I am on MAVIC MINI # 3, in a week.."IM new, & dont know wht to do...
1144 14 2020-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
meejaycoran
lvl.2
Flight distance : 290295 ft
United States

Hey guys,  I just wanted to say HEllO and so stoked to be flying the Mavic Mini and having a great time... lol As you can see, 3 in a week should tell @dji something...I live in Atlatna, GA. and close to an airport Peachtree Dekalb so I can only fly about 100 seconds at my house before I'm in restricted air space, but I love every second of flying the drone no matter what.  So, I just wanted to say Hello to my mavic mini peers and get some feed back from you guys.

I know a lot of you prob. read the thread title and was like what an idiot noob, right? lol that's what I would I think if I saw someone went through 3 mavic minis in less than a week!!  I bought my first one on my birthday 7/11 and for what ever reason the gimbal was not working correctly and it said it was locked.  Luckily, it was an easy walk in to Best Buy and let them know that the cam. was not moving and gave me a brand new one...  SO, I was flying right before it was dark and flying in my neighborhood, just really open and look at the city and back down and get a few pictures and see that the gimbal was working correctly...I landed and as I was saving the photos onto my phone one of the guys in the neighorhoood ran over the back left propellor.. I have the DJI CARE Refresh thank god!  Since, I do not have much paitience, I went and bought another one and we are good to go as far as flying..

My main question is this:  I sumibtted everything DJI care refereshed asked and went ahead paid both for the service and went ahead and payed for another air craft.   The only thing is that I've seen other people who get sent shipping lables for them to print out and ship their drone back.  How long does it take to get the shipping lable after you've made your payment for the new device?  I did that yesterday and all I have is my paypal receipt for transaction for paying for the new device.
I'm not sure if DJI is going to send me a box and then I reship it back like how Apple does, or do I need to go to the UPS store and ship out from there?   I have tried to call @dji many times but you all know it's almost impossible to get through...

Again, any feed back or a hello is always welcome!

thanks guys,

Clint
2020-7-20
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13838848 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I don't fly the Mini but welcome to the forum - third time lucky!
2020-7-20
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

Welcome to the forum. In most cases a DJI admin might hop on this thread and can help you out better than we can. from what I have been seeing on the forum is that things a lot slower than normal due to the pandemic.  DJI is based in China and therefore are highly effected by everything going on.

I hope you get everything sorted out and safe flying.
2020-7-20
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

Cavu Films Posted at 7-20 13:05
Welcome to the forum. In most cases a DJI admin might hop on this thread and can help you out better than we can. from what I have been seeing on the forum is that things a lot slower than normal due to the pandemic.  DJI is based in China and therefore are highly effected by everything going on.

I hope you get everything sorted out and safe flying.

Thanks for the welcome!  Yeah I hope someone from DJI or anyone who has experienced sending their drone back via the DJI Care Refresh and what the steps are.  I have watched a few youtube videos and have done everything I was supposed to do, as far as my payments...  I am just waiting on them to send me my instructions for mailing it off..

I wasnt sure if they were going to mail me a box and then I send it but one of the videos I watched the guy just printed off the UPS label and shipped it... I guess I need the shipping address and hopefully it is going to California!

Anyone else with feed back please chime in!  Thanks guys!
2020-7-20
Use props
Cavu Films
Second Officer
Flight distance : 549295 ft
  • >>>
United States

meejaycoran Posted at 7-20 13:37
Thanks for the welcome!  Yeah I hope someone from DJI or anyone who has experienced sending their drone back via the DJI Care Refresh and what the steps are.  I have watched a few youtube videos and have done everything I was supposed to do, as far as my payments...  I am just waiting on them to send me my instructions for mailing it off..

I wasnt sure if they were going to mail me a box and then I send it but one of the videos I watched the guy just printed off the UPS label and shipped it... I guess I need the shipping address and hopefully it is going to California!

I had to do a warranty return with a battery one time and they sent me a UPS label through email. So yours should be the same I would think.
2020-7-20
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi Clint, thanks for sharing your story here. Usually the sgipping label will be sent within 48 working hours if your address is qualified for it. I managed to get your case number via your Forum account and will inform the team to handle to your case in priority, please pay attention to the email notification.
It is recommended to use the original box and secure it properly before shipping it.
2020-7-21
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-21 04:58
Hi Clint, thanks for sharing your story here. Usually the sgipping label will be sent within 48 working hours if your address is qualified for it. I managed to get your case number via your Forum account and will inform the team to handle to your case in priority, please pay attention to the email notification.
It is recommended to use the original box and secure it properly before shipping it.

Thanks for the reply.  SO, I got sent the shipping labels and took it to the local UPS store and had them package the drone very carefully in a box I had to buy.  It said my batteries or controller was not needed; they still work fine and everything, so the Drone will be sent your way!  I really appreciate you helping out because I got the shipping label I had to print out pretty quick lol  I put my refresh care number and the thing they send you from the email in the box too.  
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

meejaycoran Posted at 7-21 12:51
Thanks for the reply.  SO, I got sent the shipping labels and took it to the local UPS store and had them package the drone very carefully in a box I had to buy.  It said my batteries or controller was not needed; they still work fine and everything, so the Drone will be sent your way!  I really appreciate you helping out because I got the shipping label I had to print out pretty quick lol  I put my refresh care number and the thing they send you from the email in the box too.

Sorry for the late response, glad to know the drone has been shipped, you just need to send back the damaged device. Our repair center will take care of it when it arrives, appreciate your patience. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to let us know.
2020-7-24
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-24 06:28
Sorry for the late response, glad to know the drone has been shipped, you just need to send back the damaged device. Our repair center will take care of it when it arrives, appreciate your patience. If there is anything else we can help you with, please feel free to let us know.

YES.  Thank you!!!  I have another question.. So, I just got my replacement and I have invested into two drones.. Yesterday afternoon, I hit a zone where I couldnt really control the landing.  So,  it's in the trees and i have the GPS coordinates, just wanted to know if you had advice..I am going to save my

Also, I just got the new DRONE in do I need redownload DJI software and reconnect?  The reason I have not just swipped the app off yet is because I have my flight history on the one but I am about screen record it but any info from anyone would be great!
2020-7-28
Use props
m80116
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3264131 ft
Italy

So to sum it up...first 10 days:

1st time: drone broken (was the gimbal protector taken off) and back to BestBuy
2nd time: download media from the drone on the ground (good recipe for a quick overheat), somebody inadvertently trample on it.
3rd time lucky? Landed in the trees.

I think you should consider something cheaper and worse than a Mini...
2020-7-28
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

m80116 Posted at 7-28 14:07
So to sum it up...first 10 days:

1st time: drone broken (was the gimbal protector taken off) and back to BestBuy

Yeah, maybe...proabley not though because these are so much fun to fly!
2020-7-28
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 7-21 04:58

Hello Ms Mindy,

I remember you helped give me a little peace of mind responding to me on here the other day when I did my first  used DJI care Refresh on my first Mavic Mini.  I have two by the way..lol only because I really wanted to fly after I got the first one and the gimbal was not working & the next one only had like 3 flights before it was not working.  The bad news is I ended up in some trees on Drone 2 and luckily fount it last night up in some vines and that was probably my 8th time in the woods over 24 hours lol.
The good news is I can still fly Drone 1 now, but i want to see if you could see my case number on the other drone?  

I just did all the payment information about 18 hours ago and just waiting for the shipping label.  It was an easy process once I got the shipping label.  Thank you, again!  You've helped out a ton!!!!  Have a good weekend too!

Clint

Are you able to see my case
2020-7-31
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
  • >>>

meejaycoran Posted at 7-31 11:02
Hello Ms Mindy,

I remember you helped give me a little peace of mind responding to me on here the other day when I did my first  used DJI care Refresh on my first Mavic Mini.  I have two by the way..lol only because I really wanted to fly after I got the first one and the gimbal was not working & the next one only had like 3 flights before it was not working.  The bad news is I ended up in some trees on Drone 2 and luckily fount it last night up in some vines and that was probably my 8th time in the woods over 24 hours lol.

I was day off in the past few days, sorry for the late response.
I regret to know your another drone was crashed, yes, I managed to get your case number CAS-4738429-J7Q7Q8. The shipping label will be sent in working hours, please wait patiently, thank you.
2020-8-1
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-1 01:16
I regret to know your another drone was crashed, yes, I managed to get your case number CAS-4738429-J7Q7Q8. The shipping label will be sent in working hours, please wait patiently, thank you.

Awesome!!!  Thank you again, Mindy!!! Yeah, it is a bummer, but the good news is I was able to get out the trees 48 hours later at night...  It even flew after that..lol but not for long..I was just testing to see if anything was damaged from the fall, but when I was testing it, it litteraly just dropped out the sky and on to the pavement from about 20 feet up and that was a much harder fall... THANK GOD for the DJI Care Refresh..

Enjoy your time off!
2020-8-1
Use props
meejaycoran
lvl.2
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 8-1 01:16

Hello Mindy,

I wanted to see if you could give me any better feedback.  I did everything like I did on the first drone send back and it got to TX.  I got an email with a tracking number and when I put in the tracking number it says invalid and when I call it says it was delivered on 7/31.  The case number for this drone would beCAS-4738429-J7Q7Q8 and when I put in the tracking information nothing comes up and say it's wrong.  Thank you, Mindy!

2020-8-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules