Dji Ronin SC shake
4542 6 2020-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
jackdavidson24
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3494 ft
South Africa

Hi im hoping you can help me,I bought a DJi Ronin SC as a birthday present from myself to myself about a month ago. I am a cinematographer and wanted it so i can have smooth DSLR footage. Now it was a bit of a struggle to get it balanced with my camera (Canon 70D) but I finally got it balanced and fired it up. My setup with camera and lens is under the specified load limit of 2kg and my setup weighs 1.3kg. The current problem I am having is whenever I move around with the gimbal and camera I get these shakes around the edges and the footage does not look like it is from a gimbal. I have tried everything, from Ninja Walking with bent knees, to setting the pan axis smoothness to high, to changing the motor tune, nothing works(gimbal has the latest firmware).I hoping that someone could maybe give some tips on how to fix this? before I send it in for an inspection with DJI South Africa or purchase a new lighter mirrorless camera.
2020-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi jackdavidson24, sorry for the difficulties with the Ronin-SC. Ronin-SC is built for mirrorless cameras. For Canon EOS 70D, the recommendes gimbal is Ronin-S, here is the compatibibily list for your reference: https://www.dji.com/mt/support/compatibility?product=ronin-sc

But you could hava try with the following suggestions.
You mentioned the footage shakes around the edges, it seems the Roll axis is not working properly.
Please ensure to secure the locker in every axis.
Ensure the lens support has been mounted.
Select Pan Follow Mode under User Profile, increase the Deadband.
Adjust the Stiffness value of Roll on the basis of the gimbal will not shake.
Turn on the IS of the camera and the lens.
2020-7-21
Use props
jackdavidson24
lvl.1
South Africa

I understand that thank you ;), I also bought it as a future investment as I am planning to switch to a mirrorless camera soon. Thank you for the suggestions I appreciate them, I will give them a try and get back to you.
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jackdavidson24 Posted at 7-21 03:08
I understand that thank you ;), I also bought it as a future investment as I am planning to switch to a mirrorless camera soon. Thank you for the suggestions I appreciate them, I will give them a try and get back to you.

No problem, please let me know if you have any further concerns.
2020-7-21
Use props
jackdavidson24
lvl.1
South Africa

Hiya, i was just wondering if i should fit the riser plate to the camera as well?
2020-7-22
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

jackdavidson24 Posted at 7-22 10:30
Hiya, i was just wondering if i should fit the riser plate to the camera as well?

Riser Plate is required in the following scenarios:
1. When using a small and lightweight camera such as Sony A6300 cameras;
2. When using a lens with a large diameter such as Sony A7M3 with a 16-35mm f2.8 GM lens;
3. When used with a focus motor.

2020-7-24
Use props
serionoserio
lvl.1

Spain

I have a little issue with my RoninSC, when i try to press Mode Buttons 1, 2 or 3. when i press to change the mode the light turns from green to yellow and don’t  let me change it. I only can change it using the app. Everything else is working well. I calibrate my camera and use autotune too. Anyone have an idea what happened?

2020-8-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules