Poor Man Case
851 12 2020-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
chipchomp
lvl.1
United States

Too cheap to get a case, so I transformed the box into a case with a built in charging port.

Cheap Case

Cheap Case
2020-7-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there chipchomp. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing this DIY case you have created for your DJI for your DJI Mavic Mini. This is very innovative. Again, thank you for your support and fly safe always.
2020-7-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Very innovative - love it!
2020-7-15
Use props
VanzPix
Second Officer
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

it's ingenious kudos
2020-7-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hahahahahaha
Nice DJI
Eeh DIY
2020-7-15
Use props
chipchomp
lvl.1
United States

Man I am so pumped... This is my first nice drone.  I swear every RC Plane, Drone, Cat, Ball, you name it has ended up in a tree.  I've spent more hours getting things down from trees then I have had flying.  I really hope, this GPS thing does the trick.  Right?  I feel like i need to tie a fishing string to this thing.  BTW, here is a link to the video I saw that gave me the idea.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z4HIyp-G04&t=67s

Hopefully I can post a photo with my new case.  Which means I have not lost my drone.
2020-7-15
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13877205 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

chipchomp Posted at 7-15 23:49
Man I am so pumped... This is my first nice drone.  I swear every RC Plane, Drone, Cat, Ball, you name it has ended up in a tree.  I've spent more hours getting things down from trees then I have had flying.  I really hope, this GPS thing does the trick.  Right?  I feel like i need to tie a fishing string to this thing.  BTW, here is a link to the video I saw that gave me the idea.   

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_Z4HIyp-G04&t=67s

DJI do make exceptional drones - enjoy it
2020-7-16
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would suggest you look into getting a 2nd hand or ebayed etc. 3 port battery charger from the flymore kit. New, they are £35 on Amazon UK (free P&P) and I guess an equivalent price in the USA.
My reasoning is twofold
1) I dislike using the micro USB port on the drone any more than is absolutely necessary, in my case that would only be for connecting the drone to the "assistant" thing on my computer to read logs off the drone.
2) I would be concerned about exerting force on the connection as you, whilst charging,  put the drone into the box and removed it from the box .
2020-7-16
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Very creative
2020-7-16
Use props
chipchomp
lvl.1
United States

Sean-newbie Posted at 7-16 01:51
I would suggest you look into getting a 2nd hand or ebayed etc. 3 port battery charger from the flymore kit. New, they are £35 on Amazon UK (free P&P) and I guess an equivalent price in the USA.
My reasoning is twofold
1) I dislike using the micro USB port on the drone any more than is absolutely necessary, in my case that would only be for connecting the drone to the "assistant" thing on my computer to read logs off the drone.

I'm looking at chargers now...
i really want a plug in wall charger,... but I guess they don't exist.
2020-7-16
Use props
Sean-newbie
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you mean a charger that plugs into the wall and the battery then plugs directly into the charger, I haven't seen one either.
Aside from its charging capabilities I also like the fact that the flymore thing acts as a neat battery carrier/holder.
2020-7-16
Use props
nevac
First Officer
Flight distance : 9776798 ft
Serbia

I like it!
2020-7-16
Use props
videoeditman
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6713271 ft
United States

chipchomp Posted at 7-16 10:41
I'm looking at chargers now...
i really want a plug in wall charger,... but I guess they don't exist.

Chipchomp, see if this will fill the bill, it will charge up to 4 batteries simulateously, Controller & Phone.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mavic-M ... :g:6PsAAOSwW7heCci6
2020-7-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules