Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Hyperlapse choppy
797 4 2020-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_DaDO00iaNF5C
lvl.1

United States

I set the shutter speed to 1/4, iso at 100, and the sequence to be 11 seconds (but I had to cancel 75% of the way in because it didn’t have enough battery power).

The minimum gap it would allow me for the interval between shots was 6 seconds, although it’s been as low as 2 seconds before, so I’m really not sure why that is. Longer shutter speed? Shorter sequence?

Whatever the reason, those were my settings.

Why did it come out looking all choppy?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/ox8f150v0g49zzx/SFEhyper.mp4?dl=0

It’s 8 seconds long, and I processed it (with a little post production color correction) with adobe premiere pro, hoping that the final product wouldn’t be choppy like the raw file.

Unfortunately, it’s basically just as choppy.

Any ideas/suggestions for the future?

Thanks!
2020-7-18
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

This seems to be a motion-lapse, not hyper-lapse.

Eight seconds between frames allows the gimbal to cover some ground. This will result in a choppy video.

I would assume the 1/4 sec exposure is responsible for the minimum timing.
2020-7-18
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused. With regards to this matter. As Curt1591 responded on post #2 the settings seems to be on MotionLapse. Kindly please check the settings under TimeLapse if the settings are correct. Please refer to the image below with regards to the TimeLapse settings. Please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_DaDO00iaNF5C
lvl.1

United States

So I can’t seem to make the sequence shorter than 6 seconds, no matter how I adjust the length of the timelapse or speed that it travels... I used to be able to go down to 2 seconds.

Anyone know why it might be not letting me set sequences shorter than 6 seconds now?
2020-7-21
Use props
Curt1591
Second Officer
Thailand

I believe 2 seconds was/is for video only. If you opt for video + images, it goes to 3 seconds.

Go to auto exposure and see what timings you can get. I'm still guessing it's a longer exposure that is causing the longer intervals.
2020-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules