DJI wants $132 to repair Osmo Pocket covered by Osmo Shield Plan?
1504 5 2020-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
LennyC
lvl.1
United States

Hey guys. I'm looking for advice in case any of you have gone through something similar. I Purchased DJI Osmo Pocket February 2019 and I purchased an OSMO Shield plan which is supposed to cover accidental damage for a total of 2 years after your purchase date.

My Osmo Pocket sustained some physical damage and basically the gimbal would get stuck at a certain point on boot up. There was some external scuffs and scratches but I didnt care about that. Mostly the fact that it would take me like 4 or 5 boot up attempts before my gimbal would work which was super annoying. It would still record fine.

I sent in a repair request and DJI is asking for $132 to repair my Osmo Pocket even though it's covered by my shield plan. I've never made a repair request before so
Here's what they replied to me with:

Dear customer,
We regret that the service is not covered by warranty based on the results of damage assessment.Parts and labor listed below.We will either repair it or replace it with a product thats new or equivalent to new in both performance and reliability after payment has been received. For more information, please visit (http://www.dji.com/service/policy)

Here are the images the repair department sent me:

I don't really get it. The OSMO Shield plan I applied to my OSMO Pocket should cover accidental damage and water damage and stuff. It says in the plan that the plan covers a 1 time replacement of my OSMO. Here's the page that talks about the OSMO Shield plan: https://www.dji.com/service/osmo-shield

Has anyone else had this happen to them? Do you think DJI is in the right here or should I contest this? What is the point of even buying the extended accidental damage warranty if you have to pay for accidental damage?

2020-7-20
Use props
Ray-CubeAce
Second Officer

United Kingdom

Looking at the terms and conditions of the warranty under the exclusions clause gives them pretty much free reign on what they will or won't cover. I think in your case they would be implementing clause 12.
It pays to read the terms and conditions of any warranty offered.
Terms and Conditions
2020-7-21
Use props
AlanHd
First Officer
Flight distance : 797365 ft
United Kingdom

Nearly chocked when I read the exclusions. Hope you get it sorted.
2020-7-21
Use props
A J
Captain
Flight distance : 13926112 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thats a wedge - hope you get it fixed soon
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Thor
Administrator
Flight distance : 13602 ft

Hi LennyC,
Sorry to hear about your experience. Your case had been forwarded to the corresponding team for review. You will get informed if there are any updates about your case.
2020-7-21
Use props
LennyC
lvl.1
United States

Hey Everyone!

Wanted to provide an update that DJI Support got it sorted out and I got my Osmo Pocket repaired free of charge and I should be receiving it soon! So in the end the Shield plan did work. I just had to go through some extra steps to actually use it.

It would have been good if they had seen that I had a shield plan tied to my Osmo's serial number and given me the option to use my shield 1 time repair without me having to email support and ask for it and make these posts though.
2020-7-22
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules