Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Judging the horizon - feature request
402 1 2020-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansfe82067d
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I've recently started using the Osmo Action, having come from the Osmo Pocket (which I still have - it's a different tool for different tasks).

My chief problem with the Action, compared to the Pocket, is keeping it horizontal.  Of course in the midst of real action that's not so important but when making a video of a lakeside or seaside scene, it's pretty obvious if the little thing isn't being held level.

I keep the grid switched on, but what would be really helpful would be to have a horizon display same as you get on many DSLR cameras.  So there's a line shown across the screen which you align with another which the camera keeps horizontal in the display.  Line up the two lines, and the camera is horizontal.

I don't know whether it's got the hardware inside to measure the camera's angle relative to the horizon, but if so, a firmware  update to create a horizontal alignment display in the screen would be extremely useful.

Meanwhile I have sent away for a simple bubble level thing which fits on a cold shoe on the PGYTech frame.  That's a bit of a crude solution though.

Anyone else think this would be useful?

2020-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Thank you for reaching out and for this DJI Osmo Action Feature request. I will cascade this information to the designated DJI department for further evaluation. All significant suggestions or requests will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI Osmo Action updates and DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you for your valued support and fly safe always.
2020-7-20
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules