Can DJI add the ability to know if the motors are going too hard?
396 4 2020-7-20
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can DJI add the ability to know if the motors are going too hard?  As in, I think when motors or the ESC, system has impedence due to old age and wear, it shows up in the logs as a symptom.  Before We lose a motor in the air from this heat or another component from long flight mileage and hours, can we have at least some sign that it is time to refurb to something new?
2020-7-20
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

As in, I think when motors or the ESC, system has impedence due to old age and wear, it shows up in the logs as a symptom.  
This is at least the third thread you've started about this.
How many DJI motors have failed that you are aware of ?
Do yourself a favour and do some research about brushless motors and their longevity before you lose any more sleep about yours that probably haven't even clocked up 100 hours.

You're going to have to replace the mayonnaise in your gyroscope long before your motors need any attention.

Before We lose a motor in the air from this heat or another component from long flight mileage and hours, can we have at least some sign that it is time to refurb to something new?
You made more sense prognosticating about coronavirus and the afterlife.

2020-7-20
Use props
AntDX316
First Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Labroides Posted at 7-20 17:03
As in, I think when motors or the ESC, system has impedence due to old age and wear, it shows up in the logs as a symptom.  
This is at least the third thread you've started about this.
How many DJI motors have failed that you are aware of ?

As long as it doesn't bust, then it's fine.
2020-7-21
Use props
Flycaster
Second Officer
United States

There ya go...!
2020-7-21
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there AntDX316. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing your insights with regards to this matter. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. All significant information will be implemented after the evaluation of the DJI Engineers. For the latest DJI updates please stay tuned to our DJI official website at www.dji.com. Thank you.
2020-7-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules