DJI mobile 3 cannot balance phone
526 3 2020-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hqubic
lvl.1
United States

Watched the instruction tutorial, spent the last hour trying to balance the phone with no success.  The product is activitated and connected to phone's MIMO app.  I have the gimbal on the original tripod attachment sitting on a flat surface, would go through the horizontal and then vertical adjustments, the phone would seem balanced, but when I turn it on and try to pick up the gimbal to shoot, soon the phone will soon lose its balance and move to face down, and app would show Gimbal Error asking to reset.
I have repeated the process many, many times, and have viewed the official tutorial and also a few other youtube videos, keeps looping to the same results.  It's getting very frustrating, any help / insight is appreciated.  Thanks in advance.

This is with an iphone X, have tried both with case and without case, and same results.

[EDIT] have also tried in-app Auto Calibration, device would swivel around in horizontal mode, then switch to vertical mode, then error out at around 60%.
2020-7-16
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi hqubic, we are so sorry for the trouble with Osmo Mobile 3, did you update the firmware to the latest version? If not, please update it. Then have try with another phone. If the error persists, it is recommended to send back the device to DJI repair center for the diagnosis.
Here is the link to start a ticket:https://repair.dji.com/repair/index?site=brandsite&from=nav
2020-7-17
Use props
hqubic
lvl.1
United States

Yes the firmware update did start/complete successfully the first time I used the app.  I will start a ticket.  This is disappointing as I was really looking forward to using this product on a upcoming trip.
2020-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

hqubic Posted at 7-17 20:29
Yes the firmware update did start/complete successfully the first time I used the app.  I will start a ticket.  This is disappointing as I was really looking forward to using this product on a upcoming trip.

We apologize for the inconvenience caused, our repair center will take care of it when it arrives. If you need any further assistance, please keep us updated with the case number here.
2020-7-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules