7823 13 2020-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Hi all
As my Xiaomi phone my A2 does not work with my new Mavic air 2 (I still have not been able to fly it, it is in its box) and seen the solution that DJI gives, always the same, that you buy one from the list that they propose. ..
  I invite us to say with which phone we are handling this drone, it would be great as a buying guide for me and many users who are in my situation.
Logically, terminals that ARE NOT ON THE DJI LIST.

ATTENTION, BEING SURE IT IS COMPATIBLE WITH MAVIC AIR 2, mine is compatible with the MINI, but NOT with the MAVIC AIR 2.

Thank you all.

2020-7-18
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4897142 ft
Czechia

How it is possible that one phone works with Mini but doesn't work with Air 2? As the same app is used...
Xperia XZ2 works with both drones, app ver. 115.
2020-7-18
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

virtual Publicado en 7-18 02:04
¿Cómo es posible que un teléfono funcione con Mini pero no con Air 2? Como se usa la misma aplicación ...
Xperia XZ2 funciona con ambos drones, ver aplicación. 115)
That is the GREAT MYSTERY, I do not think that the application is so much, I am more inclined to the Firmware of the Drone, that the command does not "recognize" the phone in any way, I do not find another explanation.
You want something VERY FUNNY. My son's phone is XIAOMI MI A2 LITE ... guess what ... IT WORKS !! and with mine NO ... THIS IS CRAZY
2020-7-18
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

JM.REYES Posted at 7-18 02:17
That is the GREAT MYSTERY, I do not think that the application is so much, I am more inclined to the Firmware of the Drone, that the command does not "recognize" the phone in any way, I do not find another explanation.
You want something VERY FUNNY. My son's phone is XIAOMI MI A2 LITE ... guess what ... IT WORKS !! and with mine NO ... THIS IS CRAZY

This is very sad! It is truth that as soon as I upgraded for latest app version (because of MA2), I realized that message sequence when connecting phone to RC is different than it used to be with MM. Isn't it just USB setting in Your phone? I believe that it should work with both drones (as the phone is clearly able to run the app).
2020-7-18
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

virtual Posted at 7-18 03:41
This is very sad! It is truth that as soon as I upgraded for latest app version (because of MA2), I realized that message sequence when connecting phone to RC is different than it used to be with MM. Isn't it just USB setting in Your phone? I believe that it should work with both drones (as the phone is clearly able to run the app).

I have checked the USB settings and it seems all right, but if it works with the Mini it should work with the Mavic as well. In my despair, I have reset the terminal with the factory settings, cleaning EVERYTHING, I have installed DJI FLY again and I have not achieved anything, the Mini continues to work (not mine, I no longer have it, it is from a friend) but the Mavic it does not work. This is maddening, DJI cannot do this to its clients.
2020-7-18
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

virtual Posted at 7-18 02:04
How it is possible that one phone works with Mini but doesn't work with Air 2? As the same app is used...
Xperia XZ2 works with both drones, app ver. 115.

I also have problems using the same tablet with the Air2 that works perfectly with the Mini. It is a different controller and drone after all.

A more knowledgable member here pointed out that my tablet that does not work for the MA2 is only a quad core. My tablet that does work is an octo core.

2020-7-18
Use props
nunofmadeira
lvl.1
Flight distance : 64213 ft
Portugal

I have Mi A1 and it works with MA2, but sometimes the mobile lost connection with the remote controller when flying (the screen goes black and white with a red error message) I'm still testing to see if it really from the phone or USB cable
2020-7-18
Use props
Tentoes
First Officer
Flight distance : 6018255 ft
United States

My Samsung Galaxy S10+ seems to work fine except the app doesn't think it can read the compass so the orientation display is red. Everything else works fine.
2020-7-18
Use props
virtual
Second Officer
Czechia

GaryDoug Posted at 7-18 11:30
I also have problems using the same tablet with the Air2 that works perfectly with the Mini. It is a different controller and drone after all.

A more knowledgable member here pointed out that my tablet that does not work for the MA2 is only a quad core. My tablet that does work is an octo core.

Realy strange, the only difference that I can remember now is higher res video signal displayed for the MA2 through Occusync 2.0, should this be the reason?
2020-7-18
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Well i have a galaxy s20 the smallest model and dji fly surprisingly works fantastic, never had any hiccups, or lag and most importantly the app never gets force closed or blacked out ....it works great! I know this phone is expensive but if u are going to get a cheaper device just make sure it is 64bit for software dji fly will not work to good otherwise....i recommend a phone with the snapdragon 865 ;) performance is bonkers and is compatible, plenty of newer phones have this processor already ....guess this is why the s20 works great
2020-7-18
Use props
$gambino$
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

virtual Posted at 7-18 13:14
Realy strange, the only difference that I can remember now is higher res video signal displayed for the MA2 through Occusync 2.0, should this be the reason?

Is the device 64 bit or 32? Need a 64 bit ....this is your problem most likely or processor and ram a behind a little...sadly u also need a newer spec'd phone with atleast 4gb ram ....not sure what your current devices specs are but look into it i am willing to bet it is either of those 2

Edit ; and to answer your question about live stream to device ....it is h265 ....shoot  some devices cant even run this codec yet in the native xamera app (e: if running amdroid 8.0 or slow device )
2020-7-18
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Great to see you back flying your new MA2
Official list.

Supported Mobile Devices

iOS V 1.1.5
Requires iOS 10.0 or above.
  Compatible with iPhone 11 Pro Max,iPhone 11 Pro,iPhone 11,iPhone XS Max,iPhone XS,iPhone XR,iPhone X,iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone 8,iPhone 7 Plus,iPhone 7,iPhone 6s Plus,iPhone 6s,iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone 6,ipad Pro(9.7-inch),ipad air2(9.7-inch),iPad mini4(8-inch),iPad Pro(10.5-inch),ipad Pro 2018(11-inch),ipad Pro (12.9-inch)
Android V 1.1.5
Requires Android 6.0 or above.
  Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S20,Samsung Galaxy S10+,Samsung Galaxy S10,Samsung Galaxy S9+,Samsung Galaxy S9 ,Samsung Galaxy S8+,Samsung Galaxy S8,Samsung Galaxy S7 edge,Samsung Galaxy S7,Samsung Galaxy S6,Samsung Galaxy Note10+ ,Samsung Galaxy Note9,Samsung Galaxy Note8,HUAWEI Mate30 Pro,HUAWEI P30 Pro,HUAWEI P30,HUAWEI P20,HUAWEI P10,HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro,HUAWEI Mate 10,HUAWEI nova 5,HUAWEI nova 4,HUAWEI nova 3e,HUAWEI nova 2,Honor 8X,Honor V10,Honor 9,Honor 20 Pro,Honor Magic 2,MI10,Mi 8,Mi MIX 2S,Mi MIX 2,Redmi Note 5,OPPO Find X,OPPO R15,vivo NEX,vivo X27,vivo X21,vivo X20A,OnePlus 7,OnePlus 6T,OnePlus 5,Pixel 4,Pixel 3 XL,Pixel 2 XL,Pixel 2,Pixel,LG V20,LG G6,Sony Xpeial 1
2020-7-19
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Official list.

Supported Mobile Devices

iOS V 1.1.5
Requires iOS 10.0 or above.
  Compatible with iPhone 11 Pro Max,iPhone 11 Pro,iPhone 11,iPhone XS Max,iPhone XS,iPhone XR,iPhone X,iPhone 8 Plus,iPhone 8,iPhone 7 Plus,iPhone 7,iPhone 6s Plus,iPhone 6s,iPhone 6 Plus,iPhone 6,ipad Pro(9.7-inch),ipad air2(9.7-inch),iPad mini4(8-inch),iPad Pro(10.5-inch),ipad Pro 2018(11-inch),ipad Pro (12.9-inch)
Android V 1.1.5
Requires Android 6.0 or above.
  Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S20,Samsung Galaxy S10+,Samsung Galaxy S10,Samsung Galaxy S9+,Samsung Galaxy S9 ,Samsung Galaxy S8+,Samsung Galaxy S8,Samsung Galaxy S7 edge,Samsung Galaxy S7,Samsung Galaxy S6,Samsung Galaxy Note10+ ,Samsung Galaxy Note9,Samsung Galaxy Note8,HUAWEI Mate30 Pro,HUAWEI P30 Pro,HUAWEI P30,HUAWEI P20,HUAWEI P10,HUAWEI Mate 20 Pro,HUAWEI Mate 10,HUAWEI nova 5,HUAWEI nova 4,HUAWEI nova 3e,HUAWEI nova 2,Honor 8X,Honor V10,Honor 9,Honor 20 Pro,Honor Magic 2,MI10,Mi 8,Mi MIX 2S,Mi MIX 2,Redmi Note 5,OPPO Find X,OPPO R15,vivo NEX,vivo X27,vivo X21,vivo X20A,OnePlus 7,OnePlus 6T,OnePlus 5,Pixel 4,Pixel 3 XL,Pixel 2 XL,Pixel 2,Pixel,LG V20,LG G6,Sony Xpeial 1
2020-7-19
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Spain

hallmark007 Posted at 7-19 11:43
Official list.

Thanks for the greeting, it is a pleasure to have your support, as you always do, contributing positively and helping. Greetings from Madrid, Spain.
2020-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules