast. If the issue persits, you may need to send the drone back again. Apologize for the inconvenience caused.

I have already done these steps but the problem still persists. I have submitted yet another return. I hope this time I do not receive another faulty drone.
2020-8-12
Use props
DJI Diana
Administrator

LeeFall Posted at 8-12 08:58
I have already done these steps but the problem still persists. I have submitted yet another return. I hope this time I do not receive another faulty drone.

I will keep an eye on the status, hope you'll get the drone back to the air soon.
2020-8-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules