Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Gimbal Overloaded
3369 27 2015-6-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jbdimassaputro
New

Indonesia

hello there...
anyone having same issue with me after updating to the last firmware?
advanced version..
the issue is when im flying i got notif that my gimbal was overloaded.. and its appear on the top of my screen..

thx!

2015-6-18
Use props
cecorcoran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1339157 ft
United States

I did too. I am not sure what it means.
2015-6-21
Use props
Flash123
lvl.3

United States

I started to get the Gimble motor overload today. First flight after installing latest firmware. nothing blocking the Gimble movement.
Did notice that the left front of the Gimble was getting very warm during upgrade.

Any thoughts?
2015-6-21
Use props
tommy_ccme.yaho
New

Indonesia

that's my problem too. what is the solution?
2015-6-21
Use props
cecorcoran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1339157 ft
United States

tommy_ccme.yaho Posted at 2015-6-22 10:01
that's my problem too. what is the solution?

I filed a support case and will update this thread if / when I get a response.
2015-6-22
Use props
Antti
lvl.1

Finland

Might want to check if there is dirt or some other small particles between the moving parts in your gimbal. Problem can always be software, but there can also be a mechanical reason.
2015-6-22
Use props
Zman
lvl.3
Flight distance : 256362 ft
United States

I to am having this error message. Calling Tech support now and on hold. 30min wait
2015-6-22
Use props
dwb72862
lvl.1

United States

I'm having the same issue after updating my firmware and also noticed the gimbal motor was very hot.
I've decided not to fly until dji can provide a fix.
2015-6-26
Use props
mhunsicker
New

Germany

get also the message in the dji pilot app after updating the firmware - any solutions?
2015-6-26
Use props
nickmedici
lvl.3
Flight distance : 88287 ft
United States

I believe everyone is having this problem now so I don't think it is a big deal but rather a glitch in the software that causes a flash of the message.
2015-6-27
Use props
alleywaystudios
lvl.1

United States

Yep having the same issue since fw update
2015-6-27
Use props
Snerd
lvl.2
Flight distance : 3117539 ft
United States

Same here, along with Weak Signal error when fairly close in.
2015-6-27
Use props
Filmkit
lvl.1

Netherlands

I'm still running the old firmware, but also got this message today. I figured it had something to do with high wind speeds.
2015-6-27
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
Flight distance : 1087028 ft
United States

Filmkit Posted at 2015-6-28 07:35
I'm still running the old firmware, but also got this message today. I figured it had something to d ...

Since my iPad updated to version 120 this is what happens.

I just tried it. Two minutes into warm up and pre-flight got an error "Gimbal Motor Overeated"  I've never had a problem with the gimbal prior to the update of the app. I shut it down and check for debris and obstructions, there were none.  Stared it up again everything seemed ok I picked up the P3 from the top and moved it slowly to check gimbal operation then again same error.  None of the gimbal motors are warm to the touch.

I flew it at about 30' alt and the gimbal seems to be working fine.  I just didn't want to push it till I find the cause.

I noticed the android users had poseted the same error after upgrading to the new android version of the pilot app.  I wonder if it's related.

I guess I will be calling DJI to see what up.

-Dog
2015-6-27
Use props
Young
lvl.1

Singapore

Any updates on this? I have same issue as well
2015-6-27
Use props
js1
lvl.1

Austria

Same issue here.
With Gimbal motor overload "return to home" failed. Just landed at the current position which can be deadly.

2015-6-28
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

js1@joopi.com Posted at 2015-6-29 14:08
Same issue here.
With Gimbal motor overload "return to home" failed. Just landed at the current pos ...

I think that your to close to the home point. When you are to close to the home point the RTH feature will just land.  Check your manual to see the distance you must be.

-Dog
2015-6-28
Use props
js1
lvl.1

Austria

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-29 14:42
I think that your to close to the home point. When you are to close to the home point the RTH feat ...

I don't think there is a minimum distance. If there is a deviation of the homepoint and the actual position then it should RTH. It worked in the past with the same distance. Regardless of that I can't have a RTH function that does something completely different. If it can't execute the RTH function then it should have a warning "can't execute due to minimum range" or so but not just landing. That's weird.
2015-6-29
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

js1@joopi.com Posted at 2015-6-29 15:58
I don't think there is a minimum distance. If there is a deviation of the homepoint and the actual ...

From what I can find the P3 must be greater that 20 meters away from the home point for RTH to work correctly. In your second attempt to RTH your pilot app shows the distance at 11.5M. That would be to close. Try it at 50M or 60M out just to be sure. Read this post Link

-Dog
2015-6-29
Use props
js1
lvl.1

United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-29 16:23
From what I can find the P3 must be greater that 20 meters away from the home point for RTH to work ...

As I said, it worked fine in the past. Also I read the official P3 user manual v1.2. No evidence for any minimum distance. If this would be really the case it should be in the manual.
2015-6-29
Use props
js1
lvl.1

United States

Dive-N-Dog Posted at 2015-6-29 16:23
From what I can find the P3 must be greater that 20 meters away from the home point for RTH to work ...

As I said, it worked fine in the past. Also I read the official P3 user manual v1.2. No evidence for any minimum distance. If this would be really the case it should be in the manual.
2015-6-29
Use props
Dive-N-Dog
lvl.3
United States

js1@joopi.com Posted at 2015-6-29 16:54
As I said, it worked fine in the past. Also I read the official P3 user manual v1.2. No evidence f ...

Just try it at 50 meters out, both of your attempts to RTH your distance shows no more than 11.5M. That's not that far just over 30ft.  I had the same problem when I first go mine and thought something was wrong and I read that it can't be to close to the home point.  I tried it further out  and it works perfect just not close to the home point. Sorry about the link it's off DJI's site so I guess it's un permitted. Try this post http://forum.dji.com/thread-18967-1-1.html

-Dog
2015-6-29
Use props
cathalspot
lvl.2

Ireland

cond flight out of the box, she took off like a bat out of hell, it took every pilot skill I knew to get her down in one piece.  So I cabin rate the imu today went for another test.
After 15 min (kept it close to me just in case).  No signal comes up on samsung s5 all firmware app new and and fresh as of a couple of days ago.   Then gimbal overload.  
Brought her straight down.. As mentioned it was only about 30 ft away.
This sucks, yesterday very close to crashing into house next door, pressed return to home and it went out of control.  Now maybe that was due to needing an imu calibration.  But this is not cool.  
I can't fly this it could do serious injury to something someone and my pocket, sort it out.  To add insult to injury wrote 3 emails to DJI support and tried live Teck support no reply from a
2015-7-13
Use props
jahanford
New

United States

Same issue here.
With Gimbal motor overload "return to home" failed. Just landed at the current pos ...

Regarding the time it takes to warm up, I saw a YT video that suggested that you make sure the the unit is very cool before you perform an advance calibration. I tried to find the video link but of course I can't. In the video the guy said by calibrating with a cool unit, it will reduce the warm up time.
2015-7-14
Use props
jahanford
New

United States

Same issue here.

Regarding the time it takes to warm up, I saw a YT video that suggested that you make sure the the unit is very cool before you perform an advance calibration. I tried to find the video link but of course I can't. In the video the guy said by calibrating with a cool unit, it will reduce the warm up time.
2015-7-14
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

I may have a solution for some...after i received my p3 i noticed two of the clear pins that hold the rubber boots in the gimbal where missing.Fortunately there where two spares in the bag so I installed them.Soon after take off got the gimbal overload message so I landed and removed the pins and upon doing so realized they where pushed up to tight.They should be just clicked on so when you move the gimbal the pin as plenty of room for the boot to move freely.Anywho I took all four pins out just using my finger nail they come out easy and after putting them back in never have had that issue again.
2015-7-14
Use props
REBELimgs
lvl.2
Flight distance : 46483 ft
United States

bastell Posted at 2015-7-15 12:08
I may have a solution for some...after i received my p3 i noticed two of the clear pins that hold th ...

There are only supposed to be 2 pins holding the gimbal on.
2015-7-14
Use props
bastell
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1526929 ft
Australia

Yuh what i didn't mention is that i took the two out and adjusted the other two.
2015-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules