Air 2 1.5 hours of flight and fried (fire)
842 9 2020-7-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
me.armstrongroadrunner.com
lvl.1
Flight distance : 20515 ft
United States

Got some good flight time in before it caught on fire.
Landed last flight today and it said prop was frozen. Nothing was frozen. It would not fly again. Chances battery and it started smoking.
2020-7-16
Use props
lvl.1
United States

I changed battery that’s when all hell broke loose. Smoke coming from forward of battery. Less than 1week old and 1.5 hours of flight time. Now what do I do? Credit card charge back?
2020-7-16
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

me.armstrongroadrunner.com Posted at 7-16 23:37
I changed battery that’s when all hell broke out. Smoke coming from forward of battery. Less than 1week old and 1.5 hours of flight time. Now what do I do? Credit card charge back?

Open a repair case under warranty?
2020-7-16
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there me.armstrongroadrunner.com. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your new DJI Mavic Air 2. This is not the experience that we want you to have with your DJI Mavic Air 2. Since this unfortunate issue happened. It would be best to contact out DJI Support Team for further assistance at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav . We would do their best to find out the reason of the incident and then the corresponding resolution/fix would be provided. Again I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and we hope to hear from you soon and looking forward to resolve this issue as soon as possible. Thank you.
2020-7-16
Use props
lvl.1
United States

Sure 3 weeks to ship then another 4 weeks to ship back. I’m too old for this .... FedEx sucks big time.
2020-7-16
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

me.armstrongroadrunner.com Posted at 7-16 23:59
Sure 3 weeks to ship then another 4 weeks to ship back. I’m too old for this .... FedEx sucks big time.

The other option is keeping a very expensive paperweight.
2020-7-17
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Seems a few batteries have melted,  open a case.
2020-7-17
Use props
Tentoes
Second Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

Start a case. Hopefully they'll use a US repair place.
2020-7-17
Use props
lvl.1
United States

MA 2 fried

MA2 smoked

Getting ahold of DJI frustrating

Well my MA 2 lasted one week 1.5 hours flight time then last night after landing I got a notice on DJI Fly app that propeller froze. Put drone on bench and props rotated fine so installed fresh battery and it smoked. After that wouldn’t power up. It’s dead.
2020-7-17
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to read the trouble with your drone, it needs to be sent back to DJI repair center for the diagnosis, did you start a ticket? If yes, please keep us updated with the case number, we will keep following up and expedite the whole process, thanks.
2020-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules