Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
Video glitch and lags
3853 10 2020-7-19
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_x1USmzNXozbW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1185135 ft
Poland

So i tried to get some video from my mavic air 2 and i noticed some kind of glitch and lags. Also pictures cant be saved directly into phone, swaping between video recording and taking pictures creating massive lag and is taking like few to dozen seconds. What could be the reason for this situation? I am using samsung evo plus 128 gb. Could this be caused by my phone (xiaomi mi max 3 - 6 gb ram, 8x1,8 ghz cpu) or it is someting wrong with drone camera?
Glitch is taking place exactly at 1:28

In this video i experienced lags exactly at 1:21 and 1:24

I am happy with videos and pictures quality in good light condition but those problems are really bothersome for me.

2020-7-19
Use props
$gambino$
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1563980 ft
United States

Your device is 64-bit.... but it is a mid tier processor at best. U might need a newer spec'd device with a faster processor and gpu
2020-7-19
Use props
djiuser_x1USmzNXozbW
lvl.2
Poland

$gambino$ Posted at 7-19 13:01
Your device is 64-bit.... but it is a mid tier processor at best. U might need a newer spec'd device with a faster processor and gpu

Yes i agree with you that this isnt the strongest phone ever but in supported phone list for mavic air 2 there is redmi note 5 which is even slower then my mi max 3. You think that my problems can be coused by my phone? I have also ipad 2018, what you think, it will be better?
2020-7-19
Use props
Raudi
New
United States

Try setting transmission to Smooth instead of HD and turn off cache when recording under camera setting and see if that helps!

Lastly, you can try putting your phone in airplane mode.

2020-7-19
Use props
djiuser_x1USmzNXozbW
lvl.2
Poland

Raudi Posted at 7-19 13:25
Try setting transmission to Smooth instead of HD and turn off cache when recording under camera setting and see if that helps!

I am recording at 4k 60fps so it is automatically codec H.265. You think that this also can be a reason for those problems? Maybe recording in 4k 30 fps with codec H.264 would be solution?
2020-7-19
Use props
MisterFrag
lvl.4
Flight distance : 603143 ft
United States

The recorded video quality from the drone should be unaffected by the speed of the phone. Is the video from the phone’s cache, or did you download it after the flight? The MA2 is more than capable of recording 4K 30p and 60p.
2020-7-19
Use props
Geebax
First Officer
Australia

The primary location for recording video and photos is the removeable Micro SD Card in the aircraft. Any video or photos you see on your phone are at a reduced resolution and also subject to glitches in the radio transmission. The files on your phone are only intended to allow you to see what you are shooting, not for further editing.

It is not possible to save the full quality video or photos to your phone, as the transmission link is not capable of that sort of quality.
2020-7-19
Use props
djiuser_x1USmzNXozbW
lvl.2
Poland

MisterFrag Posted at 7-19 14:46
The recorded video quality from the drone should be unaffected by the speed of the phone. Is the video from the phone’s cache, or did you download it after the flight? The MA2 is more than capable of recording 4K 30p and 60p.

This wideos are directly from sd card. Those massive lags switching between video recording and taking pictures indicate that phone is too slow in my opinion but this glitch and video lags shouldnt occur in low spec device. What is strange i cant save my photos directyly to phone even though i have this option enable in fly app and photos are not saved. But videos are saving with auto cache videos disabled. I will try and use my ipad 2018 and see what happen.
2020-7-19
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to know that there are glitches and lags on the video taken from your DJI Mavic Air 2. Can you please try flying your DJI Mavic Air 2 to a different location and see if the issue will still perrsist and kindly please try a different recommended mobile device as well for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads
2020-7-21
Use props
djiuser_x1USmzNXozbW
lvl.2
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 7-21 01:10
Hello there. I am sorry to know that there are glitches and lags on the video taken from your DJI Mavic Air 2. Can you please try flying your DJI Mavic Air 2 to a different location and see if the issue will still perrsist and kindly please try a different recommended mobile device as well for us to be able to isolate the said issue. For reference I will post a link where in you can find the recommended mobile devices for the DJI Mavic Air 2 and with the DJI Fly application. Thank you.

https://www.dji.com/mavic-air-2/downloads

I have also ipad 2018. But somehow it isnt on supported mobile device list even though it is faster then ipad mini 4 and iphone 6 and in pair with iphone 7 in terms of specification.
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

djiuser_x1USmzNXozbW Posted at 7-21 06:52
I have also ipad 2018. But somehow it isnt on supported mobile device list even though it is faster then ipad mini 4 and iphone 6 and in pair with iphone 7 in terms of specification.

Hi there. Thank you for the reply and for these information you have shared. The iPad 2018 might work but  however, since it's not optimized and tested for the DJI Fly application by DJI we cannot guaranteed the stability of the iPad 2018  if it will work all the time with no issues. Thank you for your understanding.
2020-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules