Is the OSmo Action Life ended here?
3169 15 2020-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

We ask questions, requests and help, seems we had the last update in March 2020  are we  at the end with  DJI Osmo action here?
2020-7-19
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Won't be long until we get a automated response!
2020-7-19
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Philippines

Last firmware update was June 17th, which you commented on multiple times... What am I mising here?
2020-7-19
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Yes  thank you so I am off a firmware. date Lol   What you are missing is me saying the camera is over, and a new one is coming out. called Rumor  & speculations.   see if DJI the team are allowed to release , any info, as companies are only allowed to Monitor for troubles.  most do not get it anyways.....
2020-7-20
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Ah I see Well by the looks of it a new Osmo Pocket is on it's way, and in all honesty that excites me much much more than any "Osmo Action" news.

In my humble opinion cameras like OA (regardless of the brand) are built for one purpose and one purpose only : Recording otherwise impossible to record action shots These are not photo or video cameras; they were never intended to be. These are cameras with god awful lenses so that they can record everything (however distorted they might look) and insultingly primitive mechanics just so that they can survive the harsh situations they were designed for. Yes they utilize every software trick known to man; but at the end of the day, those gimmicks go only so far.

OA was among the best if not the best within the whole miserable bunch. I love having it and using it where it actually is required. But I would not expect anything more from it, or it's potential successor for that matter...

Well, that's just silly me
2020-7-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

what more you expect out of a  10 plus year old sensor?
2020-7-20
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Philippines

Fishycomics Posted at 7-20 16:27
what more you expect out of a  10 plus year old sensor?

If I am not mistaken OA has an IMX377 sensor which came out in 2015... But my point is not about the sensor; it is more about what the camera is "not" designed for...
2020-7-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. The DJI Osmo Action is not listed on the end of life ( eol ) list of DJI. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team will continuously give out updates for the said camera. For more information about the DJI Osmo Action. Kindly please visit our official DJI wedsite at www.dji.com for further details. Thank you.
2020-7-20
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-20 20:56
Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. With regards to this matter. The DJI Osmo Action is not listed on the end of life ( eol ) list of DJI. Rest assured that our DJI R&D team will continuously give out updates for the said camera. For more information about the DJI Osmo Action. Kindly please visit our official DJI wedsite at www.dji.com for further details. Thank you.

Then that means no Osmo Action 2?
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Fishycomics Posted at 7-21 01:42
Then that means no Osmo Action 2?

Thank you for the additional inquiry. With regards to this query. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding the future models and features that will be released by DJI. For more information about DJI Osmo Action, please visit the official DJI website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2020-7-22
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 7-22 00:35
Thank you for the additional inquiry. With regards to this query. As of the moment we don't have any information regarding the future models and features that will be released by DJI. For more information about DJI Osmo Action, please visit the official DJI website at www.dji.com. Thank you.

Thank you.  From what you Just told me and All the others.  Osmo action camera   will continue to be produced. just no  info is allowed to be released? visit DJI.Com each day .  and one day a new model may be   for sale.   

We understand if you release a new model many will not buy the old one.
2020-7-22
Use props
Cisse
lvl.3
Flight distance : 8754354 ft
Belgium

As long as I remember DJI’s product strategy is to bring out new product generations regularly, but at the same time only improving the apps for that specific new product. Once their app is stable you will have some minor bug fixings but rarely new features.  

This is a tactic for existing loyal users to keep buying the latest products. And I am one of those.

Also , often DJI products and apps are released with less features than officially announced in their press releases or website. That’s part of their culture and company DNA.
2020-8-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

Thanx: App is  the Remote part of the product  along with the intranet  side, why we see more  updates on the App.     camera is outdated in 6 months time.  Feb, May, Nov, no news. will se  what fall brings in DJI news. hush hush wins no on over if ask, talk talk does
2020-8-14
Use props
BoozaWooza
lvl.4
United Kingdom

The longer we have to wait the better the next OA will be!
Wider field of view
Better audio
Built in audio slot
2020-8-14
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

1 inch-sensor, 5K
2020-8-15
Use props
snorkel
lvl.4
Flight distance : 452592 ft
  • >>>
United States

OSMO Action 2 should have:

backwards compatible lens covers so we can re-use or ND filters etc.
Use the same external mic adapter or just do a built in one.  If smart phones can make a waterproof 3.5mm jack, so can DJI
Wider FOV, bring it up to the same as GP 170 degrees
A remote control that can sync two or more cameras.
Make the Voice control more reliable and if it's already recording  don't stop when the "START RECORDING" command is received again.  If  it's already recording DO NOTHING.

2020-8-17
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules