iPad only WIFI
1193 9 2020-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Hi all. This query is directed especially by a DJI moderator, of course also for all the members of this great forum. They lend me an iPad mini 4 but it is only WI-FI, it does not have GPS, can I use it with my MA2 with all its functions? tracking mode on everything.
In advance THANK YOU ALL
2020-7-20
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

AFAIK the only function you cannot use is to set a new HomePoint using the location of your mobile device (wich uses GPS data mob device)
Tracking mode does not use GPS data of the tracking object ofcourse.

cheers
JJB
2020-7-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

This query is directed especially by a DJI moderator.
Good luck with that.
an iPad mini 4 but it is only WI-FI, it does not have GPS, can I use it with my MA2 with all its functions?
Your drone has its own GPS receiver which is what it uses for all flight functions.
The only feature that won't be useable is resetting the home point to the current location of the controller .... but that probably wouldn't work anyway with an Apple device.
2020-7-20
Use props
JM.REYES
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84423 ft
Spain

Thanks for your wise advice. I have also made a telephone consultation to an official DJI repair service here in the town where I reside. According to them, they indicate exactly what you say, they also indicate that the only thing that could not be done is the programmed route by points, but that everything else would work perfectly. It is my wish, I have intention, that this post with your help, may be interesting and clarifying for all of us who have doubts of this type. Again, thank you from the bottom of my heart.
2020-7-20
Use props
Woe
Captain
Flight distance : 4129268 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use the iPad mini 4 wifi version. Never had an issue.
2020-7-20
Use props
rwynant V1
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4842277 ft
  • >>>
United States

If needed you can HOT SPOT your wiFi connection with your phone and have way points working.

I am not sure if the iPad GPS would then be able to be used for resetting HP......

Randy
2020-7-20
Use props
djiuser_zb1ukJ9SBI5P
lvl.3
Flight distance : 748875 ft
  • >>>
United States

rwynant V1 Posted at 7-20 10:11
If needed you can HOT SPOT your wiFi connection with your phone and have way points working.

I am not sure if the iPad GPS would then be able to be used for resetting HP......

I use a Ipad Mini 5 wifi only connected via Bluetooth to a Garmin Glo 2 for my GPS connectivity. Works great.
2020-7-20
Use props
Andy Uk
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3985676 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

rwynant V1 Posted at 7-20 10:11

Apple always know there are mugs whole pay extra for basic features like GPS.  WiFi only Tablets from Apple have never had a built-in GPS chip, they included it embedded with the SIM module and expect you to pat £120 extra for the benefit.... zero excuses these days with embedded SIMs.
2020-7-20
Use props
Woobisah
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1702457 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've used an iPad 6th Gen Wifi no problem at all.  You can also just precache where you are flying ahead of time in the app.   You home point is set on takeoff, you just can't change it.
2020-7-20
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi. Thank you for reaching out to DJI Forum. It's good to know that your previous query was answered. As JJB advised at post #2 the drone can function properly, however since the said mobile device has no GPS feature the position of the said mobile device cannot be set as a new home point. If you have further concern or inquiry, please feel free to post it here at DJI Forum, we are here to help. Thank you.
2020-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules