This Evenings sunset (Resized)
395 17 2020-7-18
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
MrGene
lvl.1

United States

For what ever reason it wouldnt let me upload it with the short Video clip.

No filters  and  undeited

Edit

Had to resize the Pic was to large in original format

Enjoy

Afternoon Sunset

Afternoon Sunset
2020-7-18
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

Cool shot.
2020-7-18
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13864580 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Nicely done!
2020-7-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Very Nice Sun Rays
2020-7-19
Use props
MrGene
lvl.1

United States

Suren Posted at 7-19 11:10
Very Nice Sun Rays

I was in the process of wrapping it up and the sun rays caught my eye. I said to myself that would be a good Pic. So back up into the air it went and took a snap shop
2020-7-19
Use props
MrGene
lvl.1

United States

thanks AJ

still getting the hang of it though.

spent the last 2 batteries strafing laps around my pool getting accustom to something other than straight line of flight.
2020-7-19
Use props
MrGene
lvl.1

United States

thank you Woe,

Still a work in progress for sure. Thing flies so smoothly compared to all the other stuff I have flown. Was so hesitant on getting it buy couldn't  pass up the deal I found at a local pawn shop.  
2020-7-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MrGene Posted at 7-19 12:00
thanks AJ

still getting the hang of it though.

It all takes practice mate but thats part of it. Try using tripod mode to slow everything down and focus on combined stick commands. Just let go of the sticks if you feel yourself loosing control of the drone and it will break and hover where it is.

You'll be doing figure of 8's 5 feet off the ground in Sport mode before getting bored and flying it 400' AGL a mile away and think nothing of it in no time - I remember when I first started flying, I spent half of my flight thinking the drone was going to fall out of the sky and hurt someone from 30' up - I was literally shaking... 4 years and 12.35 million feet later and they never have
2020-7-19
Use props
MrGene
lvl.1

United States

A J Posted at 7-19 12:10
It all takes practice mate but thats part of it. Try using tripod mode to slow everything down and focus on combined stick commands. Just let go of the sticks if you feel yourself loosing control of the drone and it will break and hover where it is.

You'll be doing figure of 8's 5 feet off the ground in Sport mode before getting bored and flying it 400' AGL a mile away and think nothing of it in no time - I remember when I first started flying, I spent half of my flight thinking the drone was going to fall out of the sky and hurt someone from 30' up - I was literally shaking... 4 years and 12.35 million feet later and they never have

I'm not so worried about it falling out of the air, well maybe a little. My main concern is how far of a distance I go before I get nervous and turn around. so far i'm around 600 ft and about 300 ft up.

My experience with Remote controlled vehicles mainly the gas powered cars and the such was the minimal range on them. Nothing hurts more than seeing your 500+ rig take off and full throttle and slam into a brick building... that really hurts.

So far i haven't had any issues with the drone. still have lots of questions as I'm still new to this and their is not a lot of experienced drone pilots in my area. If there are i have yet to discover them. Things I have learned so far from research

1. always update your home point in case of signal loss
2. in case of signal loss pray it comes back to home point
3. the more you fly the better you get as with anything

I keep seeing these amazing photos and videos and think to myself man nothing around here like that  though I would like to take some footage of the battle ship not far from here. I know when I first set up the remote and drone with my phone it asked me how I wanted to connect it. Wired or WiFi. I assumed wired and so far no issues to report.

I've got my max ceiling set to 300 ft (90 meters) and my max distance set to (1600 ft 500 meters) though I know the distance is a fraction of what it is capable of and my antenna boosters should be finished this weekend I hope. Just have to find some 3mm solid aluminum rod

any advice you would like to throw my way i'm all ears
2020-7-19
Use props
NiNo Brown
lvl.3
Flight distance : 33942267 ft
United Kingdom

Nice one ....
2020-7-19
Use props
A J
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

MrGene Posted at 7-19 12:37
I'm not so worried about it falling out of the air, well maybe a little. My main concern is how far of a distance I go before I get nervous and turn around. so far i'm around 600 ft and about 300 ft up.

My experience with Remote controlled vehicles mainly the gas powered cars and the such was the minimal range on them. Nothing hurts more than seeing your 500+ rig take off and full throttle and slam into a brick building... that really hurts.

It does take time but the more you fly the easier it gets. Having a reliable drone is so important to build that confidence. Forget the camera profiles and functionality - as long as it does what you tell it to for now then the rest will follow in good time. Enjoy the journey. Life would be very boring if we knew everything.   
2020-7-19
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

MrGene Posted at 7-19 12:02
thank you Woe,

Still a work in progress for sure. Thing flies so smoothly compared to all the other stuff I have flown. Was so hesitant on getting it buy couldn't  pass up the deal I found at a local pawn shop.

Just keep at it and take your time. Learning is all in
the process, I've been flying for years and I'm still learning.
2020-7-19
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

MrGene Posted at 7-19 11:59
I was in the process of wrapping it up and the sun rays caught my eye. I said to myself that would be a good Pic. So back up into the air it went and took a snap shop

Nice, yup you rarely get sights like that
2020-7-19
Use props
DeafMacBoi
lvl.3
Flight distance : 7848 ft

United States

Nice picture.
2020-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there MrGene. Thank you for reaching out and for posting this cool photo you have shot using your DJI Mavic Air. Great work and keep on flying.
2020-7-19
Use props
QQRUCH
First Officer
Flight distance : 595518 ft
Spain

Great shot! Thanks for sharing with us!
2020-7-20
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft