Completely exhausted with trying to upgrade my P4 firmware
635 9 2020-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
gantechme.com
lvl.1

United States

OK all I wanna do is fly this thing I’ve had it a couple years so I’m trying to upgrade the firmware in on assistant two I get to 100% and then get a failed message. On DJI go 4.  It gets to 56% and then fails. I’ve tried it with and without the SD card. I’ve booted every different which way to no avail. This reminds me of when I haven’t started my PC in two weeks and I boot up wanting to just play a game for 30 minutes and I wind up waiting for two hours while windows updates. DJI if you’re listening , Please give us a mode to fly these things where we’re not spending weeks trying to upgrade the firmware. What’s the point in having this if you have no support ? I’ve uploaded the error log to your website or your server and I haven’t heard anything back about any work around.  My phantom four is a boat anchor nothing more I can’t do anything with it won’t have it?  To say I’m completely disgusted is an understatement and I don’t think anybody can help me except the factory because I’ve tried every suggestion on these forums.
How many more hours do I want to spend in my limited evening watching that failed message come up again and again and again and again and again?
And for whatever reason when I try to fly under the current firmware version I think it’s 601 or something it’s unflyable for the most part .
I give up .

2020-7-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

And for whatever reason when I try to fly under the current firmware version I think it’s 601 or something it’s unflyable for the most part .
What makes you think the firmware is the problem?
Firmware is unlikely to be the cause of flight problems.
How about explaining why you say the drone is unflyable and seeing if that can be addressed.
2020-7-16
Use props
gantechme.com
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 7-16 15:52
What makes you think the firmware is the problem?
Firmware is unlikely to be the cause of flight problems.

Fair enough
I’ll take a video of my screen while flying.
Actually hovering in the driveway
2020-7-16
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

gantechme.com Posted at 7-16 16:24
Fair enough

Just describe what it's doing.
Hovering in the driveway is probably not a good demonstration anyway.
How does it hover up above VPS range (>10 metres high)?

ps  Don't launch from the driveway or any reinforced concrete surface.

2020-7-16
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try a different computer and refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 from this link to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.
2020-7-17
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

gantechme.com Posted at 7-16 16:24
Fair enough

Despite what the moderator said, it would make more sense to do one thing at a time and leave messing with firmware until you sort out your drone.
2020-7-17
Use props
gantechme.com
lvl.1

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-17 03:02
Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this concern. Kindly please try a different computer and refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 from this link to isolate the issue. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Again, I am sorry for the trouble. Thank you.

Paladin
Thanks for the advice but would you read up that link because in your text there was no link
2020-7-17
Use props
gantechme.com
lvl.1

United States

OK I downloaded the new firmware and trying to update or five times so I’m just gonna have to send it in to DJI
Maybe I’ll bust out the phantom three I have just to fly it.
2020-7-19
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Australia

gantechme.com Posted at 7-19 18:07
OK I downloaded the new firmware and trying to update or five times so I’m just gonna have to send it in to DJI
Maybe I’ll bust out the phantom three I have just to fly it.

So I guess, we're not going to get any information about what's "unflyable" about the drone.
Why ask for help when you ignore people who try to give help?
2020-7-19
Use props
gantechme.com
lvl.1

United States

Labroides Posted at 7-19 18:46
So I guess, we're not going to get any information about what's "unflyable" about the drone.
Why ask for help when you ignore people who try to give help?

I’m an anesthesiologist and run a surgical center and I honestly haven’t had any time to go fly. I’ve just been working like crazy. That’s part of the source of my frustration is the lack of free time for my hobby so when I do have a little time and nothing works it’s frustrating.
2020-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules