Ronin zoom/focus motor sbus remote control
3995 3 2020-7-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
alamac
lvl.1

Germany

Hi,

i have just setup my ronin-sc with a bmpcc 4k and some focus motor. I managed it to control the gimbal by spektrum rc controller using some special pwm to sbus converter. I can control all three axes, start and stop recording using my own BT device M5stick and it works nice but i can not control some focus or zoom motor. I tested some other sbus channels but it didn't work. It seems the motor does some bidrectional communications, so it is not just receiving some data. I spent a lot of time for searching on some solution but without sucess. Was anybody able to control some focus or zoom motor via sbus? If yes, which channel? Did anybody else find some other solution to control them by some rc controller to get a fully remote controlled gimbal with the abilitiy to focus and zoom the camera? Useful hints and recommendations are recommended.

Many greetings and thank you very much in advance

Alamac
2020-7-15
Use props
steady_skies
lvl.2
  • >>>
France

Hello, any update on this ? Also interested.
2020-7-19
Use props
alamac
lvl.1

Germany

steady_skies Posted at 7-19 01:21
Hello, any update on this ? Also interested.

Sorry no update, the protocol must be analyzed to understand the overall communication. Pan, tilt and roll is easy to Control via sbus and works nice but due to the dji's lack and bug of the bmpcc 4k support the external focus/zoom motor solution would be great. The buggy bmpcc support is a shame for dji, i hope they are working on this, but i dont believe there will come a solution.
2020-7-19
Use props
David0439
lvl.2
Spain

Only solution: Tilta Nucleus
2022-4-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules