Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Disable Charge Phone
10639 8 2020-7-17
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Bryan Field
New

United Kingdom

Hello all,

Newbie here, I've been flying drones off and on for the past 4 years and last month I decided to go more expensive then I have done in the past and get the Air 2.
I've been loving it and have been flying just on my local field to get used to all the different modes etc Sport mode has been fun and I'm getting more confident as the week go on.

Today though I made the rookie mistake in not making sure my RC remote was charge and it cut of flying for a few hours while I went home and charged. I've now made sure to top up my power bank just in case
but my issue is that I don't want the RC charging my phone, I've been speaking to a guy in UK like me but flies with iphone and not Android like me who said there is an option on the control settings to disable charge phone.
The android app version however does not have this, anyone had any luck with any workarounds or know of this issue?
Would be horrible to not have the option as my RC remote drains so much, I have searched online and did see this being brought up about the Mavic Pro etc so maybe it's just always been the case.

Thank you

Bryan Field

2020-7-17
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I can understand those who have 6/7 batteries not wanting to waste time charging phone, but they are very few. You can easily fly 5 batteries and charge your phone with Air2 remote, so why wouldn’t you not want to do this and considering 90% of users only have 3 batteries then it should never be a problem. I use iOS device and always keep charge on because using 3/5 batteries I can guarantee both device and RC will never lose power unless RC is not charged. If your RC is draining this fast you have either serious problems with your device or faulty RC, and if it’s device then likelihood is your device will run out long before your batteries.
2020-7-18
Use props
GaryDoug
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

Making another special cable won't work either. I tried that and as soon as the current level goes too low, it stops communicating completely. And that was at about 95% of normal charge current.
2020-7-18
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Bryan Field.  Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. The reason why your Android mobile device is discharging your DJI Mavic Air 2 remote controller. This is because the Android mobile device needs on-going 500ma to maintain the USB connection, so there is no option for the Android device to disable the charging mode, it is related to the android system and the communication protocol. This is regulated by the Android Open Accessory ( AOA ). Thank you for understanding and support.
2020-7-19
Use props
fans3d632222
lvl.1
Slovenia

Dear DJI team, and how possbile that new controler of Mavic Air 2 doest charge Android phone connected to usb cable?
2021-5-7
Use props
Jidsliws
lvl.2
Flight distance : 35112 ft
United States

Android 11 has a switch "Charge connected device".
Does that mean you can switch between charging the smartphone and charging the controller, back-and-forth, with no in between?
Tune in next time...
When connected to the DJI charger, that switch is showing but of course it fails because you can't charge the charger.
When connected to the Mini 2 controller, that switch is not present.

2021-5-12
Use props
VanzPix
lvl.4
Flight distance : 229672 ft
France

I saw a solution for Android You have to install Android Debug Bridge (adb).

Two commands to launch on the phone in ADB with root rights:
dumpsys battery set usb 0
dumpsys battery set ac 0

But I haven't tested it yet
2021-5-14
Use props
Harry Jones
lvl.1

United States

I just purchased a mavic mini and had a heart attack when I saw how fast the remote control battery drained charging my Samsung S9.
I Then went to youtube and found this video:

Mavic Mini and Mini 2 remote charging Android phone ISSUE SOLVED!   

link :    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mDID4SvpbLU&t=72s

Many thanks to the creator of this video - Zolly .

I obtained diode 1N4004 from a local electronics store (micro center) for $1.99 and followed his instructions.  

My samsung S9 has the USB type C connector so I didnt want to ruin the micro USB to type C remote control cord experimenting, so i purchased a micro USB to type C adaptor ($3) and executed the video instructions on the unused micro USB to micro USB cord that was included with the drone.
=> make sure diode band is pointing in the direction of the phone !!

Worked 100% - now the remote control no longer charges my Samsung S9 when they are connected.

2021-11-21
Use props
djiuser_intMdVQ3Cv7G
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1677 ft

Belgium

Harry Jones Posted at 2021-11-21 07:13
I just purchased a mavic mini and had a heart attack when I saw how fast the remote control battery drained charging my Samsung S9.
I Then went to youtube and found this video:

Hi, with the diode pointing to the phone, current can only flow from RC to phone. However, the supplied voltage to the phone is about 0.6V lower than the voltage generated from the RC(=5V). Probably sufficient to get USB function working, but you can assume the phone will not charge because the supplied voltage is 4.4V, not 5V.
2022-6-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules